Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

what do i need to start??? Help a beginner!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
turbo_futura

PostPosted: Apr 15, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: what do i need to start??? Help a beginner!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi everyone, this is a cool site! I am a complete novice and i want to give wakeboarding a go coz it looks heaps kool. I dont nkow what i need can some one help me and tell me the minimum i need to give it a go? I have a small boat and i dont know if it will be good enough can you guys let me know? It is a stessl edgetracker aluminium 3,5 metre with a 15HP mercury on it. What do you think?? is it possible?? if not what would be the minimum or the next best way to get into wakeboarding?

Thanx, Tim.
BurkeViper
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Fresno

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbo_futura, when there is a will there is a way.

You need (not in particular order):
-Wakeboard
-Bindings
-Rope
-Handle
-Friends with a better boat

Anyways man, u can try behind that thing but it won't be the best, look on this site in the "Find a Pull" section, good luck Cool
finkle
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurkeViper, put it well. I honestly don't think 15 hp is enough to pull you up...especially if you don't know what you're doing. I would suggest to look around your area and ask people if they'll give you a pull, and spot 'em like $5 for each set they pull you. But people will be more apt to pull you if you have your own gear as opposed to asking for a pull and to use their gear.
kerriokie
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Cincinnati

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for a new rider I would suggest checking out ebay or closeoutdude.com. Ebay has some good used gear and closeoutdude.com has some killa prices on new LF stuff.

But for the time being, I must agree with kswiss, and BurkeViper, find a different ride.
Rockitboy516
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: fT.WaYne

PostPosted: May 01, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you dont need one of those 100 $ ropes right away just any rope will work for now

Push ups and duct tape fix everything
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
luonthesnake
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 02, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same situation as turbo.I've never tried wakeboarding and want to learn.My first season of snowboarding is now over and I thought wakeboarding would be something fun to try during the summer.Like snowboarding, I didn't give it much thought about what kind of board to get...today I just bought me a set-up.Its 142(I think)....came with laced bindings but the top part around the shin is a velcro strap.We just got a boat about a month ago but it is an older one (76').Its got a 85 hp motor so I think that should work good enough.Oh....it also came with these two fins that go in the front and back in the middle.I have a good life jacket and rope.Is there something else I might need? Maybe goggles...some kind of hand gloves...anything?If ya think I have the setup to start then I can check out later what tips I need....thanks, I hope this will be just as fun as snowboarding Smile
WakeBoarder44
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: May 03, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look in the Trick Tips section of this site and find a pull with experienced guys(if that is the correct word?)
it will be fun!!

Cool

* Hesitation leads to pain!
colefooter
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Fairborn, OH.

PostPosted: May 11, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just find a buddy to give ya a ride, it is a lot easier to learn how to wakeboard on better boats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: