Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

1985 Supra Sunsport

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkimister2

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: 1985 Supra Sunsport Reply with quote

Over the past year or so I have been searching and saving up some money to get a boat. I found a 1990 Supra Mariah last summer but couldn't sell my jetski fast enough before another buyer picked it up. Finally I found another Supra in my area that was in my price range. It is completely stock and is in pretty decent shape. Only a couple rips in the vinyl and the engine could use a little tune up. The trailer also needs new wiring... Here are the pictures:

Here are the future plans:
90 amp alternator
Fuel pump
2-Optima Blue tops
Wire in the head unit
2-10" Subwoofers and an amp (probably 2)
Make an tower at work
Make tower speakers
Make tower wakeboard racks
removing the vinyl stripe and decals
sand the swim platform and re-oil it

I am also thinking of possibly reupholstering the interior, redoing all the wood under the seats and some new carpet.
Here is a picture of a quick photoshop I did with the stripe removed.

This is my first idea of the tower:

I am thinking of making it out of aluminum square tubing since it would be easier to make at work, but I am not sure. Is there a great advantage to making it out of round tubing? Does anyone have any other ideas for the tower? What I want is a little different but I am new to photoshop so its hard to show how I want it.
Let me know what you think...
Thanks, Andrew
Commodore
Ladies Man
Ladies Man

PostPosted: Mar 06, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the boat man! You'll definitely get a nice wake out of that once you add some weight.

Some things you asked in your PM:
Trailer: The size of your boat, and what appears to be minimal rollers, yes I would go to bunks. Just because they spread the weight load better, and are easier to get up on. Line it up and go, where as with rollers if you miss you hit the sides.

Tower: Round does have some strength advantages. But the primary reason for using round is asthetics. It looks better. That's the main reason. Square would be fine. Just make sure the base plate is decently sized to spread the load properly.

Definitely looks good with no stripe.

In regards to your future upgrades of stereo, gadgets, etc.
Hold off on those first. Take the boat out on and run it for a few days. Then go through it with a flashlight. Try every button, every panel, find everything that is wrong with it and make a list. Minor stuff like switches and fuses can be easily fixed. But the motor is your biggest concern. You want to make sure it's in top running order before you spend money on a stereo. Get the boat squared away first, then add goodies. Because it will suck to be sitting in your driveway with the stereo bumping, rather then being out on the water without one.

Pm me if you have more questions, I'd be happy to help.
Lurn2sk8board666

PostPosted: Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same boat year and everything, im in the process of building a tower for it. It should be done within a week or so and i'll put a picture of it on here so you can see what it looks like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Share Your Boat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: