Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Custom made board? What would you want?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiffanator
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Hattiesburg

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Custom made board? What would you want? Reply with quote

Ok, I have been looking at all of the women's boards out there, and know that they are only a smaller size man's board with different graphics. If someone came up to you and asked what YOU wanted in a women's board, what would you tell them? Would you want a custom made board just for the ladies, or are the guys' boards good enough?
My experiences so far lead me to think that women want a board that is lighter, smaller, with softer landings and good control.
I know I will get a million different opinions here, but just looking for some general ideas.
Later

jumalian
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: san diego

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiffanator wrote:
My experiences so far lead me to think that women want a board that is lighter, smaller, with softer landings and good control.

Sounds like the same things that men look for in a board.

Really, a "woman's board" can't EVER be made. There is no such thing, nor will it ever be such a thing.

With that said, there's no such thing as a "man's" or "woman's" board...just a wakeboard. No company makes wakeboards for men. They make wakeboards.

Just my opinion...

I'm thinking some island. And Alaska is not a choice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WetChick19
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita/Lawrence/OP

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like my premier 135, i don't really considerate it a guys board, i considerate MY board. I have an essence too but i don't ride it because its slow, doesn't edge as good and doesn't have as much pop as the premier, graphics wise anything goes as long as its not a naked chick like on the broadcast.
WetChick19
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Wichita/Lawrence/OP

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.....i really should learn to read my posts before i post them....ignore the "considerate", its been a long day.
leslisa
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Coast

PostPosted: Aug 28, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a pre-programmed computer board that makes me look like I've been riding since I was 3 (j/k), since I can't have that, I would say that you hit the nail on the head - a lighter, small board, with softer landings, and good control. I don't really need "girlie" graphics since I don't really care what graphics are on the board so long as it's not a naked guy or chic or something that cause my kids ride too.

If it came with a professional coach, that would be a bonus Laughing

Do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose.
Zara
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Aug 31, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I started wakeboarding it was almost impossible to find a board that was under 137, and wasn't a dead weight. Being 4'11" and 95 lbs that posed a litttle problem, no wonder I never really got into it until recently. I stuck with skateboarding.
Wakeboarding could certainly take a page out of skateboarding's book when it comes to girls vs. guys products. Its not about cheesy chick graphics or even features designed for gals. Its all about selection, and lots of it!
wAkeAnGeLj9
Criminal
Criminal

City: cHicAgo

PostPosted: Sep 02, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, "girl" boards come with the stigma of "it'll never give you what a 'guy' board can give you"... Even the renamed ones that are really a guy board just with grrl graphx. That just seems to be how it is (at least in my world and what i've been exposed to). {and all of those seem to be the easy-ridin boards anyhow}

As for me, I'd love my next board to be a HL Byerly so if there was a Byerly - named Byerly - with the option of mangrfx or WOmangrfx, i'd obviously choose the grrlie one. That just leads me to agree with Jumalian...
Quote:

With that said, there's no such thing as a "man's" or "woman's" board...just a wakeboard. No company makes wakeboards for men. They make wakeboards.

Side note: if you could add some BLING to it, that would be awesome! Cool

B-rad
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Dallas

PostPosted: Sep 03, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Joe in the respect that boards are not made for a guy or a girl. I would love to have a board that is lighter and lands softer. Everything is a compromise though when making a board. Adding more rocker makes a board slower in the water so you give it things like cupped rails to lock it in on edge. Shaping a board is a science and I think it's only getting better. Graphic wise, I think the boards are mainly geared towards a mass apeal of both sexes.

Caretaker of the offical AGB beer mug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
christy
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Raleigh, NC

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first board was a LF Nectar. I bought it because I loved the graphics. This was before I learned to wakeboard. I have graduated to a Belmont that's lighter, faster, has more pop, and edges much better, BUT wish it had the huge, bright, pink flower on it that my LF board does. Personally, I'd like to see more graphic designs for the ladies. I'll stick with Joe about board design not being gender based. So take whatever choice of board you prefer, Belmont, Premier, Byerly, whatever.... and have a choice of different graphics for that same board design. That would be cool.
wakejunkeygirl
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: saint petersburg florida

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zara, I feel ya, 4'11" and 100 pounds! I ride a 131...but If i could have any graphics i wanted, it would definately be Paul Frank..Julius of course, he's been my favorite monkey for the past 4 years!!!!

Remember : Paul Frank is your friend!
Mr. Green
Crash
Criminal
Criminal

City: Maple Ridge, BC, Canada

PostPosted: Sep 07, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Custom made board? What would you want? Reply with quote

Tiffanator wrote:
...women want a board that is lighter, smaller, with softer landings and good control...

Absolutely. I just bought a LF Diva and part of the reason I purchased it was those cited. I was riding a 2002 LF Evolution 138. I did not realize until I bought the Diva how important being lighter and smaller is. Good control is a must.

To me the graphics were important. LF also made another board called I believe the Luscious (it had seahorses on it). I prefer something a little less femine. After all, I would hazard a guess that most female boarders are a little more agressive than the average female and are not all that concerned that the board is pretty. As long as it isn't too masculine...and some definitely are. I personally do not want to be looking at skulls and crossbones or stuff like that when I am boarding.

What I like in a board comes down to a good combination of the right construction and good graphics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: