Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

ridin switch n 180s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
veilsidercng

City: pittsburgh pa

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: ridin switch n 180s Reply with quote

hey i've been wakeboardin 4 about 2 yrs now (only in the summer i live in pa) n im alrite but i suk ridin switch im lucky if i git up switch then as soon as i hit one wave im down im just not used to it do u have ne help? n i also need help doing butterslide 180 or surface 180 i always do a faceplant wen i try lol thx (u can im me-veilsidercng or hyperlite3236
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Russia

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch riding is all about practice. If you're having trouble keeping your balance let go of the rope with your back hand and let your front hand out. Just get used to turning inside the wake, and then work your way outside and practice crossing wakes.
salmon_tacos
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Austin

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To avoid faceplants on the surface 180's try holding the handle low and maybe also exaggerating your backwards lean, i.e. leaning back and using a lot of power.
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Feb 08, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have acces to a skateboard or snowboard practice riding switch on those and it will help you out on the water. make sure you have a real solid butterslide before you take it to switch. get up ride for a while and then push the handle towards your back hip and kinda rotate your head and shoulders away from the wake.
wakeboarder_dude22
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Australia

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travel at about 12mph and just practice sliding 180s inside the wakes. Then start riding switch for a bit, then 180 back when you need to, still at 12mph.
gently27
Criminal
Criminal

City: Walnut Creek

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can ditto wakeboarder_dude22's comment. It's how I learned switch (and the sliding 180). Go 12MPH and get a feel for switch....going slow gives you plenty more control. Stay in the middle of the wake and practive transitioning from edge to edge. (Meaning just go left and right inside the wake and get used to the feel) Then, when you;re ready, increase youtr speed gradually... you'll be surprised at how fast you'll pick it up....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure riding switch snowboarding helps sum, but i don't know how much because it's totally different when it comes to turning. On a snowboard turning is all about having weight on your front foot, where as in wakeboarding it's sort of in the middle. Maby i'm completely wrong i haven't wakeboarded in too long and i'm having major wakeboarding withdrawls. Puppy Eyes Any one care to back me up? Or correct me?

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
danbrett
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Phila. Suburbs

PostPosted: Feb 14, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this past summer i only rode about 7 time but one of the things i learned was a surface 180, i got it on the first try and rode switch for awhile (not turning) and then turned back around with out falling, and when i tryed it again i fell. But I thing you just need to keep your edge up so you done eat it
hyperlife18

City: Salt Lake City

PostPosted: Feb 15, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

numbfoot, i feel your pain, but it is similar to switch snowboarding only because you are riding switch , turning will be different , but getting comfortable going the "wrong way" will help you relax more, and relaxing really helps you learn qiucker.
numbfoot
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperlife18, I'm hoping it helps like shizzle cuz I can finally carve switch on a snowboard so it would be nice on a wakeboard to be better switch.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: