Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

question about flex yo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cezza
Addict
Addict

City: Hamilton, New Zealand

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: question about flex yo Reply with quote

hey just coz its summer in the northeren part of the world doesnt mean ya cant talk about snowboarding haha.

question. if you were to keep flexing your board like pushing the middle in and out hard would the board become more flexable?

* no i dont smoke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Damon
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Federal Way / Bellingham

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a brand new board, yes it would become more flexible, but you'd have to do it alot. Riding it one day will do more then you flexing it back and forth will do. If you want more flex, drill holes in the topsheet, or take it to a shop and have them grind down the base... please don't do either of these things to a new board...
ikonxone
Criminal
Criminal

City: Henderson

PostPosted: May 29, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would never drill into a board or grind down the base. you put the intergrity of the board at risk and could seriously hurt yourself if it broke.

when i get a new board, i will typically hand flex it a couple times and then flex it when i am strapped in. it will take a good amount of riding to get a board to flex past what the rating is. you usually need to buy a board that has a lot of flex if that is what you are looking for.

cezza
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 29, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ride a forum jp 154..its not the most flexy board around..

so u guys rekon if i keep flexing it in any kind of way it should be more flexy?

* no i dont smoke
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ikonxone
Criminal
Criminal

City: Henderson

PostPosted: May 30, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cezza

the older and more use a board gets the more it will flex. how much you can flex the board is also based on your weight, height and stance. maybe try standing in your house and strap in and flex the board on carpet.

kdip
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Coquitlam, BC

PostPosted: May 30, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cezza, Why would you want to change a forum, I ride the destroyer its a beauty. Jp left forum Sad
cezza
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: May 30, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kdip, na i love forum dude im not changing.

jp left forum? when?, hes my fav rider aye!! who does he ride for now?

ikonxone, yeh i do do that aye. thanks bro

* no i dont smoke
macdaddy07
Criminal
Criminal

City: houston

PostPosted: Jun 03, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh i cant belive what im readin... stance weight and height have nothing to do with flex. a board flexes the same no matter what. how YOU can flex the board depends on your stance and strength, now if your talking about riding down a rail flex, that is your weight. also why would you drill holes into your topsheet?!?!! this will speed up the process of delaming, and enevidably cause you to have to buy a new one. best thing to do off season is just carpet board in your house, practice your butters, jump on some furniture or whatever.
cezza
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Jun 07, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macdaddy07, ...therefore from doing this, your board will become more flex right?

* no i dont smoke
pancoast
Outlaw
Outlaw

PostPosted: Jun 18, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On most new high end boards flexing it with your hand and riding it will do nothing to change the flex. Now a days high end board manufatures over press the camber of the board and then press it back so that all boards are already broken in before you even get it. This benifits in that the board is going to ride like its brand new for as long as you ride it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Snowboarding All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: