Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

You'ev heard of a bad third but what about...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bernsco

City: Madison, WI

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2003 10:17 am    Post subject: You'ev heard of a bad third but what about... Reply with quote

A bad host. Have any of you guys ever wakeboarded with a guy that thinks he knows everything about everything. He tells you to ride at a shorter lenth, different speed, different setup. He tells you that you are pulling your tricks all wrong and that you need to do them his way. When you drive for him he constantly complains when it is obvious that you are giving him the best pull you can. Then when he drives for you he talks to other people in the boat going dangerously fast. Yeah i used to board with a guy like this but i have decided to just stop and go on my own boat when i can. Really i gave this guy a shot, i paid for some gas, and basically was a very good third but man this guy was just terrible. Anyway i would like to hear some stories if you guys have had similar experiences.
B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have been in that same experience. I knew someone that would offer to take you out. Obvisously everyone else would pay for gas. He would ride first, no big deal. But he would take forever, always saying "last time". Then if he wanted to go out again and try something when we were in the middle of the "rotation" he would just grab his board and ride again. I understand that it's his boat. But it gets annoying when you pay $10 for gas and then ride for 1 set that is around 5- 10 minutes. He rides 4+ sets and doesn't pay for gas. Luckily I have found other people to ride with and don't go out with him anymore. By the end of the day he was bitching about everything, drank most of your beer and it was an overall bad experience.

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Leggester
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, been there, got that wetsuit Wink

We've quit hanging with 'those' guys over the years.

Now, it's on purpose - speeding up 5 mph, going about 45 on a ski through chop - it's mor eof the 'guys' giving the other guys crap though.

basketcase

City: Madison and/or Menomonie WI

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2003 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee Scot, who could you be refering too? I think I may know him too. It might not have been so bad if he played more than the same two CDs over and over and over again.
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy i ride with is bomb, he lets you ride first but really we could care who went first. He has the same time length as other people. Doesnt criticise your riding skills, polite and he sum if u have no way 2 get to the lake, he can come round and pick you up or i just go around to hir place coz he like lives right across the road from the skool.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Coast

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, since I just started and it's my boat and hubby drives, but sounds like a control freak to me. Thanks for the pointers of what I shouldn't do. Colorful

Do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose.
MinnDizzyG
Addict
Addict

City: I can see Mystic Lake

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta chime in -

Most of the time it's my boat, with my closest friends. I usually get told by them that I'm riding first. When they're riding, they're in charge - I go their speed, set the rope their length, start the way they want, etc.

I want to give public props to bruttenberg, though - met him on this site & he's been kind enough to pull me a few times since my ride is 2 1/2 hours away from where I live. He's an awesome host - happy to drive whatever speed you want, will pull you as long or short as you want, no pressure. We're out to board & have fun - it's great.

"I'd like to do now a sort of a gut-bucket bolero, in a primitive rhythm, executed in a pre-primitive manner."
- Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington, Paris, 1963
tdes
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thread...sometimes i feel like I'm being a pain in the ass if I ask the driver to slow down/speed up or perhaps try taking a different course. Most of my friends don't have a lot of experience driving or wakeboarding, and I'm just happy that they'r ewilling to drive for me - so I do my best not to nag them the whole time.

I rode yesterday behind this guy at his first time behind the wheel...had to make him stop several times to tell him what not to do (gunning the boat while there's still slack in the line), driving in circles out in the middle of the choppiest part of the lake.

oops i think i diverged from the topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: