Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

pool gap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brazosfreak05

PostPosted: May 03, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: pool gap Reply with quote

Ok i am going to build a 50 foot pool then i was planning on building a 40 foot rail. Probably sloped up and then flat. Then i was going to dig a landing pool i guess 50 feet long. Also at the beginning of the start pool i was going to have 4 15' pvc pipes to start on. My questions are is the rail going to be to long? What tyype of tarp do i use for the pools and can i use only one per pool or will two leak? Also how do i put pics up?
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: May 03, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

40' rail is pretty long when there's no margin for error on falling off. If you're pretty experienced at rails or you don't mind rough impacts, longer rails are more challenging and more fun.

Use a thick plastic liner for the pools, not a woven tarp. You can put them together with duct tape if you can't find one the right size.

I wouldn't dig it into the ground either Just build a wooden frame and stake it into the ground. Saves a lot of time and energy.

What are you going to use to pull with?

If the pic is already online just put the url to it into [img][/img] tags. If it is not there should be a section of the posting where you can upload an attachment. I'm not sure if newbies can post pics though.

brazosfreak05

PostPosted: May 03, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the top pool was going to be out of hay bails but the bottom pool the ground is all sloped so i was going to get a bobcat and flatten it out. I wanted to get pulled with a winch but dont have the money to put one together so i think i may pool it with the 4 wheeler.
Wakebrad
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

City: Dallas

PostPosted: May 03, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brazosfreak05, 4 wheeler works. If you've got a bobcat then it wouldn't be too hard to dig the pool, I was thinking shovel. PITA.

Where do you live that you have that much land, a bobcat and a bunch of hay bails. I'd be worried that the hay might puncture the plastic but I don't know.

brazosfreak05

PostPosted: May 03, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in mansfield and my dads friend has a bobcat and he also has the hay bails. I also thought of building the starting pool out of wood but i am trying to build this thing for as cheap as possible.
urinal mint
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Texarkana

PostPosted: May 05, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you would really need to do is build a wooden rectangle. Put a 2x4 every 4' or so to hold the wall and maybe some hay bails too. don't build a floor for either pool to save the money. plus grass is easier to land on then wood:P(keep in mind the grass is under the plastic sheeting).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Cable Parks and Slider Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: