Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Impossible and 360 Flip questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Impossible and 360 Flip questions Reply with quote

I'm having a bit of trouble with the impossible and 360 flip. Here are my problems

Well with a 360 flip I cant figure out my foot placement. I either get it to flip a varial flip perfect or I do a 360 half flip. SO my question is where do you put your feet for a 360 flip?

ANd the impossible. I can get the flip, thats easy but I cant seem to stomp it. Can any one here impossible and give me any tips? Thanks in advance.
gvw686
Addict
Addict

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur fredrick?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Russia

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vip20882000, I don't know how much help this is... but I try 360 flips with the same foot placement as varial flips except I move my back foot a little more toward the toeside to get the shuvit rotation going a little faster and that seems to help the board flip a little better too. Hope that helps a bit. Confused
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gvw686, yes. I thought you knew that when I got that dancing sloth thing going in my sig.

ontrider, thanks for the tips. I've gotten partially better at them and got close to landing one.

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my front foot is a little less than midway up the board...my heel is hanging off the side...my back foot is at the very edge and closer to the heel side...both feet are slightly pointed to the bolts for a 360 flip...i don't know if you've heard this but a friend of mine recommended that rather than scoop like you would for a regular 360 shuv it you should SLIGHTLY drag your BACK foot up and off the heelside of your board... i know it sounds weird but i tried it and did it perfectly on my first shot, but haven't been able to do it consistently since...just somethin to experiment with i guess
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkiSk8er1287, so you actually have your foot right back? I should try it because im having no luck with the 360 flips. The impossibles I've given up and trying croos footed, landed a few to.
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nanaimo

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I don't know quite how to explain it, but I'll give it a shot.

If you want more flip in your 360 flip, simply cover the board more (width-wise) with your toe. Then when you kick it'll flip more. If you want less flip, cover less of the board.

For more or less spin, it's simply a matter of how hard you kick your back foot behind you. It's all just a matter of practice.

If you've seen someone like Rodney Mullen or PJ Ladd (Or anyone else with incredible flatground board control), you'll notice that their 360 flips almost happen with no effort at all. You just see the slightest flick of their ankle. All because of practice.

As far as impossibles go, all I can tell you is don't waste your time with them. No one does impossibles, and you never see them done. Leave all the oldschool stuff to Mullen.
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Feb 23, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s-s213 wrote:
No one does impossibles, and you never see them done.

You're right, I've never seen Eric Koston, Tom Penny, Bucky Lasek, Mike Vallely, etc. do impossibles. That was another trick. Rolling Eyes
s-s213
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Feb 25, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, a few people. A few pros actually. I don't really think it's the kind of trick you want to learn at a beginning level. Kind of a waste of time more than anything.

It's sort of in the same line of tricks as powerslides ect. If you can do them, that's good, but don't spend lots of time learning them.
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your assuming im a beginer? Don't just "assume" because you dont know me. I dont see why there such a waste of time they look good when done properly. ANd I wouldn't call an impossible "old-school".
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Bigfork, Montana

PostPosted: Feb 27, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm w/ vip20882000 on this one. Impossibles look tight.

wakeboardertj wrote:
numbfoot, hahah you ruthless whore. blame it on the fat girl. Nice... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SkiSk8er1287

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright...well when i put in my last entry, i was still learning, but now i've got the 360 flip...basically i had my feet in the same spot as the varial except my front foot was a little farther back, and all i did was just do was just do a fast varial flip with more emphasis on the shuv part, as long as you flick your front foot forward, the board will flip for you...note that i've only done this stationary, not in motion
Maestro
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Markham

PostPosted: Mar 05, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about the scoop with the back foot. I put my rear foot more on the toe edge of the board, right where the curve of the tail is (where the kick of the tail and the concave of the board meet). Use this little groove to help scoop the board around with your rear foot - the front foot should really be positioned similar to where it is for a kickflip (maybe a bit closer to the tail). You just have to time the scoop and flick right, and figure out the correct amount of scoop and flip that will allow the board to pull of the trick cleanly. It's all practice
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can get the flip pretty consistant having my back foot right on the tail and my front foot jsut behind the middle of the board. Im only having trouble stomping it.
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not assuming your a beginner, but at any level of skateboarding I've ever seen in my life I haven't seen impossibles as a very popular trick. It's always good to do something original or at least not done very often, but I'm just saying considering the trick and the time put into learning it sometimes it isn't worth it.

For example if it's a really difficult trick, but it doesn't much help you progress, then maybe it's not worth putting too much time into learning. Not that progressing is everything, it's all about fun, but sometimes when you learn more basics that lead up to a trick, it's easier to catch on to instead of having to practice lots.

Anyways I didn't really mean to start this silly arguement in the first place, I'm just saying I wouldn't make too big of a deal over a trick like that. Would almost be better to focus more on 360 flips since there isn't too much of a difference between them. Maybe after that it would even be easier to learn impossibles like I said earlier in my post.
HyPe4eVeR
Criminal
Criminal

City: East Lansing, Novi, Cheboygan

PostPosted: Mar 17, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the DC site Danny Way gives ya tips to do a 360 flip, there maybe a impossible vid on there too.
http://www.dcshoes.com/main.asp
J-man04

City: phoenix

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need help with an impossible or 3 flip then reply on this forum
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
J-man04

City: phoenix

PostPosted: Mar 18, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all you have to do for a 360 flip is position your front foot as a kickflip and your back foot with your foot on the board but your toes hanging off,then you just scoop your back foot in the opposite direction its facing and while scooping it you flick your front foot straight out like a kickflip,then you let the board flip under you,once you see it coming back around just land on it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The impossible will help you learn variations of the impossible now won't it? And I think your underestimating the popularity of impossibles a little.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: