Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

help...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WakeKate04

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: help... Reply with quote

i went wakeboarding for the firs time last yr on a walmart board...not doing any tricks or jumps behind a jetski..now i have a motive 134, what trick should i try first?? any tips or pointers would help alot and should i keep riding behind the jetskis or our seadoo islandia? im 5'9, 128lbs if that matters any. I havent even tried to jump a wake yet...so....help! lol
Vamp11-gohan
Criminal
Criminal

City: Florida

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i wouldnt attempt any tricks like as far as jumps and stuff until your really comfy on the board....and the first thin id learn to do would be ride switch....everyone i know who didnt learn to ride switch easily early on regrets it.
u can get around switch a few different ways...but id suggest if ur still new on the board just work on messing around with surface 180's to go switch.....MAKE SURE u have pressure on ur heels as u try to rotate the board..other wise the rusult will be a mouthful o water....especially the first few times i would try it way out in the flats try stayin away fromt he rollers till ur comfy....if ud ont wanna work on goin switch like that then i guess just start goin over the wakes...get comfortable jumpin em

good luck

BurkeViper
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Fresno

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vamp is right, try riding switch first...try getting up and riding switch, then try switching back and forth your stance in water (I believe it's called a butterslide or a surface slide or something like that) and start jumping the wake...I personally went from getting up to jumping the wake...just take it slow and remember it's all about having fun Very Happy
Sportster4Tec
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Baton Rouge, LA

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first get comfortable riding regular across the wakes and start getting comfortable cutting around. Then, maybe start trying some inside out jumps where you start on the inside of the wake and cut out which ever way you feel comfortable and jump off the edge of the wake. Next, you can either start trying to get up right into switch stance or get up regular stance and switch into your switch stance by doing a little surface 180 when the boat is still starting up and going slow. You can then start progressing to heelside and toeside one wake jumps and try to get full wake to wake jumps. Try some ollies and ollie 180s. You should be pretty comfortable riding switch before you try any one wake 180s or wake to wake 180s. Check out the trick tips on this site for help with any tricks you need. ... http://www.wakeboarder.com/tricks/tricks.phtml
WakeKate04

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im already going OVER the wake...just not jumping it..know what i mean? i think its because im scared, but i dunno how to get over that. i go side to side of the wake and im very comfortable riding i just havent tried any tricks ...lol i can get up fine too, i have no problem with that. thanks for ur help, any other tips are appreciated.
vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try jumping from inside the wake out you will get a little air and begin to learn the basic skills jumping then next step try the wake to wake jump. Have fun!
hyperlife18

City: Salt Lake City

PostPosted: Jan 28, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used that board for the last few years, it was my first board, and in my opinion, a good one to learn on. One thing that helped me a ton was , Detention, and instructional video by shawn murray (he invented the board you ride and rides it in the video) it has a lot of other helpful tips. And yes get comfortable switch it definitely helps, and one thing to remember with the motive is that it has really long fins, so if you were to try to do a surface 180 or a butterslide, or anything involves releasing your fins, it will be a little more difficult to do, make sure that your board is all the way out of the water before turning it or you will be in for a beating. hope that helps.
CHiLi DaWg
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Huntington, IN

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WakeKate04, Try many things during your time riding. Switch riding is good advice. Get comfy on your board 1st. Try some 1 wake jumps. Just little pops over the wake to get a feel for the landing. Butterslides and surface 180's are fun to try early on. Just don't get frustrated with it, because it takes time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: