Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

ILLINOIS Rider's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakepics
Addict
Addict

City: Bourbonnais...

PostPosted: Oct 19, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so we got to ride on Sunday...Oh so beautiful...We missed you Ken! Totall and I were all alone and had to go boat hoeing to find a third! I guess it helps I'm cute... Laughing Laughing

CONGRADULATIONS TO TOTALL FOR HIS GATOR...is that how you spell it?

HYCO Lake here we come!

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

City: Champaign

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ws thinking bout you guys. When I talked to Totall on Friday he said that you already had 4 and I was having lots of trouble finding a sitter... How was the water temp?

K
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET the water temp wasn't bad....Totall rode with no wet suit! You go boy! Wink
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Kankakee,IL

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2003 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GATOR....What the hell is a gator ?? Shocked
OH, thats those big lizards in florida you make suitcases out of.

It's called a Gainer Laughing Laughing

Later TOTALL

"Face it,you f--ked up you trusted us!!!"--animal house.

"Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way??"--Rodney dangerfeild-caddyshack.
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 20, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Dude sorry....can't stop laughing.....

CONGRADUALTIONS!

HYCO here we come....watch out! Mr. Green

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did you go to Hyco? how was it?

K
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet...this weekend we leave Thursday after work...sick on Friday! We ride and party Friday and Sat then hit the rode on Sunday!

Ken how's the boat coming along??? Any word? We didn't ride this weekend cause we are saving for Hyco. But we will ride again if it's about 50 and sunny is the rule! Wink

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new boat was lake tested at the factory today. They test without the interior installed cause its easier to see and fix. Now it goes in for the upholstery & carpet and should be done by the end of this week. If the trailer is there & painted it will ship.

Hyco ..long way to go for a pull.. but I guess were planning a spring break trip w the new boat to Texas, Alabama
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEEEEEEEET!!! Laughing Very Happy

"Hey baby want to make fourteen dollars the hard way??"--Rodney dangerfeild-caddyshack.
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 27, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: NEW BOAT Reply with quote

Ken that's so SWEET....you have got to be so stoked! Can't wait to see the new boat and of course get a pull behind it...so are we riding in NOV??? I"m game Laughing

Don't worry Ken I'll take lots of pics from hyco...so when is Spring Break?

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Oct 31, 2003 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Factory pics of the new boat! Almost done Cool

[img]

DSCN0305.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  115 KB
 Viewed:  13840 Time(s)

DSCN0306.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  51.6 KB

DSCN0303.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  58.37 KB

DSCN0304.JPG

Description:
 Filesize:  54.31 KB

wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K she sure is a pretty boat...when we taking her out?

HYCO was a blast...too much fun to talk about I finally jumped W2W on the X2...it's on video so....

We have to ride when you get the boat in...lot's of pictures to share I'll be posting them soon!

E

www.doyoucarve.com
thepizzacritic
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: HOWELL / BRIGHTON

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys. I don't mean to listen in on your conversation. but I see that you are getting a new boat. Congrats! what kind of boat is it ?
we sold our malibu last month and ordered a b-52 for next year. it's going to be a long winter waiting to ride the thing. ..
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 03, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! Kennethl, Nice boat that thing is going to be sweet.
You have to go to Hyco next year it ROCKED!!!! Guy's were going HUGE!!!
If anybody has the chance to see Geno Yauchler ride in person do it, the guy is insane.Right Wakepics.Man am I sore from all the riding!! Can't wait till easter at Hyco.

lowdrag
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp looking boat! Only problem I can see is that it looks like next year we're going to have to recruit a lot of people. Sounds like we've got too many boats and not enough riders. What a problem to have, huh?
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my God...I never thought that would ever be a problem....Well I guess that just means more RIDING for us!

Hyco was so off the hook...tons of great riders! Easter is next who's in? I'd like to post some pics but they are too big how can I re-size them to get them on here?

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepizzacritic, Hi, Its a Calabria Pro V. Congrats on the B52, I here they have a massive ballast and huge wake. Where are you located?

TOTALL,Thanks, were looking forward to it. We can prob do easter.

I've been talking to a couple folks down in Austin. They have a huge lake about an hour out of town. The guys I spoke with said that they can get away with suits only or shortties in March. Angie and I were thinking of draggin the boat down there. If we can get up enough interest we found condos on the water w/boat slip that sleep 6 for $800 a week. If the $$ are a prob they have reallly nice campgrounds for $15 a day.

lowdrag, Finding people is easy. I know a bunch of freeloaders that will take 5, 20 min pulls and not throw you a dime for gas, but that is a whole nother story Sad personlly, I'd rather just have 3 then deal with that.. like wakepics said. more riding for us!

wakepics, I dont know how much riding we will get in this season on the new boat but were sure gonna try. It has a 20 hour break in and its not reccomended that we use the ballast during breakin Crying or Very sad I've even seen posts where pep's say you shouldnt even pull a rider. My mechanic said thats bs, & if it were the case you couldnt put more then two people in the boat either. Rolling Eyes I was told if we take a run using the perfect pass we should turn around and take a crusie at varying speeds.. I doubt I will be able to wait until next year to at least try the ballast Exclamation After 50 hours, I've already spec'd out an additional 1000 lbs ballast system that will bring it to 2200 lbs total. Should be sweet.

ps. congrats on going WtW! we knew it would happen soon!

Last edited by kennethl on Nov 04, 2003 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
thepizzacritic
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennethl, Where is the factory that is making your boat ? that boat looks great. How do they fill the tanks in 45 seconds? that is one of the few boats i couldn't test ride. I was able to ride the 04 xstar, 04 wakesetter, the avalanche, and the b52. the ballast tanks are big and take like 10 minutes to fill. 1600 lbs of water. and i'm going to use an extra 500 lbs of shot bags in the boat as well. for 2100 total

We are in Michigan 1/2 way between lansing and detroit (howell) we usually have 2 or 3 boats to choose from. so if you guys are even in the area 30 minutes from michigan state let me know.

have you ridin' the prov yet ? test run?
TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kennethl,I don't need no stinking ballast,I'm on a hydrofoil(and you will be soon to) lets go ride!!!! Laughing Laughing I want to ride all winter even if we have to break the ice.I'm so pumped after Hyco!!!

Not only did wakepics go W2W, she rode in a hula skirt HOT,HOT,HOT and I've got it on video!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOTALL, a hula skirt? guess were going to have to change her name from Wakepics to LiLo. Video huh, maybe we need to post it Wink We need to get you a full suit or dry. I think Angie and I might buy a pair when we pick up the boat if the dealer will give us a break. Oh, were picking it up on Friday the 14th. We will have Sat & Sun to get it properly broke in!

thepizzacritic, Calabria's have two, large below the waterline & in floor ballast tanks. They have 3" valves installed in the hull, 2 in the forward midsection, 2 aft. To fill, all open and it floods the tanks in 45 seconds. to drain the aft 2 open while underway and out it goes. Its pretty cool. you can actually feel the boat sink while they fill. I'm surprised you passed on the 04 LSV having already been a bu owner. I looked hard at them. 04 xstar... thats like 90k isnt it?
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we ride again! Yeah Ken I rode in my hula skirt grass and all! Can't wait to see the video. Almost lost my top...didn't have my vest on.

Okay I need to work on Sat but I'm game for Sunday where and what time??? I have ton's of pics need to size them down to post them. Ken I've got some of you on the Sky ski. Looks good Colorful

E

www.doyoucarve.com
thepizzacritic
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 05, 2003 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kennethl
X-STAR Wake had a very long transition and not enough kick at the top of the wake. Very nice and solid though. Interior is awesome on that boat and the pickle fork nose really stands out.
WAKESETTER VLX Wake had a quick transition and was too steep especially with the wedge deployed. with out the wedge the wake was much better. I got more air without the wedge. Can’t fit a board in the trunk.
B-52 I liked this wake the best. A perfect transition not too long and not too steep. With only 2 ppl on the boat and factory ballast full the wakes are huge. This was also the only boat we tried out that had the ballast tanks below the floor. The trunk space is huge I’m 6’ and I can fit inside each compartment.

I was really excited to ride the 04 xstar we got to ride with shane b. the dealer had a promo going on for the boats and they brought the pro out. shane was cool as hell and the boat was killer, but i just didn't like the wake. and the base price on that thing is 65K !!. so needless to say i probably wouldn't have been able to get it anyhow.

We really wanted to buy another Malibu, the dealer here is great and we liked our first boat a lot. Out here malibus are all over the place and I kinda wanted something different anyhow. They (Malibu dealer) were saying that if and when I go to sell the boat that I might have a tough time ‘cause no one has heard of MB and that malibus are so popular that they are easier to sell…I know malibus are more popular but I don’t think that will matter to someone that really looks into the boats.

anyhow I think I'm in the topic. . isn't this ill riders ?.. lol but you asked.

You’re picking up your boat soon huh? you have to post some pics I want to see it completed.
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 06, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepizzacritic- Gee I've been on all those boats but I think My fav. Is a Super Air Nautique...what a GREAT Wake! Although I do love the Mastercraft X2...that's the one I did my W2W on for the first time!

So I have all morning on Monday off till 1pm then I have parent/teacher confrences and all day Tue off Vet. Day off Anyone want to RIDE???? I miss it so much and it's only been a week....but what a week!

Anyone....Anyone????

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 06, 2003 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAN, the most expensive boat thats made with a chopper gun, personaly I follow the hand made hull construction methods. when you get one, I'd sure like to give it a ride. JD Powers gave it a perfect score...For the same $$, sometime after winning the Lotto I think I'd have to go with the new xstar, I like big boats.. (I like big boats.. sounds like a rap song I once heard Very Happy )

Pizza, you know the bu dealer is going to say what ever it takes to make you change your mind. Take a look on boattrader.com and count the number of Malibu's.. There is your competition selling a preowned bu. A serious boat buyer & boarder will know all about a B52, It just isn't going to appeal to the Grandma & Grandpaw day crusiers. So are you getting the flame gelcoat?

Last edited by kennethl on Nov 06, 2003 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
thepizzacritic
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 06, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

wakepics that’s awesome you are getting w2w hopefully my wife will get ‘em down next season. I know she can do it she’s just scared to fall hard. I made her promise to try hard b4 we ordered a new boat :-] lol..I only got to try out the ’04 xstar , I wanted to try the x2 but the dealer didn’t ever call me back. they had a nice one in stock to. I didn’t like the trunk space on the x2 either. but when I rode the 52’s wake I fell in love right away. for me it’s perfect. I think most of the boats out there are great it all just comes down to what fits you best, ya know.

kennethl yup we’re getting the flame gel coat graphics. I have to admit it’s not really my style and we almost ordered a solid color boat black. but I figure this way we’ll be different. it’s black flames in the front half with a silver / light grey in the back. my truck is silver and black and we matched it as best as possible. the trailer has alum. rims and they are close to the factory wheels on the truck also.
Do you know if CAL boats and MB are related companies? I thought I heard something about that somewhere.

Have you guys ever gone to a wakeboard camp in FL or anything ?
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 06, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepizzacritic Sweet sounding boat! I rode the B54 at Boot camp...not sure how I liked it...Okay not a bad wake when it's full.

As for Florida...not yet. Made some great friends last weekend at Hyco who live not too far. Plan on visiting them over X-Mass break. Do ever got to the Wakeboarding fest in the MidWest? They are a Blast!

As for your wife going W2W...it takes a lot of faceplants and hard falls, but get a helmet it helps. I really took a beating doing it but the pay off it GREAT! This is my first Summer too to ride!

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 06, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just talked to the factory.. boats being held up waiting for the trailer.. me still might make it for next weekend.

Yup like wakepics said, helmets really help,

Black flames should be off the chart with a black truck! I've never been to a camp. I've looked into a few.. They can be a little pricy, 1k per person for an all inclusive 5 day. I priced one "a la carte" and they charge $75 for a 20 min pull.. alitte expensive for us after just laying down a load on a new boat.
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so what's up for this weekend? Ken are you getting your boat??? Should Troy and I head to rockford or just meet you at Clinton Lake? Sunday is the day I could meet you if your ready to take that beautiful boat out....

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 10, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know.. I wish I had an answer for you. The trailer arrived today and the factory had to really push the supplier to get it as soon as they did. The factory and the folks at Rockford Marine are really trying hard to get it here. I think I had 4 phone calls and like 6 e-mails about it just today. It ships Wednesday morning. We can hope for a Saturday delivery. I don't know if Rockford Marine is open on Sunday but it might be an option. It really gets down to the truck driver and the number of stops he has to make between here and the factory Neutral
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 11, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Ken I will keep my fingers crossed for you...I know how excited you must be getting. Don't worry though we have all summer! Very Happy If anything chages let me know and we'll be happy to help you out!
E

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 13, 2003 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well were taking delivery on Sunday. It looks like most of the day is going to be spent going over paperwork/manualls/maint schedules witha dealer orientation ride. Not much time for real boarding.

If we can get three I could push off a business trip by a day and maybe make Monday sick day (new boat virus.. latin name CompulsiveInfectiousAquiasSporticus fever).
wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 13, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWEET Ken that sounds like fun! Congradualtions....can't wait to catch a pull!

E

www.doyoucarve.com
kennethl
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Pro V Has Landed!!!!! Reply with quote

Picked it up late yesterday. On the water with dry suits by 11 today. We have a dry suit that would probably even fit Troy. Ken was intimmidated by the wake. Wow what a ride. Can't wait to go again. Here is a pick!!!!

Ang

[/img]

Pro-V-is-here.gif

Description:
 Filesize:  195.49 KB
 Viewed:  13682 Time(s)

TOTALL
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOOOOHHHHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Lets go,Lets go I'm ready,Wakepics has to work saturday But,she is in for sunday.Kennethl I got your message and I'm in for the weekend sat or sun don't matter.I wish I could have called in sick today and gone with you guys.How was the water??.

What a good looking boat!!!

The only thing that would make that boat look better would be a sky ski hanging off the tower---The colors would match Twisted Evil Razz Twisted Evil

wakepics
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!!! What a SWEET boat....I told you the wake was pretty! Can't wait to see you guys behind the boat....and of cours me and Troy! Congradulations again....I've got gas $$$$

E

www.doyoucarve.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Find a Pull All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Add To Favorites

Jump to: