Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Road rash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leslisa
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Coast

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Road rash Reply with quote

Does road rash scar? Anything helpful hits for this nasty case of road rash I acquired last night? I just started skateboarding and I really did a number on myself. Thanks in advance.

Lisa

Do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose.
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure does! Hints, I dunno, put some Neosporin or other antibiotic ointment on it with a loose dressing. Just a word of advice, if you're gonna skate you're gonna get scarred up. My shins, elbows, & knees are a myriad of scars, it looks like connect the dots.
dubers
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Santa Cruz

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately dress it loose, road rash oozes and you don't want the bandange sticking
Zara
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Road rash kills, but there are certain things you can do to prevent it from scarring badly.
1. Only keep it covered when you are going out or going something that might irritate or infect it. Otherwise let it air out.
2. Avoid using any antiseptic that has a high level of alcohol in it. Alcohol bases caus tissue to scare worse. When you want to wash it out use a mild hypoallergenic soap and a very little amount of polysporin, but don't use it too often.
3. Go to the drug store and buy a vitamine A creme (Lubriderm is a great one), some vitamine E oil and aloe. When the scab is healing and especially after it starts coming off mix equal parts of all three things together and use it all the time! In between keep the vitamine E oil on it. Vitamine E is great for healing fresh scars but you have to use it all the time!!!!
4. Don't pick the scab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See guys, as much as I sound like a guy when I talk about skating I'm really just a girlie girl at heart who hates scabbed up legs. Girl

This has been Dr. Zara with your health tip of the day! Very Happy
leslisa
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Coast

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo!! Thanks Everyone! I'm going to the drug store on the way home and I think I am going to start wearing long pants. It can't hurt, maybe it will offer some protection. I really appreciate the help. Girls don't look good with scars.

Lisa

Do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose.
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zara wrote:
4. Don't pick the scab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha! This is why my body is so scarred, I can't help it! Most of the reason I cover up cuts & scrapes is so I don't pick the scab.

Lisa, pants will save you summa the pain, but when you get to kickflips (or any flip trick for that matter) there's no saving you unless you decide to wear soccer shinguards.

I'm not sure how good scars look on girls, I don't know any girl skaters. I have a feeling I might like it, but I dunno.
dubers
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Santa Cruz

PostPosted: Oct 15, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Zara,
You got a whole system worked out there. Scars are just like tattoos but with better stories behind them
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Oct 16, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i cant help but pick at scabs either. It just sits there mocking me urrging me to pick it then i do and bleeds for ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: