Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Connecticut and Lake Zoar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctgretzky99
Addict
Addict

City: somewhere southwest CT

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Connecticut and Lake Zoar Reply with quote

SO yesterday it ended up being nice out at around 2, and all of my friends had plans, so couldnt get out with my boat, nor get a pull Sad

I would love to exchange numbers with anyone in the area. I can pull off my boat (Lake Zoar) or if you need a 3rd or 4th or whatever, will come to you. I can get out of work pretty often, so weekdays are fine too.

PM me with cell phone numbers or post here.

Thanks!

Bill

JeffreyCH
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Lincoln

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn wish I lived close, I love riding during the week. Almost had that happen Sat. didn't get to go out till almost 7.
ctgretzky99
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 15, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffreyCH wrote:
Damn wish I lived close, I love riding during the week. Almost had that happen Sat. didn't get to go out till almost 7.
Yea, riding during the week is my favorite. There will be maybe 1 or 2 other boarders out, no other traffic.

Trust me, wish many of you lived closer! CT is awesome, but not in a wakboarding sense.

captcrunch

PostPosted: Aug 16, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo man im in New fairfield on Squantz pond (always butter) so im always down to ride, skate, and surf
ctgretzky99
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Aug 17, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far this summer, its been tough to get new riders out there with us. On some days, my wife nd I want to just go out by ourselves, and then other times, we have had 3+ riders. Anymore than 4 people in a boat kinda sucks with available time on the water...a run of 20 minutes each means youre only in the water every hour and 15 minutes tops with changing riders out, hanging out etc...

So I apologize, so far this year we have had plenty of people already whereas last year we were looking for people. Lost of friends have taken this sport up (even bought boats!) and friends of mine who board have friends take it up as well.

This saturday, we had a total of 9 people who wakeboard wanting to go out. Its great, dont get me wrong, but it would be cool to meet some of you. As well, since many of these friends now own boats, they have who they want to take out whereas again, last year there were only a couple of us with boats and towers.

Im trying guys, I really am to get some of you out with us.

AbunDiga909
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: New York

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this bill with the red xstar? if so then i think we've been riding before

How was your summer? im away at school now but generally speaking we were out on Lilli 4-5 days a week...

Standards only limit innovation and creativity.

I Nautique, therefore I am.
ctgretzky99
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sorry, I have a blue and white Sea Ray 205 sport.

The red xstar that I know of on lake zoar's name is Bill though. They have the air chair and 10 other boards and stuff on the boat. Saw him out Monday afternoon. Dont know him personally but through a guy Joe C who rides with him sometimes, and Ive met him a couple of times for a few minutes.

AbunDiga909
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: New York

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh gotcha. ya ive only been out w him once and that was through a friend also. i skyski as well but i dont think he was doing it when i rode with him.

do you have a place on the lake? if so, where.

Standards only limit innovation and creativity.

I Nautique, therefore I am.
ctgretzky99
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Sep 23, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I only live a mile or so from the ramp, which is awesome because it is town residents only, and we're a small town. So it is literally 10 minutes from the time I begin to hook the boat to the trailer until I am on a board riding.

Just got back in from a late afternoon run on my buddy Matt's boat (yellow 2006 sea ray sport 205 with monster tower) and a quick dinner after.

I have to tell you though, when we were out, there was a kid, about 12 yrs old (?) riding behind a blue xstar that was INSANE> Holy chit. He was thorwing down 7's, all sorts of inverts and insane grabs.

I have to say, I am going to have to update the thread about "what is the wake scene on your lake" because over this summer, there are more and more excellent riders.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Find a Pull All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: