Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

wedge on a sea-doo challenger x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deanis

City: miami

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: wedge on a sea-doo challenger x Reply with quote

i got a sea-doo challenger x which is 20 feet long and when i put people in it. it kicks a good wake, i also have a 600 pound fat sac so the wake launches me up pretty well but i have wakeboarded on so man malibus and i like how u dont need to put as much weight in the boat, but can you install a wedge on any boat and if so is it fit for the hull of the malibus or would it work on more than one boat. Please send me back responses.
Captain_Tripps
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wedge is specifically for malibus.

Some people have attempted to create their own wedges, but I wouldn't recomend it.

You best bet is to keep adding weight.
deanis

City: miami

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks yea i kind of figured it woulndt work it is just so much less time consuming than more fat sacs but thanx anyway
salmon_tacos
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Austin

PostPosted: Jan 31, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You'd have to make sure the mounting was sufficiently strong, including hull reinforcement, if necessary.

2. The only thing about The Wedge design that is specifically for Malibus would be the angle of attack on the foil (is it even a foil?).

Anyway, Captain Tripps mentioned people trying to create their own wedges. I think there would be no problem with that as long as you took care of item 1. Item 2 brings up the point that, to get the best performance, you should probably be able to adjust the angle of attack so you can experiment and find the best solution for your boat. I don't think this is absolutely necessary, however, as long as you have some weight for the bow that you can adjust to get the right balance.

gulllakewake

City: lacombe

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deanis,

pretty new here, and wondering about your boat, i am giving the challenger a hard look for my lake, what is the spray situation? i know older jets used to give a pretty good shower when towing, also any trouble pulling up a slalom skiier?

thanks
peca
Addict
Addict

City: Mt. Pocono, PA

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say sell the jet boat and go with a cheaper inboard. no matter what it is it will throw a better wake than any jet boat. if its weighted properly

check gallery-----new pics
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: