Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Zimmerman...f'ing liberal media
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RampageWake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think people should keep calm about this and let the court system work.

I would hate for an innocent man to be convicted out of fear of public unrest.

And vice versa.

^^ Sensible.

RIP M.H.Legge
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Webster

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it? I don't know florida law enough to say.

I am serious though, when I say that we all, including me, need to allow the court to work. And someone should arrest the black panthers that put out a "bounty" on zimmerman's head.

RampageWake
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Houston

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it does make me a bit uneasy when I hear the special prosecutor make statements like "After meeting with Trayvon's parents that first Monday night after we were appointed, the first thing we did was pray with them". Really? Is that what the state should be doing? Zimmerman may be guilty as hell, I obviously don't know, but let's leave the praying to the "reverands"...

RIP M.H.Legge
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, it does make me a bit uneasy when I hear the special prosecutor make statements like "After meeting with Trayvon's parents that first Monday night after we were appointed, the first thing we did was pray with them

I wish that the north lost the civil war and just let the southern states have their own government.

DCdave56
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Central Cali

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tired of seeing the media use Trayvon's baby pictures...
jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Boerne

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chavez wrote:
cameraboy, it's not an assumption given what we know as "fact".

Zimmerman admitted killing Martin. Claims it was self-defense. Martin was not armed, and Zimmerman was specifically told by authorities to NOT follow Martin.

^That is enough to book him for manslaughter and conduct a thorough homicide investigation. Hell, the fact that Zimmerman admittedly shot (an unarmed) Martin is enough.

Why waste tax payers dollars on a trial, when it is clear (in their opinions) that he has a valid defense? There is enough government waste already...

Are you a Florida attorney? Do you have the police report and/or all the facts of the case?

I wouldnt classify a 911 operator as an "authority"
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Roseville

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgriffith, who's opinion? The police? F'in ROFL Laughing

Taxpayer dollars should be "wasted" on a trial because we have a system in place to determine guilt. It is the job of the police to investigate crimes like these, and report their findings. Their job is not to determine if a person, who ADMITTED to killing another person, is guilty or not. They should have taken the man into custody, and let the DA sort it out after a thorough homicide investigation.

Just "taking the word" of an admitted killer that he pulled his trigger in "self-defense" is laughable.

I will admit, my opinion MIGHT be colored here by the fact that someone did in fact kill one of my family members, then try to claim "self-defense". Fortunately for us, the police did not screw up that investigation and the killer was tried and found guilty in a court of law by a jury of his peers. You know, the way the system is designed to work. Rolling Eyes

RIP MHL 04/25/1958 - 01/11/2006
jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im truly sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine.

In this case, it just doesnt make sense to me to prosecute. The only witness corroberates the defendants version of the facts. How is the prosecutor going to possible disprove z's affirmative defense beyond a reasonable doubt with no witnesses? Without knowing anything about Florida law (went to law school in Texas), I would imagine the defendant merely has to raise the affirmative defense (and probably prove by a preponderance of the evidence, a low standard) in order to shift the burden back to the prosecutor to disprove the affirmative defense beyond a reasonable doubt. I do not know all the facts but, if this was all the police had, it makes no sense to prosecute (other than to appease the mobs).
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgriffith, there is evidence all over. Ballistics, for one. There were other witnesses who heard the commotion (including Martin's girlfriend).

And there is one extremely strong piece of evidence: a dead kid who was armed with nothing more than a cell phone, a bag of skittles, and an iced tea.

Another strong piece of evidence: a guy, who despite being told by police NOT to pursue, ignored that order and wound up killing an unarmed kid.

Another strong piece of evidence: an admission, by Z, that he shot this kid.

In any event, Z is the aggressor here by way of initiating contact with Martin that he was specifically told not to do by police. Had Z followed the directions he was given, Martin would be alive.

And for the record, getting your ass beat by an unarmed 17yo kid is not in any way, justification for pulling the trigger. Unless you are going to turn it on yourself and pull out of embarrassment. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by chavez on Apr 12, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only witness corroberates the defendants version of the facts. How is the prosecutor going to possible disprove z's affirmative defense beyond a reasonable doubt with no witnesses?

What does the evidence tell us? Is there any? I guess we will have to wait and find out.

jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I confused or are you when you say the "police" told him not to pursue? I thought it was a 911 operator...not an authority and def not a cop

And yes getting your ass beat by an unarmed 17yo kid could potentially justify pulling the trigger...I dont know because I wasnt there and do not know the extent of the injuries.

Initiating contact does not = aggression. Where you there? Do you know the facts as well as the local pd?
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgriffith, that's complete crap and you know it. Typical attorney bs response. Tell that stuff to the dead kid's parents and see if you don't end up with his mom's foot broken off in your ass.

911 operator = authority figure - PERIOD. They are trained to be the first line, to deal with the situation until help can arrive. That is why they specifically told Z not to pursue. They aren't doing it because it feels right, they do it because that is what they are trained to do to prevent escalation of the situation. Tell me they aren't an authority figure... pfft!!!

And getting your ass beat IS NEVER JUSTIFICATION for DEATH. This is DEATH you dumb ass. Not "oh noes I got beat down by an unarmed kid" - DEATH.

Initiating contact, when you are SPECIFICALLY TOLD NOT TO DO IT BY AN AUTHORITY FIGURE IS AGGRESSION. END OF STORY. Thinking it's not is idiotic at best.

If you think it isn't, well you aren't the sharpest tool or have drank way too much of the law school kool aid.

If I'm his parents, I've already filed the wrongful death suit against Z, and the agency that permitted his CHW, and the homeowner's association that "let him" play pretend cop neighborhood watch guy.

PS: the 911 tapes are public. You can hear the 911 operator tell him NOT to do it. LISTEN TO IT AND TELL ME HE ISN'T AN AGGRESSOR.

FWIW: I do not know that Z is a murderer. I do know, for FACT he is a killer. That particular evidence is indisputable.

jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are saying that getting your ass beat cannot result in getting your ass beat TO DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY?

You have your opinion and I have mine, I dont appreciate the name calling, its completely unnecessary. Try to remember they are just that, opinions, not fact
chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgriffith, it's a little too personal to me. I don't appreciate your ignorance, either. I find that completely unnecessary. Dunno if it's that lawyer kool-aid or what, but it's pretty f*cked up.

I'm done in here. Way too close to home.

Baltfrog
Addict
Addict

City: Baltimore

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the young man who was recently shot because the 911 operator told him to return to the scene? At the end of the day people are making way too many assumptions and if someone does start beating you whether they
are armed or not, can justly be shot. Not saying its the best solution or the only solution but it can sometimes be just.

nmballa
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgriffith wrote:
Im truly sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine.

In this case, it just doesnt make sense to me to prosecute. The only witness corroberates the defendants version of the facts. How is the prosecutor going to possible disprove z's affirmative defense beyond a reasonable doubt with no witnesses? Without knowing anything about Florida law (went to law school in Texas), I would imagine the defendant merely has to raise the affirmative defense (and probably prove by a preponderance of the evidence, a low standard) in order to shift the burden back to the prosecutor to disprove the affirmative defense beyond a reasonable doubt. I do not know all the facts but, if this was all the police had, it makes no sense to prosecute (other than to appease the mobs).

I'm all about stand your ground but IMO Trayvon stood his ground after being followed and accosted. Do I know what happened that day, no. But see how quickly that arguement can be spun. Fact of the matter is Zimmerman pursued Trayvon after he was told to stand down. This made Zimmerman the aggressor. If stand your ground is cited then it should be on Trayvons behalf. He stood his ground after being pursued.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509037985&ref=profile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
nmballa
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Milwaukee

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgriffith wrote:
Initiating contact does not = aggression.

Actually yes it does. He initiated the confrontation. He was the aggressor.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=509037985&ref=profile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nmballa wrote:
jgriffith wrote:
Initiating contact does not = aggression.

Actually yes it does. He initiated the confrontation. He was the aggressor.

We dont know that, or at least i dont...where you there? That is you OPINION not a FACT, the pd's opinion differs from your uninformed opinion

Last edited by jgriffith on Apr 12, 2012 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 12, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops
Neognosis
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Florida is usually pretty liberal about cameras in the courtroom, so we might be watching this case for months and months.
ridininmd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cameraboy wrote:
Well, Florida is usually pretty liberal about cameras in the courtroom, so we might be watching this case for months and months.

If it goes to trial I would count on cameras being there. However there is still a pretty strong chance the whole thing gets thrown out before it ever goes to trial.
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Apr 13, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad thing is that the only way this doesn't end in riot is if this guy is put away regardless of guilt or law. Like it or not, there will be an unspoken pressure to keep the peace.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
patoloco
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Indianapolis, in

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/26/will-eyewitnesses-help-george-zimmerman--trial-day-3-prosecutors
eeven73
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: Halfway

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This situation is a fairly convincing argument to not carry a handgun.

No handgun=no death=no trial.

P.S. I am pro 2nd amendment.

jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73, I think its more like

No pretending to be a cop = no death = no trial

I carry, but I have not and will not follow and confront suspicious people around my neighborhood.
eeven73

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not an indictment on people who carry.

Just saying for me personally, I perceive too much risk in carrying vs. what I perceive as the risk of needing a gun and not having.

TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did any of you watch that last witness. Holy hell Laughing Laughing
jason_ssr
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Dallas, Tx

PostPosted: Jun 27, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeven73 wrote:
Its not an indictment on people who carry.

Just saying for me personally, I perceive too much risk in carrying vs. what I perceive as the risk of needing a gun and not having.

Alot of people struggle with this thought, esp with fringe cases like this in the headlines. IMO it just depends on the individual and how you handle yourself. For most, they are far less confrontational when carrying. Very few regular Joe's become bolstered by it. This guy is a bad example of what concealed carry is for. Its to save the lives of you and your family in the event someone attempts to take it. Its not a tool to tip the scales of daily confrontations with the world.

The risk is all based on your reaction to confrontation. If you feel that a bad driver on the freeway might enrage you so much that if you had a gun you would really pull it out, then yes, the risk is too high. If you are a normal guy in control of his scene, then there is no risk. You would never fogive yourself if some jackwagon puts you\your family in a lethal situation, and you had no option.

Its hard to make a risk argument because the probabilities on all sides are so small. Assuming a guy is a normal guy, if he is put in a situation where he feared another person was going to take the life of him or his family, there are only a couple ways it can go, and there are more positive outcomes than negative if he is armed and more negative outcomes if he is not.

My avatar is NOT a pic of me! HAHA!
Dragonlady8
Black Widow
Black Widow

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trial is on 7 channels! Evil or Very Mad Every lounge I walk into it's on. Just another Casey Anthony circus for FL.
So glad I moved out of that county 3yrs ago.

If you didn't chase someone down while carrying a gun, this all wouldn't be happening.

chavez
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Jul 05, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^better yet, if you weren't such a pu$$ about getting yer a$$ kicked by a kid, maybe you'd have just been a man instead of a little bitch who happened to have a gun.

Or even better yet, how about do what you're supposed to do with neighborhood watch - observe and report - and not play wannabe cop.

Gun laws notwithstanding, Zimmerman is a real piece of s***. His defense basically rests on him screaming like a little bitch for help while getting whooped by a kid. Yo George, give me any and all man cards you possess, they have been REVOKED.

eeven73

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Guilty.
Chattwake
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chattanooga

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat me to it!
TnR6Rida
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: West TN

PostPosted: Jul 13, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good
jgriffith
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty obvious result, cops had it right from the beginning, waste of taxpayer money. I hope there are no riots
ridininmd
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

PostPosted: Jul 14, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgriffith wrote:
Pretty obvious result, cops had it right from the beginning, waste of taxpayer money. I hope there are no riots

Exactly, they couldn't prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt, it should have never gone to trial in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised to see the police chief that got fired over this sue the crap out of the city.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Non-Wakeboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Add To Favorites

Jump to: