Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Esky Flip

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Esky Flip Reply with quote

This is a trick i think i might of invented but im just checking. Its pretty basic, a bs pop shuve it with a body varial in the opposite direction. WEll ive named it the esky flip because..... umm well i dunno. So haev these a name yet?
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, i dont think its ever been done before.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

i do belive its a shuvit varial or varial shuvit.... ive been doing em for the past year or so, so there nothing new...

Zara
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a rule of thumb most tricks that combine with a varial just add the "varial" to the title.
Fortunately or unfortunately, whichever way you wanna look at it, the days of guys giving tricks stupid names are pretty much over.
I guess we can leave that to wakeboarding now Wink
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Boston

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every week some kid asks if he's invented this exact trick. No you didn't invent it, apparently people have been doing it for years (although I've never seen anybody do it). The reason people keep asking if they've invented it is 'cuz an established pro hasn't named it. Probably 'cuz they don't do this trick. Which would explain why I haven't seen anybody ever do it. You like how I'm writing in sentence fragments? Mr. Green
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varial shuve it takes to long to say. ANd i know people might have been doing them for a while but i just wanna know what they call em. I probably used the wrong word invent but i didnt know what to use.

Zara when you add a varial to a trick its not always called [trick name] to varial. Take a sex change, kick flip varial. Big spin, #60 shuve it varial in the same direction.

But i guess im an idiot for starting this.... Rolling Eyes

Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what other people call it, that's what I'm saying. I've heard it called a Kastalarial, a Celestrial, blah, blah, blah. The fact is, until a pro skater does it & gives it a name it won't have a well known name. Even a well known pro giving something a name doesn't guarantee it will take (Bob Burnquist's "Samba flip" as he calls it is still referred to as a kickflip indy handflip by everybody else).

And just a side note, if the board doesn't flip on the long axis (ie, kickflip or heelflip) it's improper to use flip in the trick name.
s-s213
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nanaimo

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigspins your body turns in the same direction as the board so most people don't refer to it as a varial. Also a lot of people that do varials either can't spin the trick normally, or are Rodney Mullen. I see a lot of people that can spin 3 flips and such but need to spin their body in the opposite direction or something. It's pretty weird and I wouldn't call 90% of body varial tricks an actual trick.
Zara
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vip20882000 wrote:
Varial shuve it takes to long to say. ANd i know people might have been doing them for a while but i just wanna know what they call em. I probably used the wrong word invent but i didnt know what to use.

Zara when you add a varial to a trick its not always called [trick name] to varial. Take a sex change, kick flip varial. Big spin, #60 shuve it varial in the same direction.

But i guess im an idiot for starting this.... Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry, now that I'm rereading my post I didn't write my though out very well. I think you misunderstood what I meant. My point was similar to Jesters in that almost all tricks that are given names by pros are simply combined tricks that you can also just refer to in the order they happen. Take a half cab for example.
Basically its the same thing as say taking a fs boardslide to 270 out and calling it "an atomic slip'n'slide from hell" If I wanted to rename a trick sequence I guess I could, but why would i want to?

As usual Jester, you articulate your thoughts better than I, even in fragmented sentences... and somewhere a grammar teacher rolls in his grave... Crazy Eyes
Zara
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Oct 10, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once again upon rereading my post I dont think I explained my point very well. Anyone with any psychic ability, feel free to step in and throw me a lifesaver... I'm sinking here! Puppy Eyes
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2003 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jester, i dont want this name to be well known. I just want a name i can refer to.

s-s213, im not doing a varial because my body wants to im doing it for variation. And i reckon a 3 flip varial would look better then a straight out 3 flip.

Zara, you might wanna name a sequence because its easier to say then fs board slide to 270 out or i dunno for fun.

In my original post i change the word "invent" to does that trick have a name yet?

Addict
Addict

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 11, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its called a small spin i think
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh right... as opposed to big spin
Addict
Addict

City: Columbus

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt make it up becuase of that i have just heard a few people call it that. not sure if its correct or not but thats what i call them now
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jester
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vip20882000 wrote:
Jester, i dont want this name to be well known. I just want a name i can refer to.

Oh, well if that's the case then call it whatever you want. If you like Esky flip go with it. That small spin thing the one guy said is kinda cool.

Zara, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this (I don't know why, must be a guy thing), but you've been skating longer than me so you probably know it better. I respect you independent of your grammar (even though it IS terrible, ha ha! Laughing )
criminally_minded
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: An ocean of vibrant sound

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vip20882000 wrote:
JesterAnd i reckon a 3 flip varial would look better then a straight out 3 flip.
= bigflip
Inggy
Addict
Addict

City: Vancouver, Washington

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen it done before, but I have been doing them for a while. I dont think you invented it. Sorry dude, but skating has been around for 40 years. Every trick has been invented or tried before.

they may not be named, but guaranteed they have all been attempted and stuck

THEN we get the chicks!
-Coop Cooper

www.numbskullpro.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Oct 12, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i already acknowledged i didnt invent it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Skateboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: