Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

2003 Hyperlite Split Bindings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fifeman
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: 2003 Hyperlite Split Bindings Reply with quote

How good are these?
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Beaumont, TX

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude save some more and go with the belmonts or the parks u will love either of those im sure

but on the splits I dk never dealt with em
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RUSSIAN
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would reccomend not getting adjustable bindings. you really want support when riding and that type of binding just doesn't cut it. If it's a money issue then try varius websites to find older high wrap bindings, you can find some good deals on stuff that's a couple of years old. good luck
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should only be wearing adjustables if the board is going to be shared by all of your friends or family. If not, follow Russian, and CRZY's advice...
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with crzy, about the park bindings, i have those and love them, i highly recomend them, but then again i have never used the split bindings
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well like everyone always says ..... hey its just personel opinion ride with what ever feels good to u
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true.... if you cant decide, demo some different pairs first to find what you like, or if your certain you want the split bindings, go for it
wake152
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Eugene, Or

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should def try the Parks, I got them at the end of my season last year so I rode them a few times and i fell in love.

You Down with AGB?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
K-dub
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ride the Parks and love them.
Steelerguy
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spins are on the lower end of the spectrum. we all shared a Hyperlite Fluid 137 with split bindings. Its a great boot when used with many different boot sizes..... IM sure the more expsive boots might be better... but have a look at the spins... seems to me they look alot like the belmonts.... HMMMM and if you not sharing the boot.... Breaking in any wakeboardboot is like breaking in Hockey skates... It will mold to your foot.... nice and comfy....
Geoff Standish
Addict
Addict

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 2002 Hyperlite Splits on my board. For the money I'd say they are excellent. Sure the parks/belmonts/bylerlys are gonna be better. But the value in the Splits is great.

I've used some parks bindings before, and well if you can afford it.....go for it. They are very comfy.

If not, the Splits won't let you down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WakeMeUp
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Sherbrooke, Qc

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the waterski school had them on their location board and after a couple of weeks they were torn from about every angle possible... it felt loose and had zero support... plus that claw thing I hate... I hope it's better on high end bindings... and for a lace up system, they were so hard to loosen... that little plastic buckle used to get stuck when I got them tight as I like a binding... it made me enjoy my ultras a whole lot more... but yeah you have a point, they are affordable...
fifeman
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i've gathered up $600 and i wanna buy a parks 138 which is almost 400, and i was trying to find a binding for 200 so I wouldn't have to get anymore money, but i guess i still have a long time to go till the summer to get more. Should i just get more money and buy a parks or belmont, or just stick with the splits? i'm not gonna be sharing them with anybody, so i dunno.
orzech
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Honeoye

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couple things... ebay is the best. I have got everything from there. belmonts trip and other crap. Ne ways. I love the 01 belmonts. Same thing as all of the other years, but they do not have the crappy claws(plastic baseplates). I got my belmonts for 115(this year) and my trip for 220(in spring 2002). You should be able to get a parks a lot cheaper. And just to let you know, i have herd some bad things about the parlks board. Have you done some research on it? Lata
Nick Ward
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Quebec, Canada

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use to have the 2002 splits bindings... i think for the price it's a very good thig to buy it... shure they aren't as confy as my ultra's but there where good... they have a lot of support...
Pope
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could hardly read steelers post i had to keep lookin over at his pic....
Mythodikal
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea for a cartoon its not half bad and a real attention getter
Tantrum 2 Faceplant

City: Queensland, Australia

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tip: if you do get them, make sure you do up both the top ankle supports at all times- i just sprained my ankle majorly and am out for a few weeks now (sucks very bad!)

I've been riding a set of 2002 Splits pretty much since they come out in Australia. We have around 4 people that use the same board and bindings so we needed to go adjustable. Only problem is my brother and I both have really wide feet and even the X-Larges are tight on us.

fs04laoaksfny
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Southbridge

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get some 3060s if moneys the problem man...there great....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WakeMeUp
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Sherbrooke, Qc

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait untill summer and buy something more expensive with all the cash you'll get until then... or buy a pair of Nice... there's a wide range of model and they're good quality for the price...
B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay, eBay, eBay.... Go on eBay and see what they have. You can always find a great set upnfro around a 1/3 of the cost at a shop or on line. Belmonts, Byerlys, Ultra's, cinchwrap's, you name it and you could find it on there. Especially a parks board, seems a lot of people bought it w/o demoing it and decided they hated it. I think the parks and belmont are the most common setups on eBay. Go there and check it out.

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
John Jared
Addict
Addict

City: Round Lake, IL

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are only looking for the bindings I'd go with the parks. Last year I bought a Motive 140 with the Split bindings for $279 at Galyans. I had a blast with that setup. In September I got the Parks 143 with the Parks bindings and it was so much softer.

I'd recommend either depending on how much cash you had to fork out. I wasn't sure what I'd like/want so the $297 wasn't bad. Had I not demo'd the parks I'd still be riding the Motive with the Split.

http://www.wakepics.com/member/jjared
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=20
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: