Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Trying to do my homework

View previous topic :: View next topic  
indywakechica
Addict
Addict

City: Indianapolis

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Trying to do my homework Reply with quote

Trying to do some looking and figure out what board I want to get next. And no I'm not going to ask the dreaded question..."I'm this and that...what board is good for me" Smile I'll most likely demo but I have to narrow the list down a bit or I'll spend a ton just on demoing. I want my next one be the one I keep for a few years so want to make a good choice. I'm pretty sure I want to switch to a 3 stage rocker and shorter than what I have now (138) and that's about all I have figured out so far. Heard a lot of good things on the Premier. Anyways how do you guys go about figuring out what you're looking for before trying it out?
leslisa
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Coast

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ask the guy that does my son's lessons and he guided me to a few to try. Maybe the guy at the shop could help you narrow the list? I don't know how much you weigh, but I'm 130 and I ride a 131 and a 143 so I'm not certain how much length has to do with it as much as style. Lisa

Do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose.
indywakechica
Addict
Addict

City: Indianapolis

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2003 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was talking to the guy at our local shop and told him how much I weigh (125lbs) and he said that he wouldn't recommend anything bigger than a 128 for me. ??!! That seems really really small...going from a 138 to a 128. I was thinking like lower to mid 130s. I was thinking perhaps trying the 03 Premier 135 but wasn't sure if that would be going short enuff by what he was saying. Or if I decide to splurge more the 04 Premier 130. Isn't the new Nyx the same or pretty much as last year's Premier? Anyone who's ridden the older tried the newer? Or does anyone know of any others that sound like might be up my alley for the little bit that I know I want?
Melanie G
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 5'6" and 120lbs and ride a 134. I rode my friends 131 and it was too small, it seemed like when I would land on just an ollie that the board was going under. I've ridden the Premier 135 and it feels great, not too big at all, I just like the feel of a bigger board.
Grace B.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: OR/WA

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are used to riding a 138, I don't think a 135 would be too big for you. Just demo it and see if you like it, if not go for a smaller size. I ride the 03 Premier 135, I like it a lot. It has a lot of pop and isn't too fast of a board. I took the fins off of mine and just ride with the molded in ones, I like the way it feels that way better then with fins. I heard the new 04 is a little bit of a faster board than the 03, I haven't ridden it yet though. Well good luck on your board search Very Happy
jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: san diego

PostPosted: Sep 05, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indywakechica wrote:
Yeah I was talking to the guy at our local shop and told him how much I weigh (125lbs) and he said that he wouldn't recommend anything bigger than a 128 for me.

I'd say it's time for you to find another salesperson to help you. I'm not saying you're heavy or fat, but you'd be fine w/ boards up to 135, or even 136. It's really your preference.

Check out my 1st vid. There's a girl in there that weighs less the 125, and is riding the Premier 135. I believe the other girl is riding a 133, and also weighs less than 125.
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showphoto.php?photo=504&password=&sort=7&thecat=500

I'm thinking some island. And Alaska is not a choice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WetChick19
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita/Lawrence/OP

PostPosted: Sep 10, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm 5' 4'' and 125 and i ride a 2003 135 premier and i absolutly love it, its got great pop and its not uncontrollable, i would seriously reccommend it to any girl who is somewhat serious about wakeboarding.
NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not go with a board that small. The bigger the board, the more surface area, which translates to a better pop. For instance, my wife is 5'4" and about 115 lbs and rides a trip 138! The premier is a good board that will allow you to progress, as is the LF Trip and a host of others. If I were your salesperson, I would recommend somthing in the 133-138 range. Good luck!
JRock*Girl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Sep 11, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all a personal preference, although I would highly suggest not going below the 130's, that strange of the sales person to say that. You want the board to be extra floaty, you don't want tobe on a board that your sinking or on one thats soo big you can get it on edge. Im 5'4" and 115, I used to ride a trip 128, now I ride a Prodigy 132, I've tried the Premier 135 but felt like it was a little to big, I like having a lot of control over my board. Alot of people claim the 132 is to big, then again not everyone knows what there talking about. Its truly a personal preference. When Adkison was in highschool he rode a 140, now he weighs like 60 lbs more and rides a 135...hah. Test out CWB Absolue or prodigy though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: