Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Why ban it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
microman
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:
Does the scientific community consider a person gay if they haven't had a sexual encounter, but just consider themselves attracted to the same sex?

Well that's what people who are "anti-gay" never seem to understand/acknowledge, i.e. being gay is simply part of who someone is. It's not a sexual act or "lifestyle choice".
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the scientific community consider a person gay if they haven't had a sexual encounter, but just consider themselves attracted to the same sex?

yes.

Tim Gunn is GAY. GAY GAY GAY GAY, for instance.

Dethinersssss!!!!

But he does not have sex and has been celibate for a long time after a negative sexual experience. But he's still gay. God, is that guy gay...

As for kids being programmed to kill, I think that is a but of a stretch for a comparison, but you are right that these kids (my girlfriend actually works with some of them from time to time who end up in her class) are damaged. They often can recover, but they are scarred for sure.

I don't honestly know if you could change a 1 or 2 into a 0. I suspect you could change their behavior, but I don't think you can change who they are. But maybe I am wrong. Either way, 1s and 2s often just skate by posing as straight anyway, if they come from the kind of family that would seek to reprogram them in this way. Sexuality is very complex, either way.

buckthis
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Orlando

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"To me its kinda like being right handed or left handed. Its not a "choice", but its also not a genetic predisposition either. It manifests itself based on variables and we foster it early on. Our entire system learns to function on that premise. I dont feel like I chose to be right handed, but I also see wounded vets come back without their dominant arm and become equally coordinated with their remaining arm. I see left handed people who golf right handed and do it well. I think Im right handed because of the way I interpreted my environment and interacted with it. I dont think I actively chose it, no do I think I was born that way."
You probably didn't choose to be a regular footed wakeboarder, but eveytime you ride you should practice switch!
I don't know what that has to do with this thread but its the only thing I was thinking about when you were taking right and left handed.

Zach M
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Seattle

PostPosted: Oct 04, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This. That is all.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you consider any type of sexual thought to put a person in that category, too. For example, if a guy fantasized about men in addition to women, would he basically be considered bi even without action? Does that also put a person into the pedophile category, just for thinking about it?

*Just so we don't go off on a tangent, I'm not trying to compare pedophilia to homosexuality, just action versus thought and how that categorizes the person.

Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I would consider sexuality to be determined by who the person currently falls in love with or is attracted to.

The problem is that we seem to need to catagorize everything and label it, but sexuality is too nuanced to really work that way.

Okie Boarder
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Edmond

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if a person is attracted to men and women both? Is that considered that they are sliding back and forth on the scale?

When you say attraction, you're meaning, not just a passing thought, right?

Nor*Cal
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Sac

PostPosted: Oct 05, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie Boarder wrote:
So, if a person is attracted to men and women both? Is that considered that they are sliding back and forth on the scale?

When you say attraction, you're meaning, not just a passing thought, right?

Look up Kinsey Scale, then look up Klein Sexual Orientation Grid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Add To Favorites

Jump to: