Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Chicago Boardshops?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
absolutmacking

City: Ga/Sc/Il

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Chicago Boardshops? Reply with quote

I go to school in chicago and was wondering if there were any boardshops around. The only one ive found is Winward Sports and they really dont have that much wakeboard stuff. Thanks
Ryan_m
Addict
Addict

City: glen ellyn

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

out in volvo illinois there is munson..... www.munsonski.com , id say its about a 30 minute drive from the city...... dont qoute me on the drive legnth though.
absolutmacking

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, it sucks not to have a car at school. Oh well i guess ill end up trying to convince someone to drive up there. Anyone else know of any closer?
Ryan_m
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill keep thinking of closer ones, im sure there are some... are you at UIC?
absolutmacking

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks man, nah im at DePaul in lincoln park. i used to live out by you in naperville back in the day.
Jaybird

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out Chicago Sea Ray. it's a little closer then Munson. Right on the corner of 12 and 120 in Round Lake.
Ryan_m
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahha when you say little you really mean it, chicago searay is across the street from munson....
Seahorse
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very funny, Jaybird! Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Chicago IL

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Place called the shred shop on division st. or they also have a location in skokie on oakton. They don't have a ton of selection just carry double up and liquid force stuff along with hardline accesssories. Munson ski and Chicago Sea Ray are it. Tell me about it we need a shop in the city baaaadd. The only thing that saves me is that my girlfreind lives near fox lake so it's 20 min to munson and she knows I only come by her in the summer to ride and spend money at the shop. Very Happy

If you need a pull this summer let me know I'm always looking for riders

just got a new ride too so I'll be out as much as possible

Kris
absolutmacking

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kris,

Thanks for the info. We definately need another shop here! but i havent even found that many riders from this area. What kind of boat did you get? id love to get a pull when it warms up man. im not that good at boardin yet so dont expect much Very Happy i see you are one of chicagos finest...i wonder if we've met before Very Happy ...keep in touch and we can meet up and ride. Thanks again.

-matt
SupraBoarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Atlanta GA...Fair Play SC.... and St Petersburg FL

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matty, stay away from them cops... you know she's gonne bust you the minute she sees ya just for bein a macking
Seahorse
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are SOOO many riders in this area, you just might have to bum a ride to get to them. (As Lincoln Park just isn't the most ideal boarding conditions.)

Munson and Sea Ray are both great board shops, and they each represent different lines of product. They both do a lot for the sport and the industry, not to mention they have some killer past and present employees! (Well, maybe not CSR so much...............hahaha)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SupraBoarder
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Atlanta GA...Fair Play SC.... and St Petersburg FL

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa thought Kris was a chick... my bad
absolutmacking

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahorse, i think its my lack of a car that has hampered my ability to meet other boarders in the area. i just dont know anyone that rides up here and it makes my day boring to have nobody to talk wakeboardin with, hence why i talk on here...although i did see a jeep with a hyperlite sticker on it the other day...i was about to sit and wait for the person to come back and get in it, but it was cold as...well it was cold out. but i need to start meeting people and riding up here so i can eventually land at least one trick. thanks for the info guys.

matt
absolutmacking

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn sometimes you are a moron. didnt you read 'The only thing that saves me is that my girlfreind lives..." but i guess its 2003 and some people have different tastes....yeah im done.
r3612
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Chicago IL

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt

I bought an 03 Centurion Hurricane with tons of options. Most important three tank ballast, hydrolic wake plate, 350 efi, and a bumpin system. As for meeting you, you never know. I take no offense at all to the gender mistake. Its the spelling of the first name. Wouldn't be the first time its happened. I'm no pro either Matt. I can only do three inverts 2 consistently and a handful of spins. Most of my close crew that I ride with just started out last year including the girlfreind. They just started making it wake to wake last year. My bro is between me and close buddies. He solid on his grabs, but no spins or inverts yet. I got out twice as much as he did last year though. They other peops I ride with occaisionally at powers lake with are good as hell. They've been the most help with learning new tricks. Some of the Midwest Militia guys I have the chance to get a pull from have been cool as hell too. They are a pretty laid back as we are too. Don't even worry about skill level. We are soooo laid back. We just ride to have a good time. I always look forward to getting people hooked and giving people pulls. I needed it when I started and people were very cool to me so its only right i return the favors.

Matt if you ever see a tan Chevy Avalanche with a thule rack and wake stickers and snowboard stickers up in Lincoln Park thats me. I hit Cherry Red occaissionally nad have a few friends in the area.

Kris
Brian Huels

City: Rockford, IL

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahorse. . . you left me off the list. . .

Anyways, I would throw www.b3marine.com on your list as well. From Lincoln Park you heading straight out on 90 so it makes a pretty nice drive. Assuming good traffic you can get here in a little over an hour.

We do several tournaments during the year, Freeze for Life charity ski/board event, MidWest Wake Fest, demos, lessons, etc.

As everyone has suggested though. . .Chicago Sea Ray, Munson, Lauderdale Lakes Marina (Elkhorn, WI), Shred Shop (great supporter of MidWest Wake Fest), heading towards Milwaukee you have Competition Sports. That is pretty much it. . .

What is your major at DePaul? I just finished my masters up down there last year.

Anyways if you get out to Rockford be sure to swing by and take a set with us.

Later -

Brian

www.b3marine.com
Seahorse
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jan 15, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Brian!! Sad It was an honest mistake, I promise!!

I fully endorse ALL of the area shops!! But if you are looking for the friendliest pro shop manager, DEFINITELY check out Munson! Wink ha.

(but the website is bunk right now; just call if you need somethin'! 888-488-BOAT)
absolutmacking

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info everyone, im definately looking forward to the warm weather now! Hopefully i'll get a chance to meet everyone and get some riding in. Kris- Congrats ont the new boat, that sounds bad ass, cant wait to check that out. i'll be keepin a look out for your truck too...Brian im a communications major here ( i was tired of taking accounting and math classes for a marketing degree so i switched Smile If i ever talk someone with a car into drivin me out to some of the shops ill definately check you guys out brian. thanks alot for the info guys. Later

Matt
Patrick Adams

City: Reading

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is Midwest WakeFest scheduled for this year??? Is Boot Camp going to happen again as well, if so, when?

Brian, Militia???? Let us know........
Brian Huels

City: Rockford, IL

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidWest Wake Fest is scheduled for the third weekend in July (July 29-21). We are in the process of getting sponsors, etc. Lots of stuff in the works to make the fifth annual MWWF even better.

Website will be updated by the end of this week.

www.midwestwakefest.com

Feel free to check it out now, however, plenty of pics and information about what happened last year. Any questions or suggestions just ask.

Thanks -

Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: