Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

What are your feelings on different standards for pros?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizrd
Addict
Addict

City: Wonder Lake, IL

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: What are your feelings on different standards for pros? Reply with quote

What do other of you girls think about having different standards for the men and women's division? On one hand I am offended that "we" (meaning pro women) can do so well with fewer and less technical tricks. If you have watched the finals at the Malibu Open (?) the women were topping out with 360's and basic inverts while the men were throwing down 540s and higher with way more complex inverts. On the other hand I think it is great to have our own division so that at least "we" can get out there and get recognition. Girls, what is your opinion on it? Question
Clay

PostPosted: Aug 06, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BACK TO THE KITCHEN WOMAN...

lol just kiddin , just tryin to rile up a lil femanist anger

i think its ok...girls are soft Smile

krit
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have a problem with it. It is like that in other sports too, such as basketball/golf/football, etc. That is just how it is though, guys are just built different than us and you gotta live with it!
shanda
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Nampa

PostPosted: Aug 07, 2003 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, you can't have identical standards because you don't have identical competetors. As "we" are in the sport longer, those 360s will get bigger and the inverts will get more intense.... it's not about keeping up with the guys its about advancing "our" game and not comparing it to something unequal....
Fredrick Eisenhauer
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Australia, W.A

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2003 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen women pull of pete roses, whirlys and kgb's. But it is a bit unfair chicks can become pro with those skills. But i see how u mean women being umm being not stron enuf 2 do sum tricks dare i say.

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.... the day a guy can pop a 10lb kid out of their body is when you can treat both sexes as equal.
DNichole
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: San Luis Obispo, CA

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonlady8 wrote:
Well.... the day a guy can pop a 10lb kid out of their body is when you can treat both sexes as equal.

Hahaha... exactly!!

I think having different standards are ok... I say as long as the female aspect of the sport is progressing who cares!

*insert stupid comment here*
Clay

PostPosted: Aug 09, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonlady8 wrote:

thats not fair, we are physically incapable of doing that because we arent born with the equipment

im sure we would do that better than women too if we were able to

im sorry i just HATE when women bring that argument up...thats the only thing they have against men, and men cant come back becuase we cant give birth, but thats BS

make it so that men get that kinda equipment, and they will do that better too

the women should have their own catagory, with lower standards

silver girl
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: England

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2003 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragonlady8,
all true Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

WakeDiva
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Knox, TN

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

we are physically incapable of doing that because we arent born with the equipment

clay you ass! Evil or Very Mad well maybe if all women were born with huge biceps and we all were 200 lbs of muscle then maybe we would have the "equipment" to go as big as the guys do. I don't appreciate you coming on to the ladies forum and directly insulting women...that's not cool man..find something else to occupy your time...like maybe your left hand
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Clay

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

left hand, im not that good lol, righty is my old pal

lol im sorry i got a little outta hand but actually what you said is exactly what i mean...girls usually arent born with huge biceps and they usually arent 200lbs of muscle so they shouldnt have the same criteria as the men

i didnt mean to bash women, just to give support to my side "girls should have their own standards set lower than men" and if for some reason a girl exceeds the standards of the womens catagory so greatly that it is unfair, she should be able to move up to compete against the men

i love the ladies, dont get me wrong, i just dont think the birthin argument is fair

Dragonlady8

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO Clay ~ Did that lightbulb above your head just turned itself on ....That's the point we're making...

and even if you did have the capability to give birth to a kid...You COULD NEVER BE BETTER THAN A FEMALE because:

1) You couldn't handle the pain of childbirth ( I'm not talking C-Section either)
2) You would die from embarrassment when your friends make fun of your "Man-Boob"
3) You're too damn lazy to get up in the middle of the night to breastfeed.
Clay

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...couldnt handle the pain? are you saying women have a higher threshhold for pain then men?

on what basis did you make this assumption? pick something than men and women are both able to do that proves women have a higher pain tolerance

not everyone was tryin to say they should have lower standards, but i did, since my first post...

but, you cant say just because women give birth they have a higher pain tolerance...cuz you cant say that untill a man gives birth and you measure both of their pain tolerances, you cant say just because women give birth their tolerance is higher, cuz you cant measure the other side, how can you say one person can shoot better than the other if you only give one of them a gun?

stand up next to a guy your size, and have someone punch you both in the face and see who has a higher pain tolerance...

and the breast feeding thing...that doesnt have to do with birth, thats raising a child, thats a different story, there are so many single husbands that have to do that kind of thing every day, we talkin about givin birth...

Lizrd
Addict
Addict

City: Wonder Lake, IL

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - we are a little off topic here! Very Happy I am glad to hear others' opinions on the different standards for pro women and pro men. I agree that standards SHOULD be different due to our different abilities. I wonder if any girl will get to be strong enough and well versed enough to elect to compete against the men? This would be desirable because the men have more tour stops (sometimes) and higher prize money.

Just a bit of trivia... did you know that horse show jumping is the ONLY Olympic sport where men and women compete in the same contests against one another? I guess the thinking behind it is that the horse is the great equalizer and makes up half of the team.
Dragonlady8

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas (I think Indy or Kelowna) and Melissa Marquadt (Wakeskate in Irvine) ( sp) competed last year on the men's tour.
wakeBLONDIE136

City: Cali

PostPosted: Aug 10, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIZRD.....I totally agree with you on this. And even though the men and women do have different levels I think it is just how hard you work on a certain trick THEY should let the women move you though if they are good enough so they wont be like a big fish in a little pond. You know what Im saying. cuz I mean look at FROGGY Soven hes like almost 5 years younger then some of those guys out there. Hes gonna be really big one of these days. He totally has my resect.
NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that say women don't have the strength to pull complex, technical and huge tricks...have you seen Dallas ride lately Shocked
She could compete with the men at every stop and do well. IMO, right now, there isn't a female that goes bigger than her. The other ladies definetly need to step it up.

Clay

PostPosted: Aug 11, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats on, there are always exceptions

the majority of the women riders cant compete against the guys, but like i said if the girl is good enough to compete against the guys, let her try to play with them in their division

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: