Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Ultra Sucs Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atxwake
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Austin Texas

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Ultra Sucs Issues Reply with quote

Alright, last weekend I went riding with my brand new ultra sucs. They are size large (I wear an 11). They go on really super easy, but they did what the name says, Ultra suc'ed my foot into em! I could not get them off for anything! It took 2 people holding the board, and me pulling really hard to get my heel out of them. Could this have anything to do with the cool water (51 degree's) which would cause my feet to swell? Any advise? I know the method on how to jump out of em but that did nothing. When riding these bindings rock, so comfy! Help me! Very Happy

Last edited by atxwake on Feb 10, 2003 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
salmon_tacos
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Austin

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got a half size on me but I don't really have trouble getting out of my L Ultra Suctions. First I try to kick out of them (probably the same method you mentioned). That gets my heels up a little and my toes back a little. Then I twist my foot like mad and try to torque my foot out. The binding always ends up coming off when my heel is toward the inside of the bindings so I concentrate on torquing my heel out through there.

I have friends with the exact same size feet as me that have a hell of a time getting them off so I guess it's all technique.

Oh, and cool water should only make your feet shrink...it's like an ice pack. It might make them less flexible though.

BTW, are you riding on Lake Travis? If so, what are you wearing and how is it? I have a 4/3 wetsuit and I've been thinking about going out.
atxwake
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I thought about the them not being as flexible due to the cold.

We actually rode Lake Bryan last weekend in College Station, was was 51. I wore a 2/3 shorty and a rash guard. Froze my butt off, but it was still fun! We usually dont ride travis, but we always hit up the perd or lake austin.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Phaeton
Addict
Addict

City: Redding

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use some Food Grade Spray Silicone. It doesn't wash out as easy as binding lube. You will have to figure out how much to use with practice. Good luck.
derrick
Addict
Addict

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all technique. I don't have a problem getting out of any bindings unless they are just flat out too small. Cold water won't make any difference in your feet or bindings, all it will do is make your muscles tense up.
peace
Derrick
King of the Tigers
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Mesa, Az

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never have a problem getting out of bindings either. What I do is grab the wakeboard with both hands above one of my feet and straighten my leg out. POP! come's out in less than a second. I think the jumping underwater method is more popular because that's what the pros do but I find my method way easier. Good luck dude and glad you like your bindings!
Wakeboardumb
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Charlotte, NC

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont diss the ultra suctions just because you are a beginner and dont know how to get bidings off. u just have to break them in, and yes the cold water makes it a lot harder to get off. Use lube on entry and learn a technique in getting bidings off. i cant really describe my technique, it involves violent motions and grunting! well anyway peace
atxwake
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for the advise, maybe I was just too cold and tired. It was only the 2nd time I had worn them, I know they just need some breaking in. Just wandered if anybody else had some problems-

Wakeboarddumb: First off, im not really a beginer. Second, show me where I was "dissing" the ultra's? It was my binding of choice. No hard feelings, maybe you just mis-understood me.

JRock*Girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You definatly need to break them in then they will be much easier to get on and off. Wear them in in the tub in realy hot water or something so they loosen up and mold around your feet. Very Happy
Mariognarly
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am about to purchase some 03 Ultras myself, and what I do to take off my old bindings is just lift the top flap, stick two fingers behind my heel and pull, it has worked for every binding I have ever stuck my foot into, I think its just more technique than anything. And I dont have to reef on my bindings at all, I dont kick or pull really hard, its very smooth.
Mike
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It helps after they get "broken in" too. Mine were hard to get on and off for a few weeks and then once they were broken in, no problem.

-Biggy
ATLwake
Criminal
Criminal

City: Duluth/Athens

PostPosted: Feb 10, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 03 ultras in Sep./Oct. Not sure, It was before ATXwakechic came for the UGAvs.Tenn game though. I rode once on a cold day and they were nearly impossible to get off. I had to swim back to the boat and use shaving cream to get my foot out of one. I've been riding long enought to know how to get bindings on and off. I know that bindings stiffen up in cold water, it's my opinion that they also shrink a little.

I wore them around the apartment before hand and had no problem getting them off. After that torture I shelved them until spring when I can break them in better. Walking around my apartment in them they are the most comfortable binding I've ever worn.
Mariognarly
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im planning on doing a little walking around in my apartment as wel ATLwake...haha
pjdave
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a set of 03 ultras the rubber is softer than my 02 utras but it is too sticky they are the hardest bindings to get off that ive ever owned. The ultimate set of ultras would be 00 rubber (green utras, nice and soft) with 03 straps sewn on them (because the holes kept ripping)with 02 foot beds. I think im going to up grade to 03 exos
fuel
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Gatesville

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a pair of ultras. They were the hardest binding to get out of I've ever had. I wore them in hot water twice before using them, too. I just couldn't get them broke in and they were a mofo to get off. And it's not like I don't know how to get out of a pair of bindings, either. I think maybe I should have gotten a size Large, rather than a Medium (although I only wear a size 8.5 shoe).

What I liked about them though was their flexibility. Grabs seem easier with the Ultras.
B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2003 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a problem with them at all. I put my hands on the board and pull. I did notice a little harder time in the cold getting em on though.
Salmon Tacos:
We were at Travis a 2 weeks ago, wore a 2/3 O'neil shorty and it wasn't too bad. The only part that got cold were my hands.

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
Wakeboardumb
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Charlotte, NC

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2003 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"but they did what the name says, Ultra suc'ed"

well I thought u meant they sucked.
Mike
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like how WakeboarDUMB means your dumb.

-Biggy
MackDaddyWake1
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Your girlfreinds panty drawer

PostPosted: Feb 11, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea...
Send them back for warantee. They should come back shortly. Not fixed however. Just with that cool UPS sticker that says "address not available"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: