Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

A couple of trick questions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: May 14, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: A couple of trick questions. Reply with quote

I can kickflip, backside shove it, nollie shove it, and variel flip.

I've never been able to heel flip, and I was wondering how to do them. Do you actually flip it w/ ur heel? I've heard from some people that u do and some people said u don't.

Next question is about 360 shove it. Does this just take a lot of practice or what? I've gotten a tiny bit past 270 but that's it.

This one is about 360 flip. It's pretty much the same situation as the 360 shove it.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wakeboarder_360
Addict
Addict

City: cambridge, ontario

PostPosted: May 14, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heel flip is exactly like the kickflip except your heel slides off the corner instead.

As far as the 360 suv-it, try a fakie big spin they make the rotation easier and will get you used to it.(360shuv-it and body variel in the same direction) once you have that, the 360 shuv-it will come to you easier.

Where are you at with the 3 flip? are you only short on the shuvit or the kickflip too? Also some people find fakie 3 flips easier to get the rotation.
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 14, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakeboarder_360, I'm short on the shuvit. I'll try it fakie. I should obviously get the 3 shuvit first, but i just like trying both.
Thanks.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wakeboarder_360
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 14, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

360 shuvit is not really needed. I can 3 flip every time but can't 360 shuv-it as solid.
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 14, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went out and tried some just ollieng, and I can get 360 shuvits around now, but they do a half flip most times too. I got a couple and landed just w/ my front foot on the nose. I'll have to work on getting my backfoot back on. I tried some 360 flips and I think I'm just gonna wait a while on those till I have my variel flips more solid. I still can't heelflip worth shiznit. What's happening is when I try it my foot doesn't really put pressure on the board to flip it and I end up almost racking my self every time. Anywho, thanks for all the help. I think I'm to the point now where I just need to practice practice practice.

wakeboardertj wrote:
wakeboarder_360
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 14, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your almost racking yourself then you probably went straight to getting your heel off the deck instead of sliding your foot up then giving it a flick with your heel.
This comes with practice like you said, so good luck.
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: May 15, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't concentrate on the ollie, I find that if I try to ollie I will lose control over it, the tail may scrape giving the board pop but thats it, you need to watch the board and stomp it.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 15, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I woke up this morning, read your posts, and went out in my driveway w/ my board. I got a nice shinner so I couldn't skate much longer. Didn't try any 360 shuvits, I concentrated on heelflips and adapting to the way I do kickflips. I can get them around, but that's only if I let it flip between my legs, but then I land before the board does. It's one of those akward things like when you first try kickflips. Thanks for all the help.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 15, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Hoo!!! Just landed my first heel flip! Thanks a bunch for all your guys' help. Anyone who's having trouble w/ these but can alrealy kickflip: really take apart your kickflip. Break it down and then adapt all of your technique to the heelflip.

Good luck anyone who's having trouble, and thanks again for all the help.

wakeboardertj wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: