Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Brand new damaged board - tips on where to repair?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crash
Criminal
Criminal

City: Maple Ridge, BC, Canada

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Brand new damaged board - tips on where to repair? Reply with quote

I just got a brand new board and bindings. I was so excited. I took the plastic off the board mounted the bindings and went boarding yesterday morning. It was awesome. Got the new 134 LF Diva. Great ride. I had been riding a board too big for me (138 LF Evolution) and I could not believe the difference. It was a great morning...water was glass. As we were packing up the boat in the parking lot the board slipped off the back of the boat onto the pavement. 5 foot fall. OH MY GOD!!!!! Both tips need to be repaired and one fin will need to be replaced. I felt sick!!!! Does anyone know of any places that repair boards in the Vancouver/Lower Mainland (BC) area? How about any sites that talk about repairs. I have searched this site but could not find any good advice on repairing boards. Any help would be appreciated.
indywakechica
Addict
Addict

City: Indianapolis

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had to do any repairs yet but for the tips I think they say to use a 2 part epoxy to seal it back up. Sorry to hear bout the mishap....good luck getting her back in shape.
Crash
Criminal
Criminal

City: Maple Ridge, BC, Canada

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, i dont know how to fix board, but have had mine fixed a couple times, its better to find some who knwos how to work with the materials. People use epoxy, or marine tack (im going blank on the second word, thinking its tack), usually people use that, shape it to the most part of how it should be (dont know how), then sand it down to make it smooth and blend, make it exactly or close to how it was before....run a search on here, there have been alot of posts on this in the past
DRAGON88
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Portland, OR

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2xwakegurlx2x wrote:
ya, i dont know how to fix board, but have had mine fixed a couple times, its better to find some who knwos how to work with the materials. People use epoxy, or marine tack (im going blank on the second word, thinking its tack), usually people use that, shape it to the most part of how it should be (dont know how), then sand it down to make it smooth and blend, make it exactly or close to how it was before....run a search on here, there have been alot of posts on this in the past

close, marine tex Wink

x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Sep 08, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx dragon...what are you doing in the LADIES lounge anyways? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: