Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

what kind of wakeboard?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wake_chik_14

City: cali

PostPosted: Aug 22, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: what kind of wakeboard? Reply with quote

i am a beg. and im going to be taking lessons soon. im 14 yrs. old, 5'3", and weigh a little over 100 lbs. since im new at this i dont have a clue at what kind of board to buy. i want one that would be easy to ride and do tricks on, and it needs to be inexpensive(mother says so). please help me. thank you
x2xwakegurlx2x

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about inexpensive, but i think a Trip is a very good beginner board. Its a great board, and will still be a very good board as you progress. I suggest a Trip 133 for you. I started on that, and know many people who did and dont regret it.
Lucy
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 23, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inexpensive + decent board = oxymoron

Another one to try would be the Hyperlite Juvi 131 - I've ridden the Fluid 137 (same board only bigger) & it's real stable & predictable.
WaKeChiK29

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: what kind of wakeboard? Reply with quote

hey wake chik!

i'm a beg. too a i just started riding a few weeks ago. one thing i realized is that for some reason i dont ride well on liquid force boards. i prefer the Hyperlite Premier DNA 135(2003)...i'm about the same height and weight as you so the board would be fine. I highly recommend that board and the Hyperlite Premier Biolite 135(2003). These are the same boards just different colors and artwork. Since i started wakeboarding i've been using these boards but everytime i use liquid force boards for somer eason i dont ride as well as i want to. Maybe its just me or maybe its the board, im not sure. i hope this reply helps you out a bit.

xo0ox ttyl! Very Happy
wake_chik_14

City: cali

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! thx for the suggestions i appreciate it! have fun riding! Very Happy
Grace B.
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: OR/WA

PostPosted: Aug 24, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with a Hyperlite Juvi 131. This was my first board and I loved it. Its a great beginners board (easy to ride and do tricks on). Its a pretty decent price board too, well good luck board shopping Very Happy
leslisa
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Coast

PostPosted: Aug 26, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, decent + good price = last year's model (I think). I'm just starting and I'm using a Belmont 131. I love it. I demoed it and decided it was the one. I got a new 2002 one for $190 so maybe you can find a new 2002 or 2003 a little less expensive. Good luck!

Do what you love, love what you do, leave the world a better place and don't pick your nose.
cboarder00

City: FL!!

PostPosted: Aug 27, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey...im about 5'2 and 100 pounds too...and i have cwb, i wanted a blindside five-o, but i never got it...my board is 133 cm..but u could probably go to 131 or 135
njrider

City: NJ

PostPosted: Sep 12, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Im 5 2 and 110 and have the Essence 131, its perfect. Ive ridden LF 135, it slid too much and CWB think it was 134, it wasnt too bad. If you go with an old model, you can get a good deal with the adjustable bindings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: