Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

ILLINOIS Rider's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakbord11
Criminal
Criminal

City: champaign

PostPosted: Jun 16, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kennethl"]my favorite color combo too ...white hull and deck with a bright red stripe down the side.

=)[/quot
hmmmmm sounds familiar Smile
kennethl
Addict
Addict

City: Champaign

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have spoken too soon. They looked at my credit, saw $$ and now their jackin with the price and lowered my trade in value by 1k.

..the boat they "found" has a bunch of really expensive options I really dont want.. binding blaster ..mega huge stereo, showers, walkway jumpseat ect..

(dealer.)
oh whats 5 grand.. its not like you can't afford it..

(Ken thinking)
Gosh, does that boat come complete with reach around!

why dont we just go ahead and add in another 2k into the deal for the visit I'll be needing to the proctologist.

(dealer)
Of course we'll need you to come up here this weekend and sign the paperwork.. We dont have any instock so you wont be able to see an X-2 before you buy the boat or ride behind one.

(Ken thinking)
So far Mastercraft is an evil Cartman crack smoker compared to Rockford Marine Correct Craft.

(Ken says to dealer) I'll have to discuss this with my wife and get back to you.

(Ken thinking) I need time to look for my brass knuckles and Rockford Marine's ph number

Last edited by kennethl on Jun 17, 2005 7:53 am; edited 2 times in total
wakepics
Addict
Addict

City: Bourbonnais...

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...I had a feeling it might be too good to be true....Keep us posted!

Please no reach arounds! Shocked

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 7..

they are jumping threw hoops trying to borrow a customers boat so we have something to look at and get a pull.

I asked them three times to set aside their claim that we belong to their region and let us buy our boat out of Indy since the Indy dealer is willing to give us what we were originally quoted on our trade. They offered to split the difference.. Angie gunned it down with a vengence and took a piece of my butt with it for playing along. Embarassed

They have to "work the numbers again" but looks like were gonna walk because of princepls.

guess I'd better get used to the idea of a blue X-2 from Indy or a SAN
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 8..

Looks like we worked out price and they have found a customers 05 that we can check out so its all back on as long as Angie likes the wake
(round 9) and the boat is what we expected at delivery in a week (10).
wakbord11
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt buying a new boat fun??? ha i hate salespeople!!
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ken sounds like fun Rolling Eyes I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever been so pumped up about something you know your only going to be disappointed when you see it because there is no way possible it could live up to your expectations once you see it first hand?

Last edited by kennethl on Jun 20, 2005 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then (in this case the X-2) turn out better then you could have ever imagined?

I think I can express this best in geek speak

4Ken, X-2 = WOW^10

Angie was so worked up she didn't sleep last night.

we take delivery next Sat.

1 guess where we'll be Sunday
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET It told you you'd LOVE the wake Very Happy Hummm I think I might need to do a road trip on Sunday.... Wink

What's the colors on the boat?

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colors

clip_image003.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  32.05 KB
 Viewed:  19502 Time(s)

clip_image002.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  31.34 KB
 Viewed:  19502 Time(s)

NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, I'm Neil, met you for a minute on Sunday, I had the white 21V. Mark will take care of you and I'm glad Tim could bring his boat out for you to see.

Be sure to make it to some of our events this year so we can check out the new ride! http://www.midwestmilita.net

Take care.

wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken SWEET!!!!!! Can't wait to see it Cool

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Neil!

That's one nice boat. If I was ordering I would have gone all white like yours. Very classy. We both took notice right away, wish I could get the grab rail around the platform on the mastercrafts.

Super impressed with how incredibly nice everyone was. You've got a really great crew.

When you see Tim again please extend my apologies. I brought gas money for him but my wife spent it on lunch at the Broken Prop without my knowledge.. All I had for him was a 6 of imports Embarassed We owe him and his wife big time. Seeing and riding his boat was the difference between no deal v.s where do I sign.
NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll send the compliment out to the crew.

I'll let Tim know. I think he likes beer over gas money anyway! He said he was happy to demo for you guys, so don't sweat it.

Take it easy...and congrats again.

midwest_militia
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Ottawa

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, now I know why you looked familiar, its all coming together now - I seen the pics up here from when you bought the Calabria. I check out this forum every now and then. As far as the Gas Money Goes - Neil summed it up, - We were just happy to take you guys out and even happier you are going to be a proud new owner. You wont be disappointed, they will take care of you at Chicago MC. If not they'll have to deal with me Razz. Well it was nice meeting you and your wife and daughter and we'll have to come down there and ride sometime.

Lata
Tim D

wakbord11
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 20, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet-ass ride ken. cant wait to ride behind it Smile
Dutch
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 22, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennethl, nice boat. You're going to love it and Chicago MasterCraft are great people to deal with.
midwest_militia
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, were you able to get out this Sunday Ken??
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I thought Sunday was never going to get here.

Picked her up Sat at Fox lake. Driveing the tollway's at noon pulling a boat really sucks @ss. I was looking for Johnny Walker as soon as I hit our driveway =)

The wakeboarding gods must have been anticipating our arrival Sunday because the entire lake was glass. not even a ripple, until we got on it.

The X2 is a rocket with the 350hp mcx and throttle by wire.. 0-35 in oops do we still have a boarder back there? are both arms still attached?

We were trying really hard to keep it under 3000 rmp.. the throttle takes a really delicate touch.

The tower just barely fits in the garage. We had to let some air out of the tires. We poored some Champagne over the bow after it fit in the garage. big relief.

soo nice. I'm really looking forward to using the ballast.
midwest_militia
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear it fit in your garage! We are still getting used the the throttle by wire, its touchy especially with the Mastercraft Wakeboard Pro (or whatever they call it). You get the rider up and it picks up speed so fast it takes a little while to slow them back down, it takes a while to get the feel of where the cruise kicks in without pulling your rider at 29mph for a few seconds. Once you get them to speed though it holds great, even on D-Ups and turns.
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you run with any extra weight in your boat? I've seen some posts where people kinda go crazy.
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken Glad to hear all went well with the boat! When going to hit the water with it? I was in KY this weekend...I'm done drivng down there time to ride as much as possible. I've got no plans...Hint Hint...till MWWF Wink

E

www.doyoucarve.com
midwest_militia
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I dont see any need to put any extra weight in. Some people do go crazy, but everything I learned was behind a regular inboard wake, so its plenty for me, and I like to be able to just hit 3 switches instead of worrying about filling fat sacs and taking up my storage. If you ride with 4 people all of the time you should have all the wake you need with this boat. I took this pic of the "Militia Series" Laughing X2 the other day, if you're going to wakefest you'll prolly see us.....

boat_small.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  90.53 KB
 Viewed:  19407 Time(s)

kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitly like the looks of the black swoosh on your interior better then the red on mine. If the wife will let me I'm going to pull the orange parts of the hull sticker. I think it might look better with just a hull solid color in that section.

Riding behind yours with factory ballast was plenty big, best pop and wake I've ever been on. We both thought it was better then the SAN 210. I 've read a few post where folks are adding like 1800 over factory Shocked We've gotten over the 6 hour mark so I'm thinking its time for factory ballast. When did you start running ballast?

Wakepics. No more Kentucky trips? You and the bf split up? Were planning to get out Wed AND Friday evening. This weekend Sat, Sun, Mon very early am, and come in by 11am. We were a little slow coming off the lake last Sunday and it was 100% ramp follies at the docks. I might have a friend coming in Sat, Sun, Mon. I dont know if he's bringing someone with him so space might be limited. Will find out and let you know for sure about the long weekend.
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Kankakee,IL

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Ken! Looks good.

"Face it,you f--ked up you trusted us!!!"--animal house.

"Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way??"--Rodney dangerfeild-caddyshack.
midwest_militia
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, to answer your question above, I pulled a couple people at 8 hours (supposed to wait till 10) then once I got 10 on I started filling the ballast.
lowdrag
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new boat Ken.

We made it out Saturday. Water was great and we didn't have any problem finding a place to ride up until about 1:30. After that we hung out for a while and about 3:30 or 4 it was calm enough to hit it again. I'm hoping this will be a new trend for the lake this year, but I'm not holding my breath.
wakbord11
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lowdrag,,,,i was out saturday,,never saw ya. u still have the red mobius?? it got crowded as hell saturday afternoon. i pulled out around 1 or 1:30
lowdrag
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 28, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, still have the red mobius. I don't see that changing for quite a while, especially since we just bought a lot and plan on building in a few years. At least after that happens, I'll have enough garage space to keep all my toys.

We got out a little after 9 and went down by the power plant until about 1:30. I'm starting to think that if the weather stays as hot as it is we may start thinking about heading over in the middle of the afternoon and leaving when it starts getting dark.
stuck_in_1982

City: Chicago

PostPosted: Jul 08, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I just registered, but I've been reading the board for about a year.

anyway, I saw this thread about Illinois riders and thought I'd ask for a pull. I live in chicago but I can drive anywhere around the state. I would love to throw in cash for gas and I can bring beers/drinks for anyone who would want to let me on their boat.

I have a little experience riding but I'm still learning a lot of the basics. I would love to meet some of you and get some advice and maybe learn some tricks. I can help out at the launch and help you clean your boat at the end of the day. send me a PM if this sounds cool.

thanks!

lowdrag
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be more than happy to teach you how to fall, crash, wipeout or otherwise injure yourself. I'm an expert in any one of those categories.

Welcome to the thread.
do0dfromcali

PostPosted: Jul 09, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Just discovered this forum and saw the illinois section. I am up in Northern Suburbs. Have a cottage in South Haven, MI with a boat.

I wakeboared a little when I was in cali, but havent done it here in illinois. Lookin to get back into it and so far this site is awesome. I am thinking next season I will be going at it full fledged. I just need to find a wakeboard setup that is right for me.

I'll be hanging around here though.

Mike
indianawake
Criminal
Criminal

City: Terre Haute

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: wake up Reply with quote

Anyone wanna meet up for some ridin, email me at hyperlite@ma.rr.com. Or my cell is NEXTEL 812-242-0354. From the Terre Haute area, gotta boat with tower, Fat Sacks and jammin stereo. I have been all over riding in the Midwest for about 4 years and looking for more people to push the Sport Of WAKEBOARDING around here. I can travel about an hour or two from Terre Haute if people help with gas money. LaterZ
Web Site At:
www.indianawake.com
indianawake@aim.com
Lake Cumberland Rocks every holiday
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wake Force One
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Aug 19, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any riders out there want to get together? I have a boat and a pylon, bayliner so no real wakeboard boat. Also, will kick in gas money and help clean up if i can get a pull on a real wakeboard boat!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Find a Pull All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Add To Favorites

Jump to: