Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

parks' switch double flip 360????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanssapo
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Mexico

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: parks' switch double flip 360???? Reply with quote

Hey, guys, I was looking in the media section for a video from the classic parks double half-cab roll, and I found another video that had the title: Switch double flip 360, well, and I thought it might be wrong cause I didn't know that parks could do that, so I downloaded it, ( I'm pretty much a newbie, but I already know which tricks are sick and which aren't) and I'm almost craped my pants!!! It is parks doing the double half-cab roll, but at the last moment he does another 180 rotation!!!!! it is sick, I recommend to watch it!!!!
Maestro
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Markham

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that happened in the spring I believe. Not very stylish, but definitely an accomplishment...
projectely4
Addict
Addict

City: Bradenton, Florida

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was definately insane what he did. that clip shows what is possible in wakeboarding.
jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: san diego

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro wrote:
Not very stylish, but definitely an accomplishment...

I agree. Just like Shapiro's Speed Ball, not stylish, but a definite display of technicality and sheer power.

I'm thinking some island. And Alaska is not a choice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hanssapo
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, it's insane, really!!! Imagine what these guys'll be doing in a couple of years
wakeboarder rez
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Du Quoin, Illinois

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is hard to imagine what can happen and how much the sport will progress
Inggy
Addict
Addict

City: Vancouver, Washington

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I dont think Parks will innovate anything new. Well, maybe, but not much more. I think we gotta start looking out for Froggy
THEN we get the chicks!
-Coop Cooper

www.numbskullpro.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time someone said that, Parks busted out w/ a Switch Double Mobe. (or whatever it's called) Don't ever underestimate Parks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
derrick
Addict
Addict

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Nov 09, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As talented as Parks is, just witnessing him over the last few years, on top of him being completely burnt out and fried, he will crash and burn.
wakeboarder rez
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if not anything else he will no doubt invent new stuff on the sliders
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derrick,
Quote:

he will crash and burn.

Parks kills it and goes 110% every time he jumps off the platform. Lengthy sets with variations on layed out grabs, awesome slider combos, clean grabbed mobes, he consistently hits the biggest and most technical double ups of any rider, and he usually wont fall until he busts out something that would make most people jump out of the boat. Hes been a sponsored rider for over 10+ years, 'living the dream' as he puts it. Partying wont dictate his life, I wake up hung over all the time too but I still get up and take care of business.

Parks will be fine until he reinjures his knee. But as of now he still rides with passion and is still on another level. His sets are freaking crazy right now, hes spinning reentry toeside 9's just for the fun of it. Coining the latest and greatest trick isnt what its about for him anymore. Thats we have riders to watch like Adkison, Santori, Harf, Froggy, Ruck, Shane, Lyman, Vandal, Weatherall,.... The only 'crash and burn' Parks will do is chilling in his nice pad with his friends, and eventually doing whatever he choses to do in this industry.
Lynsey
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Nor*Cal

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I watch him in sections of the videos I have, the more I like his riding style. He hits sliders making them look like a piece of cake, here's a quote from wb mag oct issue "if you want to see sliders, let PB show you"- CC Roberts. In WB Mag's Oct issue in the readers poll, he's rated number 1 again. Underestimating him is overrated.
absolutofft
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Langley

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Parks is anywhere near to be being close to crashing and burning. After seeing his reaction to Danny Harf throwing down a totally sick run and winning the xgames, you could see how stoked Parks still is for Danny and for wakeboarding in general.
wakeboarder rez
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya that shows you how great of a competitor he is when harf stomped his run at the xgames, Parks knew he was beat and gave danny big props

He will be around for a long time
Tyler*Moore

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your telling me. Parks is sooo burnt out. He's only landed on switch double mobe. those were soooo 1999. Im working on triple hlaf cab roll. I've landed it twice without the rope! Parks just needs to quite, he couldnt beat any of the up and comers! Laughing Wink
NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are missing Derrick's point.....I don't think he was refering to wakeboarding when he said Parks is 'burnt out and Fried'.
Tyler T
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Portland

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get it!!! Laugh

Care to have a listen?
hanssapo
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thinks that Parks will make another very big acommplishment in wakeboarding before any guy gets to the level of parks
hycolakerchick

PostPosted: Nov 12, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanssapo... I think so to... I just wanted to say that I think Parks is awesome and that you have a good point... and that trick sounds mad sick man... Laughing
hycolakerchick

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yal continue... i just wanted to put in my opinion...
PINKGLOW

City: West Bend

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Parks can do some awsome moves but i dont think we'll be seein much from Froggy. I think we should start lookin out for Erik Ruck. Thats where the awesome talents comin from. (besides from Parks)
kyle

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maestro wrote:
Yep, that happened in the spring I believe. Not very stylish, but definitely an accomplishment...

not to sound like a d*ck and throw this board into shambles, but what are you thinking maestro, the guy does a double flip 3 and you critisize it. im sorry, let me call parks and tell him to grab it for you next time because it was not stylish enough. im sure he wont mind. this is another example of the problems in our sport. when a great accomplishment is made, which this is, someone always has to critique it, it is like if someone did a 313 540, im sure someone would jump right to the gun and be like, that trick sucked, it was a raley. come on guys. i would never tell a person if they posted a pic that it isnt stylish, so why do it to a pro, it just is not nice and not deserved.
jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle, in defense of Maestro, I, too, think it's not very stylie. Keep in mind...

a. it's someone else's opinio.
b. other people have different definition of style.

I think it's very technical, yes, and is simply a huge trick that probably noone will ever duplicate. I just don't think it's very stylie. Am I saying Parks isn't stylie? No, he is. The Double Flip 3 is huge, but I'd much rather see him take a TS jump, add a Seatbelt grab, and poke out his rear leg. That, to me, is stylie.

midwest wake
Addict
Addict

City: Middleton

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can see how you guys can be complaining about the stylishness of this trick, sure he hasn't grabbed it or has he done it switch double backroll with a 540. but seriously guys don't waste your time critiqueing somthing you'll never be able to do. instead of critiqueing pros, video tape yourself and critique that.
vance

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midwest wake,

Noone is criticizing (sp?) parks' move. all he did was say it wasnt stylish. I personally wud much rather see a huge double grab 3 off the d-up then this move.. but then AGAIN thats just my opinion.
Tyler*Moore

PostPosted: Nov 29, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

midwest wake, how do you know no one on this board will ever do it?
hycolakerchick

PostPosted: Nov 30, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do kinda think people need to spend a little more time watching their owns backs instead of making fun of other people... yal know what I mean??? just my opinion, fyi...
Se7en
Addict
Addict

City: Somewheresville

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim M wrote:
derrick,
Quote:

he will crash and burn.

Parks kills it and goes 110% every time he jumps off the platform. Lengthy sets with variations on layed out grabs, awesome slider combos, clean grabbed mobes, he consistently hits the biggest and most technical double ups of any rider, and he usually wont fall until he busts out something that would make most people jump out of the boat. Hes been a sponsored rider for over 10+ years, 'living the dream' as he puts it. Partying wont dictate his life, I wake up hung over all the time too but I still get up and take care of business.

Parks will be fine until he reinjures his knee. But as of now he still rides with passion and is still on another level. His sets are freaking crazy right now, hes spinning reentry toeside 9's just for the fun of it. Coining the latest and greatest trick isnt what its about for him anymore. Thats we have riders to watch like Adkison, Santori, Harf, Froggy, Ruck, Shane, Lyman, Vandal, Weatherall,.... The only 'crash and burn' Parks will do is chilling in his nice pad with his friends, and eventually doing whatever he choses to do in this industry.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Se7en
Addict
Addict

City: Somewheresville

PostPosted: Dec 01, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle wrote:
Maestro wrote:

not to sound like a d*ck and throw this board into shambles, but what are you thinking maestro, the guy does a double flip 3 and you critisize it. im sorry, let me call parks and tell him to grab it for you next time because it was not stylish enough. im sure he wont mind. this is another example of the problems in our sport. when a great accomplishment is made, which this is, someone always has to critique it, it is like if someone did a 313 540, im sure someone would jump right to the gun and be like, that trick sucked, it was a raley. come on guys. i would never tell a person if they posted a pic that it isnt stylish, so why do it to a pro, it just is not nice and not deserved.

It's not a criticism per say, more of an observation. I'm sure with time Parks will stomp it with some more style, but for now its just a huck.
On skis I can hurl myself around to a 1080 but it looks like crap and while it may be huge and incredible to some, its still hucked.

I'd rather watch a stylish 7 or 9 than a hucked 1080, and for the same reason I'd rather see Parks throw something with style than the "switch double back 3"
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Dec 02, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parks wont "crash and burn" or what ever, theres heaps of "old" people in sports. There was that really old barefooter who was like 55 (forgot his name) then take Tony Hawk, Rodney Mullen Steve Cab for example they are what mid 30's and still going. Parks IMO still has a bit to offer.
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: Dec 02, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Maestro gets the "master of the obvious" award. So you're telling us that there isn't much style involved with a double invert and a handle pass 3. Not many tricks with 1080 degree rotations are.... 'stylish' Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: