Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

S-Bend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wake_Turner
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: kelowna

PostPosted: Mar 29, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: S-Bend Reply with quote

This is probably the gnarliest trick ever. I have been giving some serious thought to trying one, i am always up for a good crash or two and basically i ride kamikazee balls to the wall so im not really scared of it but was wondering if anyone can do them and may have any little pointers that could help out with learning them??.....
Elevation
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Clarendon Hills

PostPosted: Mar 29, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha good like on that one. S bends are insane, a real cool trick. get some pics of you trying one and lets see it.

City: palmanova

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wake turner.. a friend of mine can land them.. his way of doing them is just to hit the wake as if it was a massive raley (meaning, go pretty damn high) and once off the wake spin your body towards the direction in which you are traveling. what i mean is, if you are goofy, you want your left shoulder to come round the front, andd your right to go backwards, so that in the first 1/4 of the spin, your body is facing the direction in which you are going, and not the wake you just left. Embarassed Embarassed (hope im clear enough) then once you are completly facing the sky (the scary moment may i add) you want to give another good spin wit your head, at the same as you pull your arms to your chest (this helps the rotation) and then quickly search the landing and bring your legs down like in a normal raley. my buddie did this the first time by over rotating a trial of "180 off axis" (if it exists). Fu%k.. you see why i never post help threads?? iń d rewrite the bible! good luck, and ummm, please dont go for it on my advice.. Mr. Green Mr. Green

hang loose
Cheb75
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's how I do them (see my link).

assuming you ride regular..like me.

http://www.invert2revert.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Learn a good basic raley first.
Come in like a normal raley and when you hit the wake, stand tall and start the raley. As your starting the raley and standing tall tuck your chin on your right shoulder/armpit and dip your left shoulder a little as your doing your raley. KEEP YOUR CHIN TUCKED ON YOUR RIGHT SHOULDER ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE TRICK, until you see the water again. dont look up during the trick or your lose your rotation. When you come around and see the water bring it down like a normal raley.

Stay in control. Think about what your doing and going to do. Dont hesitate, follow through, commit to doing the S-Bend when you leave the wake. Learn the basics first and be Super comfortable doing a normal raley right. Nice and floaty.

Wake_Turner
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: kelowna

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey man thanks a lot for the pointers, just a few questions just wondering how many tries it took u to land it...
Cheb75
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

about 10
Fauker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheb75, I'm not trying to be an ass, but I wouldn't claim that as an S-bend. That doesn't even look like a fess-bend, it looks like a big two-handed tantrum. I've never tried S-bends but it looks like you need to let the board get out behind you more, it looks more like an invert than a raley-based trick.

.02$

Cheb75
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to be an ass either but, you do know thats not a video right? it may not show the trick ALL the way through because its missing some frames.

Here's a video link maybe this will help you get a better idea of how its done too.

http://www.invert2revert.com/photopost/data/508/6Matt_S-Bend_tournment.mpeg

Cheb75
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 01, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pix

Copy of Matt S-bend.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  51.57 KB
 Viewed:  8514 Time(s)

MattSbend.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  28.8 KB
 Viewed:  8514 Time(s)

brentgd86
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Marcos

PostPosted: Apr 02, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tried an sbend twice. i came pretty close the second time but the falls are brutal. (such an awkward trick but bad ass looking) Cheb75 of your ten tries were they all in one day or did it take a couple. In my opinion, it takes a lot more than just a solid raley before anyone should try an s bend. I know several extremely good riders who have never tried them, and there is a good reason for that.
Cheb75
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 02, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took some really bad falls. I got knocked out twice. Which is really pretty scary to wake up just floating in the water. And got the breath knock out of me several times which isnt to fun either. Especially when your in the water trying to gasp for air and cant breath for a quick second.

My 10 trys where spread out probably over a 2 month period. Sometimes I'd try it 2-3 times when I'd go out and other times just once or not at all. Just depended on a lot of things to really get up the nerve to attempting it. It was always one of my favorite tricks to see in person, now its just a crowd pleaser.

Still fun to do everynow and then.

a nice floaty raley is were it all STARTS. Thats not all you have to be able to do to be ready to try these. Obviously having some solid fundenmentals helps to.

brentgd86
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Marcos

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a raley is the start for the trick yes, what i meant is i do not think anyone should start trying them until they have learned a lot more than just a raley. i do not consider a raley a hard trick at all. i have a friend who can't clear the wake consistently, but can land a raley and a backroll almost every time. i think anyone who thinks about trying an sbend should wait until they can do a WHOLE lot more than just the basic inverts and spins.
Cheb75
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 04, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.

I think you could say that for alot of tricks in wakeboarding.

Puppy Eyes

hyperlife18

City: Salt Lake City

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I took some really bad falls. I got knocked out twice. Which is really pretty scary to wake up just floating in the water. And got the breath knock out of me several times which isnt to fun either. Especially when your in the water trying to gasp for air and cant breath for a quick second.

Cheb75,
I just bought an o'neal vest, i think it was the vapor, but it is not "coast guard approved", i havebn't used it yet , but i am worried that i will die if i become unconscious Shocked , does it really make that much difference? do you ride with an approved vest?
johnaulick
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Marble Falls/College Station

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the non uscga vests dont float as well as the uscga vests.. i ride with the jetpilot a10 attack though.. if your worried.. i would use a vest that will float just in case until you get the trick down
Cheb75
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Johnaulick on this one.

Also, study the trick VERY well before you attempt it. ...watch videos.... talk to someone who can do one, and maybe even see it done in person first. The falls are bad and dangerous in many cases. I've scared alot of my friends in the boat while learning these. So do all you can to prepare and make it as safe as possible by wearing a good life jacket. I think doing all these things I mentiond helps you to be more successful in learning the trick in the end.

johnaulick
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 08, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, (i dont know if anyone has mentioned this in this forum) using a wakeskate really helps. it did me. the falls arent as bad as with a board strapped to your feet so the bails wont hurt so much. also it gives you a good idea of how to do it and when you are ready to go for it with a wakeboard
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit off topic but does anyone have a video of a double s-bend? Or even a double s-bend to blind?
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to wakepics.com and you can find some there
Cheb75
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

behind the boat or cable?

I'd like to see a double S-bend to blind behind a boat.

Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Apr 10, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anywhere. Ill check out wakepics now.
Addict
Addict

City: North Of Houston

PostPosted: Apr 16, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to lick your armpit through the rotation. It helps to keep your head tucked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kyle

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that trick scares me so much, i dont think i will ever try one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: