Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Air Boom Towers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swilly
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Eugene

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Air Boom Towers Reply with quote

The local ski/wake shop said that the Air Boom Aireal 3D towers are really popular but I've never heard of them. Anybody ever see one in person, use one, ridden behind one?

They are going for $1750 and they will install for $200.

What do you guys think? They also come stock in 10 different colors!

Airboom.com

PS - The website kinda sux
Zack_Attack
Addict
Addict

City: Corbin, Kentucky

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one on a Cobalt last year. Loved it, mine was red. I never had any problems out of it. I also didn't have them install it. I ordered it directly from the company and had my dad's dealership install it. It was a sweet tower and I love the way it looked. I am rid of the boat now, so I can't give you any long term reviews but for the season that I used it, it was a great tower. And Airboom's accessories are awesome too. They make some of the most kick-ass stuff out there.
swilly
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the tower rattle or make any sort of ordinary noise? Can you compare this to any other tower that you have ridden behind?

My choices are narrowed down to:

Monster Tower - monstertower.com
Big Air Pylons - bigairpylongs.com
Air Boom Aireal 3D - airboom.com

Anybody's experience and opinions would be great!
Zack_Attack
Addict
Addict

City: Corbin, Kentucky

PostPosted: Jan 23, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't ridden behind either one of the other two. I can tell you this. I did have a rattling problem at the top of my tower, but come to find out it just hadn't been tightened all the way. I took some liquid screw stuff and it fixed it no prob. l was between the monster or the Airboom. I didn't do the Monster because of the look and the Airboom I could get red and I really liked it. I had planned on Accessorizing mine (although I never did) and like I said I think their acc. are awesome.
E.J.
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Mogadishu

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had an Air Boom tower on my last boat, though not the model you are looking at. Have a friend who has a Air Boom tower on his Calabria. Neither of us had any issues. Air Boom is also great to work with. I talked with Ron's wife on the phone and e-mail back and forth for what seemed like 2 days trying to get all my questions answered and an issue resolved with the local distributor. CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS GREAT.

I would not hesitate recommending their Company, though have no experience with that tower. We both had an older model tower that is not even offered now(same look as the 3D, just not as rounded).
swilly
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I think I'm going to go with the Airboom tower! Won't be until this spring but I'll keep you guys posted on performance!
watsoc
Addict
Addict

City: Anthem

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an AirBoom tower but it is the older model and it has been a great tower for me. Never had any problems (noise, vibration, etc.) with it and it folds down nice for when I store my boat in the garage. Monster makes a great tower as well and the owner is a regular user on this site. Either way you probably can't go wrong. Here is a quick pic of the older version of their tower on my ride. Late.

ek_1.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  34.55 KB
 Viewed:  5249 Time(s)

watsonsride.jpg

Description:
 Filesize:  97.29 KB
 Viewed:  5249 Time(s)

swilly
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

PostPosted: Jan 27, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input, I'm really liking the Air Boom Aireal 3D tower!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: