Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Vests for bigger breasted women?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Push Girl

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have a D cup and I have a pretty good sized frame. I used to wear a guys vest, but I have a problem with the arm holes being a little larger than normal, but I also have a hard time with it riding up because it is longer. I have an HO vest (which Hyperlite and HO are pretty much the same) and I haven't had a problem since.
The neoprene isn't as bulky as the Hyperlite vest I used to wear. My suggestion would be to look around. You might want to check the thickness of the vest itself in the chest. That's what I had to do. You have to be careful though, if you want Coast Guard Approved then most of those vests are a little heavier. If Hyperlite and Liquid Force aren't working there are a whole lot of companies out there: Rip Curl, O Neill, Jet Pilot, SWS, Body Glove, etc. It took me a few years before I found the ONE. Good luck and don't give up the one you're looking for is out there somewhere.
wakeflopper
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Davis

PostPosted: Jun 16, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: any luck w/ a jacket this year? Reply with quote

I realize this is an old thread, but just had to see if you had found a solution, I am in the same boat, and I've tried the Jet pilots, look cool, but they run a bit smaller, and ever since I had a baby, the d's went to ff. the Jet Pilot's comprable sizes are much smaller, as are Roxy, ieL 40-44 inches is larger than ANY of the Jet Pilot sizes, and I use a hyperlite L, but it is SOOOO bulky over the knockers. In order to have a jacket fit the top, it telescopes up b/c the waist is... thankfully, back to pre-preggo size (28inch) granted I'm a bigger girl, I just wish SOMEONE made good atheltic jackets for our more curvatious friends. I did see an add for an XXL roxy in a magazine, but no shops nearby, any comment?
booby bunny
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: duck central

PostPosted: Jun 16, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one seems to understand that real woman, not just barbie dolls ride. I have had the hardest time finding decent stuff. I have this issue in not just water gear, but cycling gear, snow gear, and "outdoor" or hiking type stuff. I love the water girl stuff by patagonia, it has been pretty supportive. Athleta has a couple of swimsuits, board short combos that are good. I have given up on the roxy and Oneil ever fitting me right.

As for a vest... I wear an old HO, men's, cinch the waist in as tight as possible and hope it all stays put in a wipe out.

BTW.. after three kiddos, the DDs are still in the H range. Nothing fits right, and I wonder if it ever will. Sad
wakeflopper
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Davis

PostPosted: Jun 17, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that's what the plastic surgeons are for, since I'm not going that route, maybe I'll start my own line of water gear! See you at the surf and sport expos!!!!!
o-kkk

City: Texarkana

PostPosted: Jun 26, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey girls, i was having this same problem not too long ago.

i started out with the boyfriend's vest, then got one of the hyperlite vests..
http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/iebeH
it was terrrrrible. stuck out so far, i looked pregnant.

i then decided to invest in the Liquid Force Jett competition vest. It's slim and looks so pretty on, and keeps you afloat.

http://www.buywake.com/catalog/detail/97HVm

great investment for us big booby girls.

it's all o-kkk and not for the klan.
Dirt Girl

PostPosted: Jul 30, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents... I am a 40D and the Liquid Force Jett vest is by far the best I have owned. It is a comp vest, but seems to have a lot of floatation in it. I was using mens vests to accomodate my size, but the Jett is by far more comfortable and looks great!
geissap

PostPosted: Aug 01, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That liquid force jett looks decent but it's non-CGA anyone find anything that is cga approved?
flixmaster
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sep 04, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the Hyperlite profile vest. It actually has more room in the vest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website
SexyWS6Mama
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Killeen

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had posted before but I'm a large C cup and wear Oneill Flare CGA and it's great vest! I think Jet Pilot is good too!
Chocoholic
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Dubai

PostPosted: Sep 15, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'll throw in the kudos for JetPilot - I have the A-10 Attack vest. I'm a 34D and it fits me really well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: