Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Hydroslide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulHunter

PostPosted: May 23, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Hydroslide Reply with quote

Yo guys, i'm brand new to wakeboarding, but i am an excelent skiier. I was just wondering if you guys have ever heard of a board called a hydroslide? i have a pretty low budget, and i went to oshmans and they had a hydroslide for 140, it has boot bindings with laces. Do you guys think that would be a pretty good board? The decal on the top of the board is 142, but the size is 135. i dunno if that helps or not Embarassed . Thanx in advance Wink
wtbamoomba
Addict
Addict

City: raleigh

PostPosted: May 23, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what my family started out on, its a double edged sword because
#1 if you dont like it, you wont be losing much
#2 if you do like it, its pretty much a waste because you are gonna buy a new board and bindings...

big ups to my sponsor Monster Energy Drinks!
SoulHunter

PostPosted: May 23, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you serious? Sad ahhhhh, y do you think i would get a better board and get new bindings? it looks like it has great bindings,and whats wrong with the board? im not gonna get awesome in a year, and need a brand new board to do awesome tricks Laughing im just learning how to wake board so i have something to do on my free time. im not learning to get awesome and do flips right away, i just want to learn how to get some air and power slide Very Happy . do you think i could do that on this board?
Tyler~Moore
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Knoxville

PostPosted: May 23, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulHunter, you think that now. onc e you start to get air, you'll wana get as good as you can as fast as you can...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
DJew Jake
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Toronto

PostPosted: May 23, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a decent board it pays off. period
shakenbake

PostPosted: May 23, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with a little better board. I actully just bought a hydroslide as I too am new to wakeboarding. I already regret it. I think its an alright board but it feels a little heavy. Im not sure how big you will able to go on it. Just something to think about.
boarditup
Addict
Addict

City: Allendale, MI

PostPosted: May 24, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydroslide does make budget gear. The dirty little secret is that the boards are old "pro model" or other retired designs from other companies. The 135 you are looking at was a design retired from one of the "big names" just last year that others have recommended on this forum. It is a decent board. The bindings, if you buy the Hold-um bindings are also decent. I am a dealer for Hydroslide, Blindside, and Double Up. I sell Hydroslide for those budget conscious people and for those who want to try it out without committing a bunch of money. Often when people get into the sport, they will buy a Blindside or Double Up from me and keep the Hydroslide in the boat for beginners to ride or save it for a slider board.

You are not buying a state of the art professional caliber board - but a decent board that you can learn on and decide how you ride. In a year or two, buy a better board that fits your individual style.

I rode a Hydroslide Carbon 12 at INT Nationals last year and came in 7th. Not to bad for a budget board.

If you have any questions, e-mail me at rider@boarditup.com

www.boarditup.com
www.placidwaters.com
rybassett17
Addict
Addict

City: Cadillac

PostPosted: May 24, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say go to your local shop and just demo a decent board like one of the team boards and see if you like it.... or if you have a friend who has a board try and get with them ...... I would say it would be a bad buy

Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gmarkham1
Addict
Addict

City: janesville

PostPosted: May 25, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a hydroslide last year when I decided I wanted to learn to ride but didnt want to commit a lot of money to quick. Needless to say now I have a new board and bindings and a bunch of other gear, but dont regret buying that hydroslide. I now have a boat board that I dont care who rides it, it was good to learn on, and hydroslide honors warranty claims(binding probs).

if you are on a tight budget and dont know anyone else who boards that would help you learn on one of their boards, then I would do it all over again!

but, I guarantee once you start riding, you will be addicted, and will start to see what others are saying about different boards, but you cant exactly demo anything until you know how to get up and ride a bit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: