Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Bindings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarpacci

PostPosted: Dec 31, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: Bindings Reply with quote

I have a 2003 Hyperlite DNA. Can I purchase Liquid force bindings for it? Or do I have to use Hyperlites, kind of like Burton? I am sure a dumb question, but would greatly appreciate some help!

-S
vette74
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Dec 31, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All bindings that I have seen fit on all boards, they manufacture them that way. From reading previous posts made it seams you have a popular set up. Plus I have read Hyperlite and Liquid Force are made by the same company.
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Dec 31, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya you dont have to have a board and binding set up from a single company. you can mix and match from hype, liquid force, double up, gator, etc. i think i have heard that different companies have different screw lengths so you may need to buy new screws but thats not bad.
wesgardner
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Severna Park

PostPosted: Dec 31, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeyScarpacci,

I just bought an older set of Belmonts - they came with what used to be (I think) hype's standard screw (really a bolt - it's a 1/4-20 which means 1/4" in diameter and 20 threads per inch) you'll never need to know this but my new board had some of the epoxy goop from when it was made ooze down into one of the holes where the bindings mount so I had to use a tap and clean the threads...(more useless information from the boarding public). I have some other bindings that came with a thumb nut or wing nut type deal making them easier to adjust without tools. I think Hypes new set up is easier than that? Either way, the bolt holes all seem to line up board to board so I think you'll be good...

There may be some sort of "industry standard" for the binding set ups - perhaps others here know...

Wes
wakebored
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Guntersville

PostPosted: Jan 04, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarpacci, The LF bindings will work on the HL board. HL bindings, with the new claw system, will fit on LF boards too. You just have to get shorter bolts for the claw. From what i have seen, HL boards have deeper threads than most other board companys. Finding these bolts are easy. Just go to the local hardware store and purchase them. Just make sure you buy stainless.
Mariognarly
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jan 08, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I believe Hyperlite changed their binding hole size from 2002 to 2003. A friend of mine has 01 Bylerlys and an 03 Parks 138 and his old screws did not fit in the new holes, he had to buy thicker screws for them to hold.
boarditup
Addict
Addict

City: Allendale, MI

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Watersport Industry Association standardized the hole patterns. It is a 1/4 20 so you can use non-premium hardware from any good industrial supplier. Length is critical - I have seen boards damaged from bolts that were too long. Most boards use solid inserts now to prevent that problem.

www.boarditup.com
www.placidwaters.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

City: Champaign

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put the 04 LF Exo's on my 03 byerly dna. the screws supplied with the bindings are way too short to use on Hyperlite boards. I was only catching maybe two threads max when using factory supplied washer. Your going to need to take a trip to the hardware store and get longer bolts. 30 cents for 2 bolts.
Tall Girl
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Tampa

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about 03 CWB Torq bindings on a 03 Hyperlite Premier? I've checked out all the Hyperlite bindings and I haven't really found any I like.
ontrider
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Russia

PostPosted: Jan 26, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennethl, same thing with my Exos and DoubleUp board... I've never owned a liquid force board, but I hear the holes aren't deep. With the screws I have I would think they would rip out or something since they only catch a couple threads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Newbie Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: