Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Whats the Difference???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
powder19

City: Redmond

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Whats the Difference??? Reply with quote

Hey I'm new to this forum, but not extremely new to wakeboarding, been doing it for 4 years now, but I wasn't sure where else to post this, over the last 4 years I've only been able to go out on Lake Sammamish just a couple times each summer...with the same board, which is very old, until last summer when my friend bought a boat and I really got into it, right now I'm workin on inverted tricks, anyways, I'm lookin into a new board, I rode the CWB prodigy with zeus bindings and really liked it, I dont wanna spend that kind of cash, I just want to know if there are really that many differences between something like the CWB Prodigy or Absolute and something a little lower in their line like the CWB Pure or Flame, they weight almost the same and seem to have the same features...can anyone help me out? Thanks Also anyone that rides a TFD let me know how that rides cuz i'm interested in that also
DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Apr 30, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shure theres a huge diffrence inbetween the lower and higher models. even if two boards are exactly the same (rocker, legnth, weight (doesnt matter anyways)) The primary thing that will decide a boards charistics are the acctual shape of the board. If I were you, I would look for a used Prodigy or Absolute, maybe on Ebay? or save up and buy the board that you like the best. Its prefrence of course, but i wouldnt compramise on a lower end board (shure they do fine) and then have to replace it a few years down the line... if your looking for a good shape maybe try finding a LF Trip to try and demo, you can buy one out of overtons for like 456 i think with LF Alpha bindings... A very good deal if you ask me...
Rockitboy516
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: fT.WaYne

PostPosted: May 01, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats wrong with the one you got now Sad

Push ups and duct tape fix everything
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WaffleJam2250
Criminal
Criminal

City: Green Bay

PostPosted: May 01, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded my board to the cwb inferno last year, i dont know how it compares to the prodigy but i love it, its the exact same as this years cwb pure. You can get it with the torq bindings as a combo for $400 from barts or overtons. The torqs seem like really good bindings and i am going to order them in about a week.(Just wish i would have ordered them with my board and saved $100!)
powder19

City: Redmond

PostPosted: May 02, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
whats wrong with the one you got now ?

Well the board I now I bought at least 4 years ago, maybe more and I live about 5 minutes from the hyperlite factory and managed to get one of their misprints, its a good board just for relaxed riding, but I need something more advanced that can help improve my riding, the wakeboard I have is completely different than what is out today and its a very heavy board with poor control, its just time to move up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: