Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

surface for slider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nate carpenter

City: lincoln, ne

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: surface for slider Reply with quote

does anyone know what i can use for the sliding surface on my slider besides pvc pipe. i'm making a flat bar slider and i want the surface also to be flat. can anyone help me?
Adam Greer
Addict
Addict

City: Camden, SC (clemson, SC during school)

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How big are you thinking? Go to home depot and check out the sythetic decking. It is flat and is 6in by 16ft. It should be around 20bucks. It is a little less slick then pvc so it is easier to slide. You have to support it though....good luck
Anything worth doing is worth getting hurt for....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
doinflipsdavis
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: SML VA

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've heard of a lot of poeple using the decking material. i've never slid anything with it on it but i heard it works great
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
skobi1
Addict
Addict

City: eugene, or

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have any r.v. dealers in your area check out a product called "filon" its a fiberglass material that is used on the side of rv's. i just put it on my kicker. its relatively cheap and can be purchased by the foot.check out this link i have pics of my kicker there, youll notice two different colors, that just because i had those scraps at the shop .

http://www.wakepics.com/member/SKOBI1
Jaybird

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the synthetic decking you are looking for is called Fiberon. Works great too! it's not too different then sliding on pvc. easy to build with, only downside is its expensive. if you want something besides pvc, fiberon works great!
Veddo
Criminal
Criminal

City: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Jan 18, 2003 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from the hardware store, saw something perfect.

We were getting plywood for the side of my slider and saw this 3mm plywood with a white plastic coating on one side. Comes in 2440x1220mm This stuff is very slippery. It was actually cheaper than plain 3mm ply as well. Apparently its used as cladding inside houses, you can get it in different colours, patterns and textures. its similar to that coated melamine table tops you can get.

I think we'll be using this stuff for our kicker top as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> General Wakeboarding Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: