Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

long boarding....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicole

City: fort collins

PostPosted: Dec 21, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: long boarding.... Reply with quote

does anyone know how to side stop on a longboard? no matter what i try, i cant get the back end of my board to slide around...and when i finally get it too....im not on it anymore.... so any tips would be great.... i've just been carving really hard and altering the amount of pressure on my back foot more towards my front so i can slide the back end around....maybe i have the wrong approach............any advice? lemme know.....thanks =)
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: Dec 21, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing better than shredding a huge powerslide on your longboard!

Usually I kick down on the tail to remove weight from the front wheels. You don't want them off the ground just have not much weight on them. Then continue the downwards motion of your rear foot into a forwards motion, bringing the tail around 90 degrees so the board is now sliding sideways and you are facing forwards. You will need to lean WAAAAY back depending on how fast your going, don't worry better to slide out and land on your arse than grip up and have the board stop, putting you on your face.

You'll need a lot of practice to break away the tail properly, but after that it's all gravy baby!

Nicole

PostPosted: Dec 22, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks buddy, really appreciate the help.....ill try it out in the AM and let ya know how it goes....i "worked" on it today....got pretty lucky to .... cuz my board put me on my face but onto the soooooooooooft patch of grass that was on my left ....i almost got it but its gripping so hard... ill try altering my weight more like you explained... anyways, thanks for the incite.....
dubers
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Santa Cruz

PostPosted: Dec 23, 2003 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long boards aren't really made for powersliding. The wheels are to soft meant to grip not slide. Put some harder wheels on it if you want to slide.
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Dec 23, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way! Longboards are the best fun for sliding if you ask me! You're right about the wheels gripping but if you are bombing a big hill and you have some speed up you can slide those suckers for miles.

Like I said you need to really break the tail away and lean right back, even squat a little if it helps you keep your balance. You also need to remember to rotate your wheels or your rear heelside wheel will cone out and your board won't track straight.

Nicole

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I PULLED OFF THE POWERSLIDE!!!!.....it was so bad ass, thanks for the advice...i only stuck it once but im gonna keep working on it..... oh and what the hell is all that stuff about....cheap way to boost ur post count.... anyways.....just wanted to let ya know that i stuck it!!!!! thanks for ur help Laughing .....later
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Dec 24, 2003 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool, I got SCBrips to delete it (and he was quick too!). Congrats on the powerslide, keep working on them get the nice and looooong you'll be addicted I swear, and remember to rotate your wheels, you would be suprised how quickly they will wear.

(For those who missed out, someone posted a whole lot of cr*p here, like 15 posts of aasdfasdsdg Twisted Evil asdf)

Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Dec 26, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

criminally_minded wrote:
It's cool, I got SCBrips to delete it (and he was quick too!). Congrats on the powerslide, keep working on them get the nice and looooong you'll be addicted I swear, and remember to rotate your wheels, you would be suprised how quickly they will wear.

(For those who missed out, someone posted a whole lot of cr*p here, like 15 posts of aasdfasdsdg Twisted Evil asdf)

I missed it, thanks for the explanation.

I used to love powersliding my longboard out, nothing better than busting the tail out, the noisier the better! Now I ride the shorty & I can powerslide even better, still one of my favorite moves even with all the flip tricks in my repertoire now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: