Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

help me!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kickmyflip

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: help me! Reply with quote

ok for some odd reason i have the biggest problem with overflipping my kickflips. Its gotten to the point that i cant even land one anymore without killing my ankles primo or the board has flipped on and a half and i land on it upside down. Also, for some reason its really hard for me to actually make the tail hit the ground when i start my kickflips, but this isnt the entire problem. Im not even flicking my foot out hard either. It sucks
Maestro
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Markham

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to really focus on the ollie motion before flicking your foot out. Also, you might be flicking too much off the side of the board, and not enough up and out. When my kickflips are down really nice I snap the tail, start my foot going straight up like an ollie, then snapping my ankle out right off the point on teh board where the kick in the nose meets the concave of the board. So the front foot snaps off with the toes (I then keep it in the same spot - don't catch it with the front foot) - watch for the grip to come back around and stop the flip of the board with your rear foot, then bring the front foot back on top of the board.

NOTE: this is how I do my kickflips - it works best for me - but not everyone catches with the back foot - so some people will disagree with me. Just practise, and try to find out what works best for you.

Good luck!
twitch88
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: up the hill, ca

PostPosted: Mar 25, 2004 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

something that helps me to slow down my kickflips is to move my front foot more towards the toe side of the board. if my heel is hanging off too far it will flip too fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: