Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

kampus or 4 trac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: rowlet, tx.

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: kampus or 4 trac Reply with quote

im still trying to decide wether or not to get a kampus skate or the 4 trac i really want the 4 trac cause i wanna start sliding this summer but i also want the kampus cause ive heard really good things what do ya think anyboady riden either one
Dave Barousse
Addict
Addict

City: Eugene

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both right now, but I haven't had the opportunity to ride the Kampus yet. I'll have a full review of the Kampus deck on Wakeskating.com as soon as I get a chance to ride it.

Below is a link to the 4-Track review:

Review Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Blue Springs, MO

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-
Do you think you could also put up a trick tips of how to do one-footed butterslides if you have time? i want to try them this summer.

also i like the profile picture of yours. how much did you slide on yours? has it held up pretty well? i have that same one and i want to use it when the cable park opens up so i don't have to get my new one scratched up
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know about a one footed butter slide but i know i can do a one footer for like 3 or 4 sec. there not really that hard. I learned it on an indo board. they really help out alot especillay when u get that craving to wakeboard during the offseason.
Dave Barousse
Addict
Addict

City: Eugene

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,
I slid that skate for a while before it broke. We use synthetic wood for our sliding surface on our sliders, so if you are sliding on PVC, then it may actually hold up even longer.

Adding more trick tips is definitely a goal of mine this summer. I wish I could do it now, but I don't have any video footage or pictures. The best I can do is attach the picture below. But there will be more trick tips once the temperature gets above freezing!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website AIM Address
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jan 30, 2003 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have they been selling or showing the kampus skates at boat shows or does that all depened on the shops that are gonna be there
David Legler
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Blue Springs, MO

PostPosted: Feb 03, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave-
thats a pretty sweet pic. of the one-footer. do you do them with your fins on?
dyost
Criminal
Criminal

City: Peoria

PostPosted: Mar 19, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm also looking at a new skate. Can't decide if I want the 4 Trac or not. I can get one here in OZ for about $150 US. It's used and I haven't seen it yet, but supposed to be in really good shape. I've never been on sliders but would love to try. I can ride the cable in Bli Bli here and when I'm home I'll be on the same park as Legler in KC. Does this deck ride well otherwise or is it just for sliding? I'm working on shuvits and wake to wake right now. Also another question, do the extra holes in the deck cause it to waterlog? Im sure they're sealed and all but if you reconfigure your fins a lot woudn't the sealant scrape away and expose the wood? You guys that ride them please reply - do they hold up or should I look into a 3D Pro?
jibn-it-all
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: apopka

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2003 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been looking at the four track every time i go to performance and the paint on there is something new. there is no way water is dona get through it. and it feels so perfect for slide. its also a great all around board.

CASSETTE : surviving the corse of timeand teknology
butter: so smooth, bi-level mofo
Butta Seeka
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Mar 20, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made this post a long time ago, but im geting the 4trac in like two weeks so ill tell u how it is, go to www.wakeskating.com they have a reveiw of the board
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeskating All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: