Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Outer Banks, NC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhilly8982
Addict
Addict

City: Northville

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Outer Banks, NC Reply with quote

Anyone ride near there at all? i will be in Nags Head, mile post 14 for the last week in June and was wondering what, if any riding, winching, etc went on there.

I am guessing this might be a long shot and the coast of the atlantic is not very condusive to wakeboarding. Just thought there might be an inland lake, river or somewhere on the sound that might have some wakeboarding activity
sabastianunf

City: Hilton Head Island

PostPosted: Jul 24, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone out there either fishes or surfs - I would reccomend buying a good wetsuit and take up surfing. I live on Hilton Head Island, SC and not many people wakeboard around here b/c the wind is always blowing.
malibutansnc

City: wilmington

PostPosted: Feb 07, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im late on this but I am from there. There is only one spot to ride which is the sound.
Boat ramp is on Bay Shore Drive in Kill Devil Hills. Thats gonna be your only shot.
You can put out in Kitty Hawk but it is a long and curvy ride out to the sound and if you don't know the way it can be bad, especially for a Vdrive or inboard boat, I wouldn't do it. Best bet there is surfing, or try to kiteboard.
breakwater

PostPosted: Mar 31, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Wakeboarding on The Outer Banks Reply with quote

I know this is a super old thread, but I had the same question.

If anyone else is looking, I found these guys in Duck, NC on the northern Outer Banks. www.norbanks.com

They do private trips on the sound side out of a big watersports place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Find a Pull All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: