Wakeboarder Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   StatisticsStats   FavoritesFavorites   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
BlogsBlogs   

Load and releasing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BamBam
Criminal
Criminal

City: Glenpool

PostPosted: May 14, 2003 5:17 am    Post subject: Load and releasing Reply with quote

I read the article in WBM about loading and releasing. Naturally i went out the next day and tried it without success. I understand the concept of it all but i cant get the timing down. any tips on this would be nice
Jim M
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

PostPosted: May 14, 2003 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to keep your line tight- the tighter the line, the more power you will have for your release. For heelside, put increased pressure on your heels, which will in turn increase your line tension. For toeside, stand a little taller and put increased pressure on your toes.

For the release, its important to carry your edge through the wake to keep your power, and stand tall/release as you are LEAVING the wake. It is a timing thing, do it too early and you will flatten out and lose your pop, do it too late and your knees will get kicked up and you won't get pop.

Make sure you have a true edge, thats the angle of your board off the water. Dig those heels in and keep your weight centered. You can charge the wake like a mean s.o.b. and still not have a true edge to give you lift off the wake.

This site has good trick tips on progressive edging as well.
Rob74
Criminal
Criminal

PostPosted: May 14, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best advice is to relax. Try not to overcomplicate the edging.

Try this:

Let the boat pull you towards the wake. Start your progressive edge about 5 feet from the wake, making sure you edge hardest while going through the wake. Edging hardest through the wake is the most important thing you can do. Once you get the feel for it, start your progressive edge from farther out, say 8 feet.. As you get the feel for it, keep moving further and further out. It is a lot easier to learn the progressive edge on a short approach. On a 15-20 foot approach you have a higher chance of coming off edge to quick.

It doesn't take much to jump w2w. HS and TS backrolls and spins can be easily done on a 6 to 8 ft cut.
J_DOGG
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much
PityDaFool Who Posts This Much

City: New Hampshire

PostPosted: May 14, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the same drill also, cut out to the flats cut back in for 3 feet then cut back out hard as hell and wait for the POP.... I got pulled onto my face the first few times but I'm really starting to get the feel they are talking about... I don't have it all figured out but I'm getting there, you need to not worry about crashing the first few times and really commit to the cut and wait for the POP.

I can now land in the flats like they talk about with minimal effort on my part....

I thought that was a great article, Kyle does a good job for them, give me more, more, more......I need more knowledge....

Aubs wrote:
J Dogg - I thought of you last night.

"Everyone wants a bite, it don't happen over night"!
Mister C
Wakeboarder.com Freak
Wakeboarder.com Freak

City: Burbank, SO-CAL

PostPosted: May 14, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this at the very end of summer last year. My problem was that i bent my knees coming off the wake, and i absorbed a lot of the pop. The one time i did it remotely correct, i had the unfortunate experience of landing in the trough of the opposite wake and faceplanting. Fun stuff.
Random112233
Outlaw
Outlaw

City: NC

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch, i load the line and then i sorta push off the wake, that gives me some major air.

then ask her if she wants to practice the gift of tongues
shane515051
Criminal
Criminal

City: Safford

PostPosted: May 15, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u are loading it right u should be able to go wake to wake from only about five feet out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wakeboarder Forum Index -> Trick Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Add To Favorites

Jump to: