Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Snowboarding, or Wakeboardin...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you had to choose over wakeboarding, or snowboarding, what would you do?
Wakeboarding
66%
 66%  [ 59 ]
Snowboarding
33%
 33%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 89

hyperlite911
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like snowboarding cuz u can make your own trails and chill out on the mountain
snwboarder
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Lake Jordan, AL

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is such a messed up poll i mean 2 make me choose between two sports that i absolutely LOVE!!! but i do have to say that if i had to pick id pick snowboarding because i love the cold and im better at it Smile
Brian B.
Addict
Addict

City: Dawson, Minnesota

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive only gotten injured snowboarding. and just sacked myself many times wakeboarding.

i did a bs indy 180 off a small kicker landed and caught and edge and tore my ac joint outta place. that fukin hurt, i could hardly move my arm for a couple days

I like both, in the summer i like wakeboarding and winter its snowboarding
lil shredder

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNOWBOARDING ALL THE WAY! wakeboarding is tight and all, but theres only so much you can do.
CAPiTARyDa
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: PORTLAND

PostPosted: Aug 08, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snow fa sho
Ride On

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNOWBOARDING!! Don't get me wrong I love Wakeboarding to me its the next best thing! But Fresh Powder days is the closet thing to heaven to me! Plus you can bigger in snowboarding
Ride On

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... I meant go bigger.....Ride on
up_and_coming

City: K-wick Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sometimes think its a tough call but i find myself anticipating the snowboard season and dreading the warm weather so i think that basically proves my decision... so i'd say snowboarding for many reasons ...

snowboarding is more of an indepenent sport..i usually just pop in some good tunes and sess the park by myself..where as not a lot of people wakeboard around here so its difficult to find people to go with and gettin a day without 2-3 footers is difficult on my lake..but one decent thing about wakeboarding that stands out for me is that there is no pressure just chillin with your friends and stoked on eachothers riding..in snowboarding it always seems people are expecting you to prove something to them..

and its true snowboarding bails are gnarly especially in ontario where you dont ride on snow only ice..yet my once a year trip out to bc and gettin freshies makes me certain that i would rather bust out on the slopes than on the lake

oh and i'd have to agree with oly ..you'll always see those bikinis in the hottubs .. gives all you boys something to look forward too
Rake
Criminal
Criminal

City: Redwood City

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowboarding is about personal freedom. Your line down the mountain, your path, trees or not? Huck the rocks or not? rip the groomers or ride off piste? It's more a solo sport, you can go woth a group and meet at the top or bottom, but you're all alone on your run. Wakeboarding is a social event, you and your crew hootin' and carrying on. Yeah the weather and bikini's rule, I'm just glad to have both. After 40-50 days of snowboarding I'm ready to grab the handle and get some color back. I think they compliment each other well. I just wish I could buy a season pass for wakeboarding instead of having to buy the whole freaking resort (boat).
BradGMidwest

City: Prior Lake MN-Orlando FL

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS THE MOST UNANSWERABLE QUESTION EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. PLEASE DO EVERYONE A FAVOR AND NEVER ASK THAT QUESTION AGAIN......SEE...NOW YOU GOT ME UPSET Crazy Eyes
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Austin

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rake nailed it. I love the freedom of snowboarding. It's all up to you and the mountain...were you go, how fast, how slow. But wakeboarding, it's you depending on the driver and boat for your run. Nothing beats getting off a lift at the top of a mountain on a clear day! The views..I love the views. And you cant beat a hot chocolate/butterfinger combo at the end of the day!!!

But, I do love wakeboarding. I live 1 minute fromt he water, and about 15 hours from the nearest mountain, so figure out which one I do more Rolling Eyes

Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buergday wrote:
I hate how they change the word "s**t" to "shizzle".
Shizzle is such a lame word. Even @#%$* would a better replacement than "shizzle".

omg, im such a moron. I thought that most everyone on this board just spoke that way. I mean, it was really annoying just how many people used "shizzle".
dizzyj
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Austin, Tx

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways, This was my first full summer wakeboarding. I've been snowboarding for 8 years or so (skiing before that), but since I live in texas, I only get to go once a year.

When I bought my boat, I figured the wakeboarding would tide me over between snowboarding trips, but I'm really really liking it. I like that I can spend the day with people from every skill level. I like that there is a perfect jump that continuously follows you (I cant think of another sport that has that), and I like the weather.

I guess im 50/50 right now, but my wakeboarding skills have passed my snowboarding skills, so it may be pulling ahead.

All I know is this is the first end of summer I've dreaded. Usually I start getting stoked for my one week of snowboarding, but this year I see my ability to board 2-3 days a week coming to an end Sad
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dizzyj, you kiddin man, this is when its the best to wakeboard. Not single wally on the lake, and butta as far as the eye can see. Go get you a 3 mm wetsuit (I have a 3mm, with 2mm at all the joints for flexablity. It was designed for surfing in winter). Call me up to ride with ya and I will even let ya wear it. I let my friends wear it.

Hear is a pic of one of my friends wearing it. It was taken at the end of Jan. beginning of Feb. sometime.

DSCN1509.JPG

Description:
Cold day.
 Filesize:  59.18 KB
 Viewed:  11973 Time(s)

Addict
Addict

City: CA - Bay Area

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go with snowboarding call me selfish but when your on the mountain it's all about me. I'm free to go in what ever direction I want. I to have 3 1/2 hour drive to get to the mountain but that drive seems to get me fired up. Going through Sac sucks but once you hit Auburn and start up the foot hills. I get a feeling that is unmatched by anything else. There's a song I put on everytime I hit the snow line it's called Mountains Win Again by the Blues Travelers. I love that freedom of standing at the top of the mountain soaking in the beauty that mother nature has created. Then you snap in and just flow down the mountain at break neck speeds and all you can hear is the sound of snow crackling under your board and wind wistling by your ears. Then you get to go up and do it all over again all day long. God I can't wait till winter. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Dpierce37
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, I just got goosebumps! Mr. Green
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: South Lyon

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like whichever one is in season, winter = snowboarding, other times = wakeboarding
RUSSIAN
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NOR*CAL

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1759rider, nice!!!! I love it when your driving up 50 or 80 and you get to where everything is huge and covered in snow Very Happy
of course I love winter wakeboarding also, that's when all the "real" folks are the only ones out on the water

K-dub wrote:
DRAGON88, everyone shall now call you Tinkerbu'....
T&T
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Denver

PostPosted: Oct 17, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rake wrote:
Snowboarding ....It's more a solo sport,

I couldn't disagree more. Snowboarding is very much a social sport. You ever go to the air park? Everyone waits for your turn to throw a sick move. You bail, you suck! You wreck, everyone is there to help. How about the 30' cornice. Your buddies cheer you on to push yourself past your threshold.
If you think it is only a solo sport, you are only seeing half the sport.

numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T&T, I cuncur (even though i don't know how to spell it). Everytime I go snowboarding, I go with 3 or 4 friends, and we hang the whole time. The mountain we go to is small and doesn't have a park, but up here the snow conditions are always perfect it seems like. We build a few kickers, and encourage each other to go balls to the wall and throw something crazy.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gvw686
Addict
Addict

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2003 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowboarding, i have gone wakeskating a lot and havent gone snowboarding in a long time so itd be fun to get out on the snow, party all weekend and try not to die
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wkbrdr127

City: Philly

PostPosted: Oct 23, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love wakeboarding so much, nothing compares to being out there riding on nothing but butter, but only one of my friends wakeboards so i have noone to push me and its soo choppy all the time n the rainy weather this summer really got me bummed about wakeboarding. moving to a diff marina next year n theres 2 awesome riding spots within 15 min, so hopefully that will change. on the other hand our school skii trips are a blast, its great riding with 5 or 10 friends all night and not having to drive home. i can push myself till im beat and just sleep on the bus ride home, plus theres soo many more peeps that are better than me to push me so i dont feel like ive reached a plateau. right now i vote snowboarding, but i guarantee you by march ill be dying for summer to come to be wakeboarding
J_DOGG
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New Hampshire

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAKEBOARDING, period.... and I've been snowboarding for a long time.....

You can't really even compare the two....

Aubs wrote:
J Dogg - I thought of you last night.

"Everyone wants a bite, it don't happen over night"!
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: Oct 29, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey does any one know how to spell concurr? <is that it?

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
89comp
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Austin, TX! thank GOD!

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been wakeboarding for 10+ yrs, snowboarding for 3. I live in Colorado so I guess I'm supposed to be jazzed about snowboarding, but living here has turned me away from it.

I can't justify $270+ for a season pass to drive 2 hrs in the snow (can be dangerous, and the road can close, plus you have all the other idiot drivers up there to deal with), to stand in line for sometimes 4 hrs + (was that bad at vail last year at one point), to freeze your a$$ off on the lift, to get to the top to be blown off the mountain, to board down and potentially get hit, to get to the bottom and go, "wow, what a line to wait in!". After all that, it takes you 4 hours to get back home b/c you have to fight traffic. Above all the rest, the girls are hidden beneath their parkas. If your girl is ugly, that's ok, but most females aren't so they should show it off.

3 yrs ago was my first year ever on a mountain and I didn't buy a season pass this year b/c I'm over it. What did I do with the cash? Saved it for boat upgrades next year, and a new bikini for my girl. Mr. Green

See you on the water. you can have my spot on the ski slope. Cool

Winter is quite possibly the worst invention ever.

Bro Boat = Sausage Fest on water.
Inggy
Addict
Addict

City: Vancouver, Washington

PostPosted: Nov 16, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which ever season it is classefies my favorite
THEN we get the chicks!
-Coop Cooper

www.numbskullpro.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
T&T
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Denver

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

89comp wrote:
i've been wakeboarding for 10+ yrs, snowboarding for 3. I live in Colorado so I guess I'm supposed to be jazzed about snowboarding, but living here has turned me away from it.
See you on the water. you can have my spot on the ski slope. Cool

Man, I have felt your pain. However, it is the same with boating. Lots of jerks, nobody can drive their boat, waves like the ocean, Ramp Rage, people getting killed, Fat broads flashing skin... In Colorado it SUCKS unless you own your pond.

The way I have avoided the boating issue is I drive to Wyoming for boating (no crowd...etc.).

The way to avoid the garbage when Snowboarding is rent a condo. 10 people with a 1300/month lease = 130 per month per person. Good deal for an easy friday night drive, no traffic, no early rise, and you either leave early on Sunday (before 2pm) or Monday morning. As for the crowds, get the 5 mountain pass, go early morning and late night because the crowds are from 10am to 3pm. Problem solved. As for the chicks, get them in on the condo, and you see the half naked ones in the hottub after boarding.

Even with buying all new snowboarding gear, the pass, and the condo, it is still way cheaper than boating (unless you don't own your boat).

Can't beat the Boardin!

Ols School

City: Calgary Canada

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Canada and can do both (not in the same season...winter water too hard!). Everything else equal I perfer snowboarding because I can go where I want and the terrain changes all the time. changing terrain for wakeboarding is usually not good. presonally I prefer wakeboarding weather though LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: