Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

couple questions...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
novice04

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: couple questions... Reply with quote

I was just wondering how important a tower is and if it makes that much difference? same thing with bindings...do $200 bindings help your riding that much more than a pair of $50??
03Belmont
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think towers help but they are not a nesety... here is the order i would get stuff

1. Buy a wakeboard with binedings... make sure u demo the board 1st and they binedings are supportive....

2. buy a non - strectch rope

3. Buy a fat sac

....................... and so on

i have some some good "$250" binedings that have been used about 5 times that I will sell for $100 + shipping

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=19533&sid=bd40189c76b7909aded8a88fc0f9c99f
wesgardner
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Severna Park

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey novice04,

The tower discussion has been hashed and re-hashed, just use the SEARCH function and you'll find plenty of info....you can look in my gallery - my pylon is homemade, costs $80 and a day's worth of time to build and is very strong.

You should get bindings offering good support - you don't need to go to the top of the line, I bought some used Belmonts for $100. Bindings like those will give you years of service and an opportunity to perfect your riding style before going on or deciding you'll stay with what you've got. As 03Belmont says, get a no stretch Spectra mainline - none of that waterski or tubing stuff.

Now go out and PRACTICE your craft - get Higher Education as a video support or watch the video clips here on the forum - once again, alotta very good riders have put in alotta of their time developing this stuff, so my advice is USE IT.

Also, as 03Belmont suggests, get your boat's wake into shape - you can search for "how to" info here on the forum and I'd highly recommend you do this first, then come back with your questions - folks are always willing to give you help particularly whne you've tried first.

Oh yeah, did I say welcome to a very cool forum supported by a bunch of very cool folks and to a very cool sport...

good luck

Wes

Last edited by wesgardner on Feb 19, 2004 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Bizzerker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

novice04, trust me, nothing feels worse than having an awesome setup and looking like butt. I almost feel guilty when I go out with my friend. I feel like I'm wasting everyone's time. Dropping wads of cash and getting a whole bunch of equipment won't make that big of a difference until you've exhausted the tricks you're able to do behind the rig you've got. My quote of the day, then, is, "Make your equipment look good with your abilities, not the other way around!"

Have fun this coming season, and welcome!,
Bizz

koltman
Addict
Addict

City: Sydney/Orlando

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bizzerker made a good point about the sales stuff. Also the Evo is pretty cool because is 3-stage in the middle and cont' at the edges. Little bit of both worlds.
the Hyerlite Motive is good, but there is a big gap between the 134 and 140 (they should of made one in a 137. One cool board if you can find it, would be the 2002-2003 hyperlite belmont 136.

Boardbrat
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Southern California

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first wakeboarding exoerince was behind a master craft, got up my very first time, Then we bought a leavy craft, 3 speeds too slow, fast, and hauling ass. SO guess what, we had to buy another bout for wakeboarding. The leavy craft took so much energy to get from w2w but my malibu is no work at all and its all air time and landing in the flats...............towers are the only way to go in my own opinion, good luck
novice04

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the input. Either way i dont have a whole lot of money to throw around with college and everything. And i searched the foruams for threads about towers but got 2000+ results
jasonb

PostPosted: Feb 22, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Good Wakeboard Tower Reply with quote

I got a new tower a while back and it makes a huge difference. I would put a tower well above fat sacs in terems of priority. Although towers are more expensive than adding a few sacs around the boat.

I dont like the way some of the towers look, but you can find nice ones out there. The one I got is a Samson Sports [url](http://www.samsonsports.com)[/url] - I get tons of compliments on it and the speakers they sell rock as well.

Jason
silver girl
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: England

PostPosted: Feb 29, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey my bindinggs were lik £60 not sure wot that is in dollars but probly bout $100, i love my bindings, there pretty comfy n surportive
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Feb 29, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, good bindings make a difference. I got my CWB Torq for about $300 AUD and they havd held up fine but I started off with a pair of Jobe adjustables they were good for the stuff I was doing (180 variations and 360's). Oh and 03Belmont, bindedings? I think the word you looking for is bindings. With out the E.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Fresno

PostPosted: Feb 29, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vip20882000 is right. The bindings make the difference. If you're feet are uncomfortable and something is rubbing ur foot and irritating it; you're not going to be having fun. Basically with bindings; you get what you pay for but sometimes you can find good deals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: