Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Making girls feel more comfortable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Making girls feel more comfortable Reply with quote

I'm going to the lake with my family this sunday-wednesday. I recently found out that another girl I know will be there at the same time with her family and she is bringing friends(one of which is my girlfriend). None of them can get up, one says that she's gotten up before but can't anymore. I was really excited to go out with them and teach them but I recently found out that they didnt really want to wakeboard with me because they thought they would embarass themselves. Is there anything I can do to make them feel more comfortable? I'm kind of hoping that there going to realize that it's nothing to worry about and they can relax and have fun.
jhilly8982
Addict
Addict

City: Northville

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't go first, encourage them, never say to them it is easy, give them good pointers and be humble...ex.) it took me forever to get up.

On my boat i never want to give a newbie the impression that they are wasting my time (even though they might be)
pooser
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: Jun 13, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasnt sure if I should go first or not. Maybe I can have my little sisters go. I'm sure theyll want someone to go first so they can see how its done but don't want to have to follow someone "good". Every time i try to be encouraging I feel like i might be making it worse because I know they'll do fine but theyre pretty convinced that they wont and will look stupid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Ladies Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: