Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Snowboarding, or Wakeboardin...?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you had to choose over wakeboarding, or snowboarding, what would you do?
Wakeboarding
66%
 66%  [ 59 ]
Snowboarding
33%
 33%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 89

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Snowboarding, or Wakeboardin...? Reply with quote

If you had to choose one what would you choose, i live in FLoirda and only have snowboarded once, just wondering what everyone prefers (and testing the poll, cuz i never did it)
moblsv
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've Snowboarded since the 80's and am fairly new to Wakeboarding but I could go Wakeboarding everyday. Snowboarding loses a lot of it's appeal to me because I am spoiled and want perfect conditions to even go and the lift ticket prices are way out of line anymore. Besides, at my age missing the landing on snow hurts more than it used to.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, the one time i did go snowboarding, it hurt, but becasue of my wakeboarding experience, i didnt fall sa much, but i stil lfell alot, and it hurts more------- is that your dog in your profile and avatar? there cute Very Happy
moblsv
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, the Labradors name is Nikolas and the Black dog is Bomber.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, there adorable, i have a little maltese
WakeBoardingManiac
Addict
Addict

City: Montréal

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only wanna say that this topci has ben said a million times and that I'm just gouin to say what I already said again...

What do you prefer? Freezing weather, hard landings and chicks in ski-doo suits or Hot weather, easy landings and chicks in bikini?

Easy to pick isnt it? Cool

(And by easy landings, I mean that they hurt less when you bail)

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it has been done before? ooops sry, didnt no
moblsv
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a good subject but the results will obviously be skewed since, afterall, this <I>IS</I> a wakeboarding site
Spacetoaster
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i would actually prefer snowboarding, because i just have mroe fun when snowboarding, i dont know why
Asche zu Asche und Staub zu Staub
orzech
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Honeoye

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakeboarding...... ne day warm weather, half naked women,( not always Rolling Eyes ) um, no chair lifts, no icy, softer landings... i could go on forever

wakeboarding ne day

orzech
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Honeoye

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wakeboarding...... ne day warm weather, half naked women(sometimes more Rolling Eyes) um, no chair lifts, no icy, softer landings... i could go on forever

wakeboarding ne day

BillJ
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: San Diego

PostPosted: Feb 24, 2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're so different it's hard to pick one or the other. I like snowboarding because I go all day and I can do a ton of runs. The scenery is amazing when you're standing on the top of a snow covered mountain.

But then chillin with my friends on the boat all day is a blast too. Wakeboarding for me is about pushing myself and learning new tricks. Snowboarding is about just having fun and blasting down the mountain.

And I think I've had much harder falls on a wakeboard than a snowboard!
WRRide
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: West Chester/Philadelphia PA and Ont. CA

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the season b/c whatever is in season seems like the best sport ever. Wakeboarding seems to have much nicer people though. Angry park groms, and the cold ass crew always clog everything up.
Jay Dutton
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Park City, UT

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each has it's pros and cons. This is my 16th season snowboarding and 6th year w/a season pass, I've logged many of days on the hill. This year I've been kinda burnt out and the season has been absolutely horrible here, so I haven't ridden as much as I normally would. I'm definatly WAY better of a snowboarder than wakeboarder. I've only been wakeboarding three seasons now and I'm stoked to be learing new tricks and seeing myself progress rapidly, w/snowboarding I've kind of hit a plateau. I certainly have the ability to learn more tricks, but I don't have the desire to hurt myself anymore now that I'm getting old.

I'd say the biggest con on wakeboarding is the coin needed, especially if you own a boat. It's also more convenient for my to go snowboarding, all I do is put my stuff on at home, throw my board on top of my Jeep and go. You don't need to find people, fill up, hook the boat up, etc. I can just go.

The thing I like most about wakeboarding is chilling w/my friends, having chicks w/bikinis on my boat, and I really like driving the boat almost as much as riding.

Living out in UT I can get the best of both worlds, which is cool. The only thing that sucks is the water is always cold here.
Weirdophobia
Criminal
Criminal

City: Hangö, Finland

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like them both almost equally but I've got a 5 hour drive to be able to snowboard and 10 min walk to wakeboard. So I will say wakeboard but if I lived closer to the mountains probably snowboard
determination
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: North Eastern

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know water doesnt feel the greatest its all pretty hard if you come down wrong..... you dont have to worry so much about running into trees on a wakeboard... but when you fall on a snowboard you jsut get back up with a wakeboard the boat has to come back around get the rope to you and then blah blah blah but wakeboarding it def soo much better
and hot ladies half naked are ALWAYS A plus in my book
buckthis
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jay, how about that surfing? it will never replace wakeboarding for me, but i sure would like to try it. i also saw them wakeboarding into the surf on tv, that was kinda cool.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Apr 11, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, surfin in the wake is a new thing, they even have boards for it now, i have tried it once, its fun
wakechick9

City: La Crescenta, CA

PostPosted: Apr 25, 2003 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to like wakeboarding way more than snowboarding, but this past season I really got into snowboarding and it became my new love. The feeling you get when I snowboarding is much better even though the falls do hurt more, so I would have to say that I enjoyu snowboarding way more.
Buergday

PostPosted: May 02, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto Jay.
I've been snowboarding for 11 years - wakeboarding for 2. I love both sports, but to me snowboarding is almost like a religion. The thing about snowboarding that's unique is that it's both soothing and intense at the same time. I love the serenity of the mountain and the total silence, except for the crunching of the snow beneath your board. What other sport is there that you can be all alone at the top of a beautiful snow-covered mountain taking in the scenery one minute, and then ripping it up the next? There's so much rhythm involved - your really do become one with the mountain. To me it's like a hardcore meditation. stuff can be hitting the fan at home or at work, but once I'm on the mountain all my stress disapears. It's just you, your board and the mountain - and a bunch of rails and tabletops and stuff. And you're not stuck on a rope behind a boat!
Wakeboarding is definately more of a social sport. It's a great chance to show off to friends and push eachother to go higher and pull off crazier stuff. I just bought my boat a few years ago and have been totally enjoying wakeboarding with my friends, but I always see it as off-season training for snowboarding. Wakeboarding is a great way to lock down spinning tricks too. For me it's much easier to land spins on a snowboard than a wakeboard, but when you screw up on a snowboard it hurts way more, so pushing myself on the wakeboard makes spinning tricks that much easier when I take it to the slopes.
That's just my 2 cents. Sorry I blabbed for so long. Embarassed
Buergday

PostPosted: May 02, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate how they change the word "s**t" to "shizzle".
Shizzle is such a lame word. Even @#%$* would a better replacement than "shizzle".
RUSSIAN
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: NOR*CAL

PostPosted: May 02, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. the delta is 20 minutes from my house, and the sierra's are 3 and 1/2 hours
2. at 50 to 60 bucks a pop for lift tickets, it's still cheaper for me and my girl to go wakeboarding(that includes the boat payment)
3. the delta is getting more crowded every year but, driving almost 4 hours to stand in line is a bummer Mad

dont get me wrong, I love snowboarding, but it's not cheap anymore and requires alot more down time(getting there, setting up, buying tickets, waiting in line...over and over again)

K-dub wrote:
DRAGON88, everyone shall now call you Tinkerbu'....
derrick lenz
Addict
Addict

City: san antonio/ college station

PostPosted: May 06, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i had to chose i think i'd go with snowboarding right now. there's just something about being in nature and not relying on anything to pull you. also i just prefer the feeling of snowboarding over wakeboarding. a couple years back i was lucky enough to have a good foot of fresh powder all to my slef for a couple runs and i can say nothing beats that feeling. also i can ride the mountain all day but with wakeboarding after 3 sets i'm finished.
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: May 21, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey boarder maniac, that's true, but it's nice to go powder carving and junk. Plus where i live it's always raining in the summer and the lake we live on (Flathead) is always choppy since it's so big. I love both, but if I had to pick, i would go with snow. Very Happy

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JerZeyGrlWakr1080
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Jersey

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant chose, caus being closer to the north, its one season at a time, snowboarding has its benifits in the winter, caus the water is way to cold, but wakeboarding has its benifits in the summer caus it warm, and the snow is basically melting by this point. its hard to decide, there both great, i would say a tie. it all depnds on what season, i know im more intp wakeboarding in the summer, and snowboarding in the winter.

it was fun trying snowboarding in our bathing suits that one time.....

DISMANTLE ALL
BOUNDARIES.
Reclaim the waterways.
BE FREE!

***CBD***
Grouch
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: The OC

PostPosted: Jun 11, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowboarding for shizzle my bizzle! Laughing

J.L.A. is Snowboarding
Inggy
Addict
Addict

City: Vancouver, Washington

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowboarding is pimp, but its cold when you go! WHen you are wakeboarding, its hot, sunny, and you can get girls in bikinis. What is hot about a girl in 20lbs worth of snowboard gear?? Its about the bikinis
THEN we get the chicks!
-Coop Cooper

www.numbskullpro.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Inggy
Addict
Addict

City: Vancouver, Washington

PostPosted: Jul 16, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowboarding is pimp, but its cold when you go! WHen you are wakeboarding, its hot, sunny, and you can get girls in bikinis. What is hot about a girl in 20lbs worth of snowboard gear?? Its about the bikinis
THEN we get the chicks!
-Coop Cooper

www.numbskullpro.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grouch
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ita about having fun!!! Very Happy

J.L.A. is Snowboarding
JerZeyGrlWakr1080
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inggy, well if its about that, im snowboarding then, lol.

HEY GROUCH!

i know im corny but i havnt been on in awhile so i figured i say hi. Very Happy

DISMANTLE ALL
BOUNDARIES.
Reclaim the waterways.
BE FREE!

***CBD***
Grouch
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerZeyGrlWakr1080,

Hello right back. Smile How have you been?

Have you been busy with your duties being president of the almighty CBD. Laughing Wink

J.L.A. is Snowboarding
JerZeyGrlWakr1080
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 17, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really, ive been workin so damn much i dont know whats goin on anymore, finally got some free time, gettin up with the crew here and stuff. lifes a bitch, what can i say, lol, sry to here u gettin busted by them cops dude.
DISMANTLE ALL
BOUNDARIES.
Reclaim the waterways.
BE FREE!

***CBD***
nitrowake

City: Kamas, UT

PostPosted: Jul 20, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sry boys i gotta go with snowboarding maybe because im better at it, but i think it is more of a rush, i like the pain
Mad

Oly
Criminal
Criminal

City: Chicago

PostPosted: Jul 22, 2003 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough call, but I would have to say Snowboarding is just a little funner.

Powder, Rails, Jumps, the pipe, 10,000 feet on the side of a mountain, not having to worry about passing the handle and carving your own line.

Warm weather, chillin on the boat, hopefully bikinis, floating on butter, wake to wake jumps.

I feel that snowboarding has more variables and more terrain to ride. Lift tickets prices are ridiculous, but so are boat prices. Thank god I have buddies with boats! Snowboarding and Wakeboarding are both great, just different seasons.

PS - Don't think that just because you are not seeing bikinis on the mountain, you won't see them later in the hot tub!
Boarder

PostPosted: Jul 25, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont do snowboardin as much so it seems special
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: