Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Help choosing a Camera bag...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Want2ride
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Layton, Utah

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Help choosing a Camera bag... Reply with quote

OK so I have a Digital Rebel with the kit lens, then I just got a 70-200 F4 and now I'm realizing this is not going to fit in my current bag. I have been looking around but there is so many options. I think I want a backpack but I'm not limited to just that. If you guys could just let me know what you use and your feedback them that would be great!
RD
Addict
Addict

City: Discovery Bay

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the MicroTrekker 200 from Lowepro. It's a backpack style and will hold the body and that lens easily in the middle with room for a couple of other lenses on the sides.
Kai
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jun 02, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now i have lowepro aw. its a topload so basically fits the camera with a lens, (ive fit a lens up to 200 in it) along with some film/flash/etc. but i am saving for a backpack. IMO get a bag like that is like a lowepro AW (all weather) if your shooting wakeboarding or around, incase it accidently gets splashed. And it will come in handy incase if your out and the clouds decide to rain on you. Im not sure how one would do without the water resistant feature, but Id personally get that or something similar just to lessen the chances of something bad happening to your investment. I know lowepro has a bag that is completely waterproof and im sure other companies probably do as well if you want to be extra safe, not sure if thats necessary or not. Some other info that i was told for looking for a bag is, its nice to beable to customize your compartments in your bag (some you cant move the padding at all)

hope that helped... later
garveyj
Addict
Addict

City: Savage, MN

PostPosted: Jun 03, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:
I like the MicroTrekker 200 from Lowepro. It's a backpack style and will hold the body and that lens easily in the middle with room for a couple of other lenses on the sides.

I too have the MicroTrekker 200 from Lowepro. This bag is awesome and fits everything I need - Especially for trips to the cabin on the weekend. I currently have my Nikon D-100 body with a 19-35 mm and a 70-300 mm lense in the middle, I have my minidv camcorder on one side and I have the chargers, extra batteries, and extra film and memory cards on the other side. Not to mention that I still have yet to fill the front, side, and cover pockets with stuff. This bag is bigger than it looks and I know you will not be disappointed with it. I bought mine from b & h photo for $60 which was a great deal....Now I have my camera gear with me everywhere I go!

AlanL

City: Portland

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the new Lowepro dryzone bags. They make two sizes in it. It is basically a drysuit for your camera, complete with waterproof zipper. it carries a little bit of a steep price tag, but if you're outside lots, and around water lots, this is the one to get. AND it floats.
Want2ride
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Layton, Utah

PostPosted: Jun 05, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for all the responses. garveyj, I think you talked me into the Lowepro 200. I was kinda looking at that one, but wasnt sure if it would be big enough for my mini DV camera also. But it sounds like it will work out just fine! And the price isn't bad at all.
garveyj
Addict
Addict

City: Savage, MN

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want2ride, I know you will be happy with that bag - I really like all of the Lowepro bags, but the MicroTekker 200 just fits everything that I need in a bag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Technology, Photography, and Media All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: