Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Is this a good tower?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: East Texas

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 5:58 am    Post subject: Is this a good tower? Reply with quote

I'm selling my Joystick rollbar and getting a tower....is the big air tower a good one.....looks solid, if you have any comments on this one I would really appreciate it.....THANKS
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that pic didn't do right here is another....
OttoNP
Addict
Addict

City: MI

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about those, but my friend got his from the link below. The towers are only 1099.95 plus shipping, the board racks are also pretty reasonable. The top section comes off from the bottom section by removing four pins. We've been really happy with it, attached are pictures...

http://www.jgstools.com/

Also, how much are you selling the rollbar for?

Nick
________
R 51/3

Last edited by OttoNP on Mar 13, 2011 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
superlift97

City: West Point

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: big air pylon tower Reply with quote

I had one on my malibu sunsetter great tower took me about 8 to 10 hours to install it, but a very sturdy tower built for a lifetime
MackDaddyWake1
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Your girlfreinds panty drawer

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spend the xtra cash and get a Boss Tower
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otto, how hard was the tower you have to install, from what I can hear the big air is a total pain, you have to drill through stainless.....uuuhhhhh.....are holes predrilled or do you have to drill on the one you have? thanks......
OttoNP
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It actually wasn't very hard, we took pictures as we installed it. We added some extra plywood and fiberglass reinforcements as well.

Here's what we did:

First we planned on where we wanted the four mounts to connect to. Make sure you can get to the inside of where the mounts are, there is a backing plate with nuts on the inside. Then you have to measure the distance across, height difference, etc... for the tower company, they tell you all about it on their webpage. The cool thing about them is you can tell them how high you want the tower.

The tower comes in three pieces, the top, and the two sides. We put the top and sides together, connected the mounts, and then hung the tower up in the garage over the boat. We positioned the tower how we wanted it and marked the holes on the boats hull. The holes are predrilled in the mounts but you have to GASP...drill holes in your boat Shocked. It's just fiberglass though, so it isn't hard. If you talk to the tower company most people just attach the mounts with the included backing plates, then the tower's sides and top and your done. My friend wanted more reinforcement though so he cut some pieces of plywood to increase the contact area on the inside. Then, we coated the plywood with fiberglass stuff called kitty hair so it would conform to the shape of the inside. We then finished attaching the mounts before the fiberglass stuff dried.

Here is a picture of the mount from their webpage and the picture I posted with circles showing where the tower separates.

Nick
________
DIGITAL VAPORIZERS

Last edited by OttoNP on Mar 13, 2011 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, I think I'm gonna go with that tower......does it break down easily? the big air comes in 12 pieces and you have to drill a ton of holes....major pain in the @$$!!!!, I'd have to drink many beers to endure a 2 or 3 day project, when I get something I want it to work....like now....I have no patience.....especially paying that much mula for it......
GMILLER

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOSS TOWERS is the only way to go! QUALITY
OttoNP
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 05, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It breaks down easily though it doesn't fold down like some of the other towers out there. My friend also had them add some extra holes to run speaker wire through which worked out well, there are now four speakers attached to the tower. The tower is three pieces, the top, and the two sides. There are four pins right where I circled in red on my previous post. You pull out all four and the top tower completely detaches. I'm really picky about stuff, especially mechanical stuff for boats/cars and I was pretty impressed with this tower. Here are the pictures from our installation...

Nick
________
VERMONT MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited by OttoNP on Mar 13, 2011 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, I'm placing my order next week, the big air tower kinda looks funny anyway....right now eyefull has a special for 1100 you get a free rack.....

I'm sure that boss and titan and other name brands are awesome, but I'm putting this on a 15k i/o not a 42k mastercraft.....

Otto, why don't you and your buddy come down and install it for me!!! We'll provide the beer and plenty of southern hospitity, LOL, I'm lazy....I'm only interested in the finished product Laughing
Buergday

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riverfreak- How much do you want for the rollbar? Question
riverfreak
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$450, that comes with the mounts, everything you need and a wakedesigns board rack the mount has another space to put an additional pair of forks...... shipping should be around $50, here it is on my boat
OttoNP
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Feb 06, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...free beer, that's tempting, especially since we've been thinking about taking a trip to FL or TX to board, all the lakes are frozen here in MI. Unfortunitely I'm broke as joke, especially after going to Toronto last weekend. Plus, my next planned trips are to Atlanta, New York, Boston, DC, and Colorado...so many places...not enough money...
________
MARIJUANA STRAIN GREEN CRACK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: