Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Brand New Wakesetter VLX
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What boat would you choose?
Tige
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Malibu
54%
 54%  [ 47 ]
Air Nautique
30%
 30%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 86

Stephan

PostPosted: Apr 22, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent last Saturday on a 2005 Malibu LSV putting it through its paces for customers. I emptied it's ballast and was whipping bat turns like a MFer. That thing handled so good for such a huge boat. After being on it all day we jumped in the VLX to go for a set & I couldn't get over how small it felt!! This is coming from someone who loves the VLX!! Those 23's are just friggen tight!! (as in cool mr bruky)

Damn, you guys are being harsh. This guy had an observation and he explained it. So would you guys(Bambam) rather have him hold his observations & check with you (& any other pre-conceived consensus) before stating what he experienced? If so please edit anything I've said that displeases you & get back to me with a statement that you will allow. Thanks guys, can't wait to get your approval!!! Rolling Eyes
chilly willy
Criminal
Criminal

City: Vancouver

PostPosted: Apr 24, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So i just find it funny that this guy didnt even think to look at the X-2, but hey, i guess thats his loss.

Acutually, i went to the boat show and saw all of the 'X' models. furthermore, ive ridden behind an X-8 and a X-2, but the guys that were driving didnt know dick all. a bad experience can ruin something awesome. listen, im not trying to knock your guys boats or anything, im just saying that i preferred the malibu. but if u guys want to get all pissy, do it somewhere else. obviously all/most of the boat companies are good in aspects, otherwise we wouldnt know about them. obviously the X-Series kicks ass otherwise pro riders wouldnt ride them, same with Malibu, Nautiques and all the rest. now give it a rest.

Bambamski
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Calgary

PostPosted: Apr 24, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephan I don't doubt that the boat handles ok when the ballast is emptied and the wedge is up. How much time do you run like that vs fully weighted with the wedge down? 95% of the time that we run our boat we have all the tanks filled with extra weight and it still handles great. I've never been in a Malibu when it was weighted and the wedge was down and it handled great. the Wedge makes it the worst handling boat on the water. I honestly couldn't care less how a boats handles without ballast filled because we never drive the boat like that.

A buddy of mine test drove the new VLX and he said it handled unbelievable with the wedge up compared to his old VLX. He said with the wedge down it was the same old same old. If you don't run with the wedge then you have a great handling boat. However the first thing most people do is flip the wedge down.

I"m not sure I've ever heard of X-8? YOu must be thinking of something else.
chilly willy
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, x-8. dont even worry about it. what about riding without tha wedge man? thats what i find the best. so dope. i only use it when i need to, like when i dont have that many people in my boat.
wakefunX-2

City: Sacramento

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A X-8 huh? You sure about that one? And by the way, whos getting pissy, sound to me like you are more so than anyone else. My only point was that Mastercraft makes more boats then just the X-star, so if you test drove the X-2 and the "X-8" then why didnt you state that as well? You were the one who sumed up your boat shopping with Mastercraft by saying "we had checked out mastercraft at the boat show but i have a huge hatred of X-Stars" So maybe you should have added a little more dont you think?
ben8473
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got an old 79 nautique, and i tell you this, i wouldn't swap her in for any of those heaps of sh1t..... Wink
jason2454
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: austin

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wedge does make our LSV a tank but when pulling boarders im not making any sharp turns or anything thats hard to do... When im not pulling anyone i always empty the tanks(5 min or so?) which you can do while driving and putting the wedge up takes about 5 seconds; just because I dont want to be cruising with all the added stress on the boat.. I dont expect any wake boat to handle great with 1200+ lbs of ballast in it...
Bruky

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they have the 210 and i think its called the 211 right, the 22 footer?

Super Air is 21'2", 91" beam. SV211 is 20'9" with a 93" beam.

Stephan, I wouldn't get on your case for the "tight" thing, I just don't like the other guy. Razz I do have doubt you've put enough time in driving the LSV, 226, X-Star, Supra 24V, V230, Tige 24V, and V23 to give an accurate review on the handling of the boats.

Quote:
This guy had an observation and he explained it

He doesn't sound the least bit credible.

Quote:
no, x-8. dont even worry about it.

You're an idiot, shutup.
ty540
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Apr 26, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, some of you folks get pissy when talking about boats... Rolling Eyes You really can't go wrong with a VLX.
Schmo
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Gainesville

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we are making general, wide sweeping statements... you really can't go wrong with most of the name brand, inboard, wakeboarding boats these days. It is all a matter of preference and dollars that you want to spend.

I would be willing to bet that anyone that is good on this site can thow their whole set of tricks on almost any of the wakeboard specific boats that have some sort of ballast. Granted, some may suit their style better but almost any of these boats would be good enough for the large majority of us to say that you really can't go wrong with any of them... it is just a matter of how much "more right" a boat is for a persons particular needs (some outside of wakeboarding).
NAW
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Chicago-ish

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know what this thread is all about, but I know that there's no wb boat called an X-8.

MC has:
X-2
X-7
X-10
X-45
X-30
X-80

...and a new model which will be coming out, but it's not a X-8.

Schmo
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Gainesville

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget X-Star....
EWATER
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idiot? reaching puberty? May be time to back away from that keyboard.
SuPrA*bOaTs
Criminal
Criminal

City: Kelowna

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with the Malibu wakesetter VLX awsome boat that looks great to
Bruky

PostPosted: Apr 27, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Statement wasn't aimed towards you, so you have nothing to get upset about. My keyboard and I make a very productive team, but I'll scribble you in just incase we ever need counselling.
chilly willy
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Schmo"]While we are making general, wide sweeping statements... you really can't go wrong with most of the name brand, inboard, wakeboarding boats these days. It is all a matter of preference and dollars that you want to spend.
Quote:

you are 100% right man. because if the boat companies that are out there sucked, you wouldnt hear about then towing at comps. and stuff.

Bruky wrote:
Quote:

Statement wasn't aimed towards you, so you have nothing to get upset about. My keyboard and I make a very productive team, but I'll scribble you in just incase we ever need counselling.

hahahaha, man...that was acutually pretty funny. despite our so called "differences". ohh yeah, and as far as my "X-8" comment, i dont know what i was tripping on. im just so stoked right now cause my boat comes up from cali in about 2 weeks peace.
EWATER
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: Apr 28, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad Bruky...You were right.
chilly willy
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 15, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO STOKED. THURSDAY IS THE PICK UP DAY!! GET SOME PICTURES HOOKED UP SOON!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Wakeboard Boat General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: