Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Tower speaker wiring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coach_Mike

City: Chicago Area

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Tower speaker wiring Reply with quote

I've got a Skylon Swoop tower for my Malibu Sunscape 23LSV that I'll be installing when the weather breaks. Cool I also got some speakers recently that I'd like to be able to hook up on the tower and wire so that I can have sound coming from just the tower.

The current stereo system has six speakers - four are wired in parallel for the front channel and two are at the base of the back seat on the rear channel - all wired to a four channel 200 Watt JVC amp. Wink

I'm thinking that if I can wire in a speaker selector switch between the two speakers on the rear channel and the two new tower speakers that I should be able to isolate the tower speakers with the switch and the stereo fade control. Confused

Any thoughts comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Very Happy

Coach_Mike

City: Chicago Area

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2003 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of viewers, but no feedback comments ... anybody got any ideas on the best way to isolate the tower speakers without going to a seperate amp, etc. to keep the cost down? Wink
Geoff Standish
Addict
Addict

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you kinda answered your question in you post. Just hook up your towers to either the front or rear channels on your amp. Use the fade to control volume on the towers. I'm not sure what head unit you are running but you could use the 4 channels coming off that to power your speakers in the boat. I imagine you are running 4 speakers in the main part of the boat and 2 bow speakers? So use the 4 channels coming off the deck for the main boat speakers and use the remaining 2 channels of the amp for your bow speakers. Mind you when you have the towers all the way off 2 speakers in your boat will be off too.

To combat that you could wire your speakers in parallel again. Use the remaining 2 channels on the amp to do this. And use 2 channels on your head unit. Just make sure they aren't the channels you are running the tower speakers off of.

I think it would be best to spring for a new amp. It makes things so much easier....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: