Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

I have a problem...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fauker
Soul Rider
Soul Rider

City: Charlotte

PostPosted: May 18, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: I have a problem... Reply with quote

I cant do jack toeside...

the only solid toeside invert I have is a method roll to revert. This is just not cutting it.... I can land sketchy crows now and then, but I never get good pop. About the same thing with a toeside backroll, I cant get that thing consistent, but I can get the pop with it fine - just the landing usually gets away from me.

What am I doing wrong? I can do big toeside wakejumps inthe flats, getting plenty of pop, I can float lofty 180's from the ts with plenty pop, 3's too. When I cut in for a crow/front roll I have plenty of speed, but I feel like I get nothing out of the wake... What is the key to timing the pop on toeside front rolls and their variations (crows elephants etc)? Any advice; weight proportion, handle position, body position, edge changing etc would be appreciated...

Im just sick of being weighted so heavily on one side - thanks.

toothpick
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Clermont

PostPosted: May 18, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most invert problems that you're explaining come from just what you asked about, edging wrong and starting the flip too early.

For the front roll moves, get a good early start on your edge so you can really back off and get on your heels at the wake with your hips up nice and tall. Hold that position until you're off of the wake, then tuck.

For the backroll moves, just think of doing one of your big ts airs and really dig your ts edge into the wake. Take a nice slow progressive edge into the wake to make sure your hardest edge is at the top of the wake. Same thing on this one, make sure you wait til you're in the air to start flipping.

Hope that helps.
toothpick
Wakeboarder.Commie
Wakeboarder.Commie

City: Clermont

PostPosted: May 18, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more thing is that when you are coming into the wake on your ts edge, the main load of the line is created by resistance from your back arm, so on your edge and flip, hold on with that back hand at least halfway through your flip (unless you're grabbing it of course, but you shouldn't grab it yet if you're working on taking it bigger and getting it more consistent).

Holding on with both hands longer will give you more power and better rotation.
Breezer
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: Austin

PostPosted: May 19, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be nice to have inverts in your trick list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: