Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

using PWC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IBleed

City: Lancaster

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: using PWC Reply with quote

Hey guys, Ive been out wakeskating/boarding like 4 times on a boat, but I got 2 seadoo gtx limiteds over winter and I don't know how I would use them to ride.

My biggest question is how to hook up the rope to the seadoo. There is a little metal U on the back of it, but its pretty low. Would this be what I would put the rope on?

Second question is do I need to put some sandbags or somethin onboard to get a bigger wake?

Thanks guys. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know! Very Happy

Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a tow hook in the back middle of the platform, just loop knot it on there and it will be fine. Ive never heard of weigting down a pwc, id leave that alone bc its hard enough to keep a consistent speed as it is. Id run about 19-21. PWC's are fun to cat around behind, especially on skates. Work on lipslides, switch riding, ollies, just always be trying new stuff and working on progression.
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya get good on a wakeskate. dont worry too mch about wakeboarding behind it cuz your never gonna get much of a wake. they run the pro wakeskate tour behind a sea doo.
jeffrey_25
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of the way they look but you can also buy towers for sea-doo's now.
IBleed

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys. Another quick question... is there supposed to be a leash or something on a wakeskate to keep it close when you wipe out? Mine doesnt have one, and I'm pretty damn sure I'll lose it the first day out without one. lol Thanks!
jeffrey_25
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of one. I thought that would be a problem but trust me, when you wipe out the board will be within 10 feet of you. There is no problem AT ALL finding the skate once you wipe.
IBleed

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cool thanks man
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBleed, I wakeboard behind a seadoo too. The wake isn't very good but it's all i got so it works. Just put the rope on the thing behind the seat that u were talking about. Oh and don't weight it down cuz then u'll just tip it over. I found that the way to get ur wake bigger is stay toward the shore. I wouldn't bother w/ the tower either. I think it would be a waste of money just to get one for ur seadoo.

If u find out anything that works better w/ it PM me.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
03Belmont
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Feb 17, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a link to the seadoo towers thingys

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/wake_designs_wakeboard_towers/wd_pwc_wakeboard_tower
Bizzerker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I rode behind a jet ski all last summer (and finally behind a boat at the very end of the season). You've already spoiled yourself getting behind a boat, but you can still work on carving, surface tricks, ollies, etc. Since it was the only thing I could ride behind, I just started getting bored cutting back and forth, so I tried to even out my strength carving and doing surface tricks in switch. There's still tons of tricks/technique you can practice without a mondo wake. I've even considered going out on the jet skis again because I heard it's better to work on wake jumping with as small a wake as you can. I guess the theory is the smaller the wake, the better your mechanics have to be. Anyway, just my 0.02!
NorCalStud686
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nor*Cali-Forn-i-a

PostPosted: Feb 19, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mainly use the PWC for hitting sliders, and kickers that i have most of the time they have to be in a confined space and it would be hard to get proper speed, and hard to actually get the boat to fit in the space your suppose to be in. ise the PWC to work on Basic things with a wakboard, and for wakeskating, i would use the PWC only. only because it is a lot easier to pick up up and give you the rope again then when your on a boat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: