Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Apparently Al-queda doesn't like 80's music in Nebraska

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sofa King
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Littleton COLORADO!

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Apparently Al-queda doesn't like 80's music in Nebraska Reply with quote

Blast from past rocks downtown
by Andrew Nelson
After fire inspectors detonated a suspicious package in downtown Lincoln Thursday, they discovered it didn't contain the kind of bombs favored by al-Qaida or Hamas.

Lincoln Fire Departments's Darrell Cox gives the all is clear sign after using an explosive device to explode a suspicious package in a garbage can in front of Knickerbockers at the intersection of 9th and O Street on Thursday, June 10, 2004.
Instead, they were the kind favored by guys with mullets and others for whom the 1980s just won't die:Whitesnake, Motley Crue and The Fat Boys.

Someone was alarmed when they saw a man walk up to the green public trash can on the southeast corner of Ninth and O streets and drop a package inside, said Fire Inspector Darrell Cox.

Police sealed off the street a little after 1 p.m. Fire inspectors couldn't identify the package so it was opened "by remote means using small amounts of explosives," Cox said.

Firefighters, police and bystanders hunched down behind cars, light polesand walls. Someone shouted "Fire in the hole!" three times and the can and its contents exploded with a hollow bang.

Authorities quickly concluded the area was safe and let traffic flow again about one hour later. A few spectators walked up to the can to have a look for themselves.

Inside was the refuse of '80s music. Cassettes such as"Reckless" by Bryan Adams and "Play Deep"by the Outfield.

Investigators figured out what happened after James Barnes, a clerk at Recycled Sounds, 909 O St., took a look at the damage.

He said he was working behind the counter when a man walked into the store with a cassette case and tried to sell the tapes it contained. But most were by performers the clientele of the record store would probably turn up their noses at.

"When I opened it up, it was titles and artists we don't sell very well,"he said. Barnes suggested he sell his tapes elsewhere.

The man left and Barnes didn't think any more of it until he left to go to lunch. He saw a firefighter stringing up yellow tape between the light posts and was told to go back inside. A few minutes later another firefighter walked in and told him to evacuate the store.

After the pre-emptive detonation, Barnes looked at the wreckage of '80s music spilling out of the hole in the side of the garbage can.

"My God, it's those cassette tapes that guy tried to sell me,'" he said.

The real tragedy is someone got rid of "Play Deep" by the Outfield, no more Josie's on her vacation far away.....

"You might wanna make your move, coz mine's gonna be ugly" -Brock Samson
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That story was SofaKing good. <<--- HAHAHAHA I LOVE THAT NAME MAN!!!!

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
Rocko
Old School Freak
Old School Freak

City: Omaha

PostPosted: Jun 14, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only in Nebraska. lol.
Nick Taylor
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Anna Maria Island

PostPosted: Jun 16, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still think it was secretly al-queda... or gay ass alpacas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: