Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Pain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WakeBabe07
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Cleveland-&-Sandusky

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Pain Reply with quote

I love skateboarding..but i have this disease in my knees. The disease breaks down all the muscle and tissues in my knees and makes it really hard for me to walk. I decided to pick up skateboarding because i was sick of waiting for wb season, and i got really good, but the other day i went to this big skate park with a few of the boys and we were there like all day long and the next day i couldnt walk at all. So i went to the doctors and he said i cant skateboard anymore... Sad Is there anyone here with bad knees or anything that knows about braces or stuff that might help a little bit and make it so i might be able to skateboard again? I really like skateboarding and i really dont want to have to give it up.
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blew out both my knees in high school (many many moons ago) & I still skate. I don't have a degenerative disease either so that's different.

I'm not sure that braces are gonna help anyways, the hardest part about it is the impact & that's not something a brace will stop. If he sez the sideways motion or whatever is hurting you then yeah you can use one of those really expensive knee braces with the pistons on it (I had one of those) & that'd keep your leg from making sharp lateral movement, but landing big gaps or handrail is just something you hafta deal with 'cuz there isn't a brace on the market that helps your meniscus absorb impact.
WakeBabe07
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Cleveland-&-Sandusky

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah good point, but yeah it is all the impact and everythnig that is causing the problems. I didnt know if they made anything out there for that but i guess not its really depressing. I cant pay any sports because of it...which is why i wakeboard and stuff bc the water helps with impact and all that jazz haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: